Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Let's go argue about uniforms--which have more of an impact on Tulane's future than TL does.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote:Let's go argue about uniforms--which have more of an impact on Tulane's future than TL does.
And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we are now on to page 62! Amazing how this thread keeps getting bumped by people saying they want it to end. Me? IDGAF. It's off-season.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:Let's go argue about uniforms--which have more of an impact on Tulane's future than TL does.
And with that, ladies and gentlemen, we are now on to page 62! Amazing how this thread keeps getting bumped by people saying they want it to end. Me? IDGAF. It's off-season.
I don't think the thread needs to die anytime soon. In fact, I'm sure it will be alive for a long time as TL's career is tracked from afar as it should be. I do think the stupidity in the thread needs to end tho.
ExileWave
Surge

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
I don't think the thread needs to die anytime soon. In fact, I'm sure it will be alive for a long time as TL's career is tracked from afar as it should be. I do think the stupidity in the thread needs to end tho.
Why would anyone continue to track his career from afar? He left, he has nothing to do with Tulane any more. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ExileWave wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Why would anyone continue to track his career from afar? He left, he has nothing to do with Tulane any more. "Ain't nobody got time for that!"
We track relevant ex Tulane athletes all the time. There's been a thread started in the last 24 hours about Nixon and Doss. Why does this thread continue to bring about silly season?
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
sader24 wrote:I dont think he quit as much as he's clearly not a good fit for what Fritz is going to run. Is there anything ya'll won't bash him for.
Is there anything gotula members post about Tanner Lee that won't offend you besides "he has NFL potential"?
Nah it doesn't work that way. This thread is going to end up being about poster accountability, moreso than the player. You and a few other posters are going to the mat making fools of yourselves trying to push a narrative, and as it becomes obvious how absurdly wrong you are, you need to stop talking back to those who had it right all along.

Here's you, posting that Tanner Lee "needed to go JUCO to prove himself before moving up to Sun Belt or CUSA" when in reality that top "pro style" offenses in the country from the Big 10 and SEC are recruiting him actively. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4153&start=1450#p133852
There are some people who should stop posting in this thread, but it's not the people you think. Have some self awareness.
Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1
Wait a sec, how is it that two of the posters who are looking kinda foolish thinking I should stop posting to this thread? Please do tell.
Because 3 years ago before you had even seen Tanner Lee throw a single pass, you were predicting that he was a future 1st round pick, even going so far as hyping him as the next Tom Brady. People like myself who actually had seen him play in high school, predicted he was a project that would take some time to develop but could be a good college QB. So far, I've been exactly right although it's still up in the air as to whether he will develop into a good college QB.

As for your other comments, nothing you have predicted has been validated. We don't even know who has offered him a scholarship yet but even if he goes to LSU or Nebraska, that doesn't mean you were correct in saying he is a high NFL draft pick. There are plenty of bad QBs that have played for those schools. In fact, LSU took in a transfer who was going to be Purdue's 3rd string QB this season.

Again, let it die. You keep saying this a stupid thread but you keep contributing to it. If Tanner is drafted within the 1st 2 rounds of the 2017 or 2018 draft, I'll be glad to admit you were correct.
Wave QB
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Most of the stupidity has come from your post. If you don't like what you are reading about a kid that you pumped up to be a star at Tulane, then don't post.
Wave QB
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
sader24 wrote:I dont think he quit as much as he's clearly not a good fit for what Fritz is going to run. Is there anything ya'll won't bash him for.
Is there anything gotula members post about Tanner Lee that won't offend you besides "he has NFL potential"?
Nah it doesn't work that way. This thread is going to end up being about poster accountability, moreso than the player. You and a few other posters are going to the mat making fools of yourselves trying to push a narrative, and as it becomes obvious how absurdly wrong you are, you need to stop talking back to those who had it right all along.

Here's you, posting that Tanner Lee "needed to go JUCO to prove himself before moving up to Sun Belt or CUSA" when in reality that top "pro style" offenses in the country from the Big 10 and SEC are recruiting him actively. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4153&start=1450#p133852
There are some people who should stop posting in this thread, but it's not the people you think. Have some self awareness.
Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1
Wait a sec, how is it that two of the posters who are looking kinda foolish thinking I should stop posting to this thread? Please do tell.
Because 3 years ago before you had even seen Tanner Lee throw a single pass, you were predicting that he was a future 1st round pick, even going so far as hyping him as the next Tom Brady. People like myself who actually had seen him play in high school, predicted he was a project that would take some time to develop but could be a good college QB. So far, I've been exactly right although it's still up in the air as to whether he will develop into a good college QB.

As for your other comments, nothing you have predicted has been validated. We don't even know who has offered him a scholarship yet but even if he goes to LSU or Nebraska, that doesn't mean you were correct in saying he is a high NFL draft pick. There are plenty of bad QBs that have played for those schools. In fact, LSU took in a transfer who was going to be Purdue's 3rd string QB this season.

Again, let it die. You keep saying this a stupid thread but you keep contributing to it. If Tanner is drafted within the 1st 2 rounds of the 2017 or 2018 draft, I'll be glad to admit you were correct.

