Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
greenphantom
Swell

To be fair, the pick 6 was kind of a fluke. It was a swing pass to the RB in the flat. The pass was a little high and the RB was slow to react and it bounced off his helmet up into the air and Wisconsin picked it off and returned it for TD.

Wave755
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:To be fair, the pick 6 was kind of a fluke. It was a swing pass to the RB in the flat. The pass was a little high and the RB was slow to react and it bounced off his helmet up into the air and Wisconsin picked it off and returned it for TD.
But just the same, when it comes to the "pick six," Tanner has got "the magic"!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Saw the highlights definitely a bad play by the RB. He popped the ball up in the air. Lee actually had a good game. Nebraska defense was bad. Wisconsin had a freshman gain 250 yards rushing.
phpBB [video]
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

Sorry TPS, but your boy is a pick 6 ticket printer. I know you love him and we all wanted him to do well, but there is something missing on game day.
Ball Sumrall!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:To be fair, the pick 6 was kind of a fluke. It was a swing pass to the RB in the flat. The pass was a little high and the RB was slow to react and it bounced off his helmet up into the air and Wisconsin picked it off and returned it for TD.
Tanner has that "Magic Touch" and it is celebrated in song

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... ra1jov-k9N

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 2FS_LcbBtq
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Eaglewave wrote:Sorry TPS, but your boy is a pick 6 ticket printer. I know you love him and we all wanted him to do well, but there is something missing on game day.
Maybe so but the very next play he throws an 80 yard TD. I’m still believing in him. He’s had a bad luck college career so far but I still believe before it’s all over (NFL wise as well) many of us believers will be proven right.
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

80 yard pass was indeed a thing of beauty! Tanner back to No. 33 QB on espn this week with a RAT of 120 (10 INT hurts here) and 11 TD's.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

swampnik wrote:80 yard pass was indeed a thing of beauty! Tanner back to No. 33 QB on espn this week with a RAT of 120 (10 INT hurts here) and 11 TD's.
He's 84th in total QBR, Banks is #38.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

I just don;t understand how anyone can look at a 50% completion % and 1:1 INT/TD ratio and think NFL. I don;t care how tight a spiral he throws in practice. that being said, he seems like a good kid and has had some bad luck, I do wish him the best but just don't see what others see.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote:
swampnik wrote:80 yard pass was indeed a thing of beauty! Tanner back to No. 33 QB on espn this week with a RAT of 120 (10 INT hurts here) and 11 TD's.
He's 84th in total QBR, Banks is #38.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

I just don;t understand how anyone can look at a 50% completion % and 1:1 INT/TD ratio and think NFL. I don;t care how tight a spiral he throws in practice. that being said, he seems like a good kid and has had some bad luck, I do wish him the best but just don't see what others see.

Tanner was suppose to benefit from all of that high paid PEE Coaching, and 5 star recruited O lineman that the Huskers brag about !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenphantom
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Wave755 wrote:
Tanner has that "Magic Touch" and it is celebrated in song

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... ra1jov-k9N

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 2FS_LcbBtq
Huge KISS fan here and that song popped in my head as soon as I read Magic Touch
Eaglewave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:Sorry TPS, but your boy is a pick 6 ticket printer. I know you love him and we all wanted him to do well, but there is something missing on game day.
Maybe so but the very next play he throws an 80 yard TD. I’m still believing in him. He’s had a bad luck college career so far but I still believe before it’s all over (NFL wise as well) many of us believers will be proven right.
I jumped on the Tanner Lee bandwagon after meeting him in the spring of 2014, and watching him vs Tulsa that year. I really think that kid's bad luck started when we found a way to lose that damn game. He looked like a FBS quarterback in that game and wanted to win badly. After that game, CJ's luck ran out and Tanner started to lose something. I jumped off the bandwagon once those INT's started to rack up.

I still want to see him shine, but those picks are going to ruin him. Also, Nebraska is going to have to find ways to win 7 games this year. If they don't, a new coach will be there next year, and Tanner's job will be on the chopping block as well. The Husker folks are even talking about bringing in someone who can put together a good opiton style system. Tanner could run into what he ran into when Fritz arrived here.
Ball Sumrall!
Show Me
Tsunami

Tanner is a great example of a hyped up kid trying to achieve the hype. From what I’ve seen so far he’s stuck again on a bad team. Nebraska’s defense is bad and so is their OL. He’s no miracle worker. When he’s given time to throw he usually comes through. However he struggles when he doesn’t have time. His biggest weakness is that he can’t seem to feel the pressure in the pocket. Maybe this will come in time. He’s great on the quick three step drops. He’s bad when he holds it longer than 3 or 4 seconds looking around. I’m still holding out hope that he achieves his potential one day. He’s definitely built like an NFL QB if anything. He’ll be a Bubby Brister type, better NFL player than a college one.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
I jumped on the Tanner Lee bandwagon after meeting him in the spring of 2014, and watching him vs Tulsa that year. I really think that kid's bad luck started when we found a way to lose that damn game. He looked like a FBS quarterback in that game and wanted to win badly. After that game, CJ's luck ran out and Tanner started to lose something. I jumped off the bandwagon once those INT's started to rack up.

I still want to see him shine, but those picks are going to ruin him. Also, Nebraska is going to have to find ways to win 7 games this year. If they don't, a new coach will be there next year, and Tanner's job will be on the chopping block as well. The Husker folks are even talking about bringing in someone who can put together a good opiton style system. Tanner could run into what he ran into when Fritz arrived here.
7 wins will not save Mike Riley's job..on a positive note Oregon State is looking for a head coach !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

About to face Ohio St on National TV. Fox Sports 1
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave QB
Swell

I will be watching TPS! Good luck to Tanner and your prediction!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave QB wrote:I will be watching TPS! Good luck to Tanner and your prediction!
Thanks. I anxiously waiting. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just tossed a 78 yard TD pass. He’s looking ok but Nebraska defense is bad.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Just tossed a 78 yard TD pass. He’s looking ok but Nebraska defense is bad.
They were lossing 42-0. The reaction from the crowd after the score you would think they just tied the game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Another nice TD pass by Lee. 49-14.
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Ohio State 56, Nebraska 14.
Tanner gets a new coach for next year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:Final: Ohio State 56, Nebraska 14.
Tanner gets a new coach for next year.
I watched all of it. Nebraska defense is horrible. Tanner played well no INT’s and did well under pressure
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Tanners best game thus far and NOT against a FIU type of opponent. Good % of pass completions, No INT's and over 300 yards passing for the first time.
Looks like Nebraska brought in one of their receivers to spell Lee at QB that went 4 of 9. Anyone know what quarter and why the new kid came in?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

swampnik wrote:Tanners best game thus far and NOT against a FIU type of opponent. Good % of pass completions, No INT's and over 300 yards passing for the first time.
Looks like Nebraska brought in one of their receivers to spell Lee at QB that went 4 of 9. Anyone know what quarter and why the new kid came in?
About 4 mins left. I guess they didn’t want to risk Lee getting hurt. Funny thing was the QB wore #12 same number as Lee and he threw an INT on his last pass.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Lee played his best game yesterday against the best team he’s ever faced. Maybe he’s finally getting it.
Wave QB
Swell

Just hilarious TPS! Y'all are killing me! 56-14 was the final score in the game that I watched. A game that got out of hand early after Tanner and his offense were unable to sniff the endzone until the 3rd quarter. We both agree that the defense didn't play well, but Tanner didn't put up numbers until the game was already decided. Try again next week buddy.
Last edited by Wave QB on Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 am, edited 3 times in total.