Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
Eaglewave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:He's getting killed behind that Nebraska OL. May be worst than the OL he had at Tulane. Watching the film his first pick was film study, 2nd one he got blindsided and was hit while throwing and the last ended the game was a forced bad throw. On the bright side he ran for two TD's.
phpBB [video]
There is no bright side unless you are in denial. Tanner is tossing too many picks. The first and last picks were his fault. That line isn't great, but it is better than the one he had at Tulane. If he is special like some of us thought he was, then he will find a way to not throw so many picks. He has already tied his amount of INT's in his second year here in just 3 games with Nebraska! That's horrific. I am still rooting for this kid, but he is about to ruin his career if he doesn't pick it up.

Ball Sumrall!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

That first pick 6 was insane. Like the CB knew the play before it was called. Really hard to blame that on the QB the CB just gambled and jumped the route . . Nothing to lose in that part of the field.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:He's getting killed behind that Nebraska OL. May be worst than the OL he had at Tulane. Watching the film his first pick was film study, 2nd one he got blindsided and was hit while throwing and the last ended the game was a forced bad throw. On the bright side he ran for two TD's.
phpBB [video]
The film study is that Lee stares down receivers for too long.

I have family that are huge Nebraska fans and I have watched all of their games under Lee. He stinks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
The film study is that Lee stares down receivers for too long.

I have family that are huge Nebraska fans and I have watched all of their games under Lee. He stinks.
Yes. But on that particular play he took the snap turned and threw. Happened so fast he didn't even stare there. They scouted them well. He's running out of opportunities. They won't hesitate to pull him if this continues.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Lee was and is a turnover machine. I called him Pick Six Lee. It was easy to blame poor coaching and bad talent around him at Tulane, but it looks like the same old Pick Six Lee at Nebraska.
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Wave QB wrote:Mike Neu has special bond with this kid and has the passion to coach him up to be a good Qb. However, I believe that Lee is two or three years away from being ready to shine on a division I level. Instead of him wasting a year being a third string QB this season, (because he is not going to start over Powell or Montana), CJ needs to sit him out a year. From what I saw from his film and my own eyes, Lee has some good tools, but he needs to be redshirted. What I am loving about CJ is the fact that he is bringing in "all" solid QB's with raw talent and wheels. This is going to make instant QB battles every single season. I love it.
Lee is in summer school now and taking a full load, coming from Jesuit I don't see him being a 5 year student (he'll be done in less than 4 years). If he's good enough to play he's going to play. CJ doesn't believe in redshirting if a kid can contribute. We'll see what happens (Injuries and such).
It's kind of fun going back and reading some of these posts from 5 years ago.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

As for Lee’s future, LaMothe said, “If you’re looking for a pocket quarterback, a pro-style quarterback, he’s got the tools. He’s got all of the tangibles and the intangibles. He has a strong arm, probably the strongest arm of any kid I’ve coached (in 17 years). He has a great pocket presence. He can throw the deep out. He can throw every pass.”
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Do you believe this topic now has 76 pages; 89,339 views; and 1,881 replies; all for our "dud" former quarterback, Tanner Lee?! :P
swampnik
Surge

After 3 weeks, Lee is still sitting at No.30 QB ranking according to ESPN QB page statistics.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Aberzombie1892
Swell

He's #110 in total QBR according to espn.

http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr/_/page/3
RobertM320
Green Wave

Aberzombie1892 wrote:He's #110 in total QBR according to espn.

Not sure what the difference between qualified and unqualified is. It looks like it may be the total number of plays. Not sure. But in the qualified, he's #110 of 130. In the unqualified he's #130 of 173. Neither Brantley or Banks is listed in qualified, only in the unqualified list, but QBR is still calculated the same. By comparison to Tanner Lee, Brantley is #43 and Banks is #51, where Lee is #136.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

Aberzombie1892 wrote:He's #110 in total QBR according to espn.