Agreed!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1

Oh I see. So if TL is a 3rd round pick, you were still correct when you thought he was the 2nd or 3rd best QB on the roster last season. :roll:

Also, I obviously made no predictions before watching someone throw a pass, further proof of how silly your take here is.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wave QB wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:
Most of the stupidity has come from your post. If you don't like what you are reading about a kid that you pumped up to be a star at Tulane, then don't post.
No dude. This just doesn't work that way. You have no credibility on this.
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1

Oh I see. So if TL is a 3rd round pick, you were still correct when you thought he was the 2nd or 3rd best QB on the roster last season. :roll:

Also, I obviously made no predictions before watching someone throw a pass, further proof of how silly your take here is.
I never said he was the 2nd or 3rd best QB we had. Go find a quote where I made that comment as I consistently posted that imo, he was the best we had. Doesn't make him a high NFL draft pick though. Jeez.

You should be glad I'm giving you a Mulligan if TL drops to Round 2 but if you want to include Round 3, I'm fine with that even though your message has been loud and clear that he is a future 1st round pick. BTW, the only LSU QBs drafted since Russell were Mettenberger 6th Rd and Flynn 7th. For Nebraska you have to go way back to 98 the last time they had a QB drafted at all.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1

I never said he was the 2nd or 3rd best QB we had. Go find a quote where I made that comment as I consistently posted that imo, he was the best we had. Doesn't make him a high NFL draft pick though. Jeez.

You should be glad I'm giving you a Mulligan if TL drops to Round 2 but if you want to include Round 3, I'm fine with that even though your message has been loud and clear that he is a future 1st round pick. BTW, the only LSU QBs drafted since Russell were Mettenberger 6th Rd and Flynn 7th. For Nebraska you have to go way back to 98 the last time they had a QB drafted at all.
I think most that like Lee said he'd be playing on Sunday's. I don't remember anyone saying a 1st round pick. If we are going by who is right well JJ was right because he said Lee wouldn't be around Tulane his SR year and that was dead on target.
greenphantom
Swell

Show Me wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1

I think most that like Lee said he'd be playing on Sunday's. I don't remember anyone saying a 1st round pick. If we are going by who is right well JJ was right because he said Lee wouldn't be around Tulane his SR year and that was dead on target.
LOL. I think he and a few others said he was going to be declaring for the 2016 draft by now. He definitely said 1st round and also how highly NFL scouts view him.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

QB coach who saw Tulane transfer Tanner Lee at a camp this summer said Lee has NFL ability. He's considering LSU, Nebraska, FCS as options.
Paul Myerberg, National College Football Writer for USA Today.
https://twitter.com/PaulMyerberg/status ... 4665443329
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
QB coach who saw Tulane transfer Tanner Lee at a camp this summer said Lee has NFL ability. He's considering LSU, Nebraska, FCS as options.
Kind of vague. An anonymous QB coach saying someone has NFL ability could just mean late round pick or undrafted F.A. Plus he saw him at a camp. Not live action. As I posted earlier, CBS Sports currently has him as #20 ranked QB in 2018 class. Obviously that could change upwards or downwards in the next couple years but that's probably a pretty good indicator where NFL scouts view him at the moment.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Kind of vague. An anonymous QB coach saying someone has NFL ability could just mean late round pick or undrafted F.A. Plus he saw him at a camp. Not live action. As I posted earlier, CBS Sports currently has him as #20 ranked QB in 2018 class. Obviously that could change upwards or downwards in the next couple years but that's probably a pretty good indicator where NFL scouts view him at the moment.
dance, monkey, dance.
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
dance, monkey, dance.

Whatever that means. Have a great weekend
puffy
Surge

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Good for him!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

For those who won't bother to click the links.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 12m12 minutes ago
Former #Tulane starting QB Tanner Lee tells @FoxSports that he will transfer to #Nebraska.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ccap05
Surge

Best of luck to Tanner Lee. I appreciate the time you put in at Tulane and hope you appreciate your time here as well. Hopefully he finds a program that suits his needs and he excesl there and wherever he goes after University. TL did his best at Tulane and left on good terms- why anyone would want to continue with any negativity towards this young man on this board is beyond my understanding. It is time to focus on the future and put this thread to bed. Roll Wave.
OGSB
Swell

Best wishes to TL. Glad you committed to Tulane, sorry Curtis Johnson was our coach when you did.
Livin' rent free
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

OGSB wrote:Best wishes to TL. Glad you committed to Tulane, sorry Curtis Johnson was our coach when you did.
Agreed. Time to wish him the best and move on!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
nawlinspete
Riptide

Congratulations on Nebraska. Make Tulane proud as you show us and the world how bad Cj, Dickson and the Prices are.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wait. What? What is it about this thread that continues to make people lose all perspective?

You aren't new around here, so you know well that threads do not get "closed" on this forum. Further, there are threads about ex players all the time. If you don't want to read or contribute, don't. It seems pretty simple.

As for the content of this thread, we have probably 30 pages of posters insisting that TL should be benched for the likes of Devin Powell. I happen to believe that Lee will have a legitimate professional career, and if and when such developments warrant, discussion of the "opportunity missed at Tulane" will certainly be relevant to this thread and forum. Or the opposite scenario would be appropriate and relevant for discussion.

In the meantime, good luck to the young man who has to date represented Tulane very well.