Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

"a pro-style talent with average at best mobility"

Hey, Sportsnola's words, not mine.

Ah yes. In a time when Rolling Stone and the NYT have been reduced to tabloids, by all means let's take SportsNOLA writing as pretty much gospel.
I don't care. Just give me a qb that can sit in the pocket and actually complete a f**king pass and I'll be happy. It is going to so sweet to watch Tanner in the purple and gold hold up college footbal playoffs national championship trophy or as the players like to call it the golden pocket p*** after LSU wins the national championship in 2017.

greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
ajcalhoun wrote:"a pro-style talent with average at best mobility"

Hey, Sportsnola's words, not mine.
Ah yes. In a time when Rolling Stone and the NYT have been reduced to tabloids, by all means let's take SportsNOLA writing as pretty much gospel.
Not just Sportsnola. That would be the opinion by most, including Willie Fritz who obviously didn't think he has the mobility for his offense. I'm sad to see TL go to LSU as I doubt he'll ever see the field. He needs playing time and I don't think it's worth giving up another year of eligibility.
LSU-MD
Low Tide

Not just Sportsnola. That would be the opinion by most, including Willie Fritz who obviously didn't think he has the mobility for his offense. I'm sad to see TL go to LSU as I doubt he'll ever see the field. He needs playing time and I don't think it's worth giving up another year of eligibility.
According to the "experts" on the LSU recruiting boards, he is applying for a medical redshirt, and he would have 2 years of eligibility after he sits out next year. As far as seeing the field goes, Lee fits Les and Cam's scheme way better than Harris so Lee could beat out Harris in 2017 if Harris has another typical LSU QB year :wallbash: :explode: :cens_red: but if Harris develops to his potential Lee will have to wait until 2018 (if he gets his medical redshirt) and then would have to compete against Etling, McMillan, and Russo/Haskins. IDK why he wants to come to LSU, if I was him I would transfer to LaTech, ULM, ULL, or another G5 school that has less competition, but if he signs with LSU I'll take him.

Who does Tulane have at qb now?
anEngineer
Riptide

Tanner Lee can apply for all the medical red shirts he wants. That doesn't mean he's going to get it. Lots of players miss 5 games over 2 years and that is not what the medical red shirt rule is for. Lee signed on to play for Neu. Neu quickly left. It happens every year in every sport to college athletes. Lee has ability but it's not incredible ability. He needs to play somewhere soon and needs to get a useful degree.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote:Tanner Lee can apply for all the medical red shirts he wants. That doesn't mean he's going to get it. Lots of players miss 5 games over 2 years and that is not what the medical red shirt rule is for. Lee signed on to play for Neu. Neu quickly left. It happens every year in every sport to college athletes. Lee has ability but it's not incredible ability. He needs to play somewhere soon and needs to get a useful degree.
He is seeking a waiver not a medical redshirt.

http://blogs.theadvocate.com/tigertrack ... s-weekend/
greenphantom
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
anEngineer wrote:Tanner Lee can apply for all the medical red shirts he wants. That doesn't mean he's going to get it. Lots of players miss 5 games over 2 years and that is not what the medical red shirt rule is for. Lee signed on to play for Neu. Neu quickly left. It happens every year in every sport to college athletes. Lee has ability but it's not incredible ability. He needs to play somewhere soon and needs to get a useful degree.
He is seeking a waiver not a medical redshirt.

http://blogs.theadvocate.com/tigertrack ... s-weekend/
Waiver due to medical reasons. I don't see that happening. He played in too many games. Usually the NCAA restricts that to someone who misses something like >75% of the season due to injury.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I don't see him getting the waiver either but still, I wish him the best.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He's had multiple concussions. I don't believe the NCAA would want a concussion lawsuit. I believe because of that his chances are better than most. He's really had some bad luck so far with coaching and injuries. It's a long shot but if he has the right rep he could get it IMO.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

http://www.athletics.vt.edu/compliance/ ... asons.html
Guidelines for Medical Hardship Waiver Requests
For a student-athlete to receive a Medical Hardship Waiver per Bylaw 14.2.4, the following four conditions must be met:

The student-athlete may not have participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent of the team's completed contests/dates of competition.
The injury or illness must occur prior to the completion of the first half of the season.
The injury or illness does not have to occur during practice/competition, but it must be incapacitating.
Appropriate medical documentation must exist and be provided.