That's even higher than the number of pages in this 5 year old thread :lol:

Fun Fact - Sader made the 1st post in the thread. Armageddon ensued after that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The latest. Tanner Lee past beatdowns:Tulane
https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebra ... ogical-one
"He always had something,” offered Eric Price, Lee’s old offensive coordinator with the Green Wave. Then he chuckled morbidly. “We didn’t protect him well, to say the least.” "He has been through some things where something bad happened, everyone’s looking at him, and they’re blaming him, the media and the fans,” said Price, now an offensive analyst with the Jacksonville Jaguars. “He had a lot of pressure on him and he was playing hurt a lot of the time and he was beat up. I remember thinking, ‘I don’t think he’s gonna go,’ and he’s going. He didn’t say anything about it — he just showed up. And he’s awesome in that way. And that experience was very valuable to him, especially early in his career.”
Tulane Class of 1981
chain gang x man
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
As for Lee’s future, LaMothe said, “If you’re looking for a pocket quarterback, a pro-style quarterback, he’s got the tools. He’s got all of the tangibles and the intangibles. He has a strong arm, probably the strongest arm of any kid I’ve coached (in 17 years). He has a great pocket presence. He can throw the deep out. He can throw every pass.”
Jamarcus Russell had a strong arm
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
:lol: yea but he got $32 million for it.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

chain gang x man wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Banks has a very strong arm. Making it a bit more accurate is a mission the coaches are taking on.

I'm sorry, but as much as I like Tanner, and hope he succeeds, I cannot believe someone that's watched him to date can make a comment that he "has a great pocket presence". He has a very live arm, shows leadership (bouncing back from bad plays, calming in the face of adversity, etc.) but I think his pocket presence is horrible. If it were better, he'd get the ball out before taking the sacks or hits that lead to bad throws, INT's, etc.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ajcalhoun
Swell

Wave755 wrote:Do you believe this topic now has 76 pages; 89,339 views; and 1,881 replies; all for our "dud" former quarterback, Tanner Lee?! :P
Imagine what it would be if jj hadn't bailed.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote:
Wave755 wrote:Do you believe this topic now has 76 pages; 89,339 views; and 1,881 replies; all for our "dud" former quarterback, Tanner Lee?! :P
Imagine what it would be if jj hadn't bailed.
LMAO! It (the # of pages in this thread) would be at least doubled. I miss JJ. Yes, oftentimes his posts would stir the pot and/or piss me (and a whole lot of others!) off. But he also made some very good points.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nebraska fires it’s AD. Pressure on to win over there. I wonder how LSU’s Alleva stays employed.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... asketball/
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

this subject get's more "hits" than the JFK - Oswald acted alone conspiracy
Last edited by golfnut69 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Nebraska fires it’s AD. Pressure on to win over there. I wonder how LSU’s Alleva stays employed.
Well, soon Lee will be able to confidently say that he got coaches fired at two different FBS programs. That's actually very difficult to do since the the 2nd coach would have to actually want the player after the player got the first coach fired.
Show Me
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Nebraska fires it’s AD. Pressure on to win over there. I wonder how LSU’s Alleva stays employed.
Well, soon Lee will be able to confidently say that he got coaches fired at two different FBS programs. That's actually very difficult to do since the the 2nd coach would have to actually want the player after the player got the first coach fired.
How about as a player 4 different AD’s in 4 years.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
How about as a player 4 different AD’s in 4 years.
++++++++
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DrBox
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:That first pick 6 was insane. Like the CB knew the play before it was called. Really hard to blame that on the QB the CB just gambled and jumped the route . . Nothing to lose in that part of the field.
See Tulane v Memphis 2014: first play of the game. Seems to be a pattern.
He stared down receivers at Tulane and still does - you could see he was still doing that when throwing for all of those yards in nebraska's spring game.
Nevertheless, when he has time to throw he has had several good games and he'll have some good games at Nebraska.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DrBox wrote:
tpstulane wrote:That first pick 6 was insane. Like the CB knew the play before it was called. Really hard to blame that on the QB the CB just gambled and jumped the route . . Nothing to lose in that part of the field.
See Tulane v Memphis 2014: first play of the game. Seems to be a pattern.
He stared down receivers at Tulane and still does - you could see he was still doing that when throwing for all of those yards in nebraska's spring game.
Nevertheless, when he has time to throw he has had several good games and he'll have some good games at Nebraska.
And the funny thing is, I'm sure every HC he's played for, going back to HS, tried to teach him to look off the defenders. We're not smarter football wise than the coaches he's had for the last 7-8 years. He has to learn, and quickly, or he won't make an NFL practice squad. If he does FINALLY learn, he'll be A draft pick and make himself a nice chunk of change. His arm will take him places ONLY if his mind can lead him there. Right now the mental part of his game isn't even on the CFL level, no less NFL.

And as easy as it is to bash Tanner, it's also easy to root for him. Always seemed to be a good kid from a good family. I hope he figures it out, and quickly.