All percentages are calculated according to contests or dates of competition, depending on how your sport's competitive opportunities are counted. Only contests or dates of competition occurring during the championship (traditional) season are included in the calculations. Conference championships/tournaments are counted as one contest or date of competition, regardless of the actual contest/dates used.

If the percentage calculation for the 20-percent rule results in a decimal -- any decimal -- the whole number preceding it is always rounded up. For example, if the softball team competes in 56 games, 20 percent of 56 is 11.2. Due to the "rounding-up," a softball team member who competed in 12 games does qualify for a medical hardship waiver.

To meet the first-half-of-the-season requirement, all competition must cease prior to the start of the contest or date of competition that begins the second half of the season. For example, a soccer player competing in the 10th game of a 19-game season does not qualify for a medical hardship waiver. Also, a student-athlete who is injured in the first half of the season, then attempts to play in the second half and aggravates the original injury, does not qualify for a medical hardship waiver.
If this is the waiver Lee is seeking, then I'm not sure he meets these conditions.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tanner's taking an on campus visit to Nebraska this weekend.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Tanner's taking an on campus visit to Nebraska this weekend.
I just hope he does not go to LSU. Would be hard to pull for him
Eaglewave
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
I wanted to see him man up and battle it out with our other QB's for the starting role. I also wanted to see how well he would do with a better coaching staff and new scheme. However, Lee quit. He left Tulane to play for another program. I will be hard for me to pull for him at all.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

LSU-MD wrote:
According to the "experts" on the LSU recruiting boards, he is applying for a medical redshirt, and he would have 2 years of eligibility after he sits out next year. As far as seeing the field goes, Lee fits Les and Cam's scheme way better than Harris so Lee could beat out Harris in 2017 if Harris has another typical LSU QB year :wallbash: :explode: :cens_red: but if Harris develops to his potential Lee will have to wait until 2018 (if he gets his medical redshirt) and then would have to compete against Etling, McMillan, and Russo/Haskins. IDK why he wants to come to LSU, if I was him I would transfer to LaTech, ULM, ULL, or another G5 school that has less competition, but if he signs with LSU I'll take him.

Who does Tulane have at qb now?
I don't think there's much chance at all of him getting a medical red shirt. He played WAY too much. Why didn't "Les and Cam" recruit him out of high school? Will "Les and Cam" be coaching at LSU when Tanner is eligible to play in 2017, or will Les finally get canned after the Tigers pull their annual late season fold the tents routine?

With all the WR talent LSU has had, they sure haven't had any great air attacks under Miles. Wonder why?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave QB
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
I wanted to see him man up and battle it out with our other QB's for the starting role. I also wanted to see how well he would do with a better coaching staff and new scheme. However, Lee quit. He left Tulane to play for another program. I will be hard for me to pull for him at all.
Tanner made the right decision on leaving.
sader24
Tsunami

I dont think he quit as much as he's clearly not a good fit for what Fritz is going to run. Is there anything ya'll won't bash him for.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote:I dont think he quit as much as he's clearly not a good fit for what Fritz is going to run. Is there anything ya'll won't bash him for.
I do no think he was responsible for ...Chryslers Bankruptcy....the Ford Pinto...the YUGO....the Chevy Vega.....Conroy's hiring.....the movie ISHTAR.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell

sader24 wrote:I dont think he quit as much as he's clearly not a good fit for what Fritz is going to run. Is there anything ya'll won't bash him for.
Is there anything gotula members post about Tanner Lee that won't offend you besides "he has NFL potential"?
RobertM320
Green Wave

I've never really checked in one way or the other regarding TL, but I don't think he quit either. He's a smart kid. He knows that any chance he has to play at the next level is going to require him showcasing himself better than he has the past two years. Fritz' offense wouldn't maximize his potential and he knows that. Maybe it doesn't matter because its too late already, or maybe he never had the potential in the first place. I really don't care at this point.

What I do know is, SIXTY-ONE F'n pages on a player who's not even here anymore. Over 1500 posts. Can we PLEASE move on?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:I've never really checked in one way or the other regarding TL, but I don't think he quit either. He's a smart kid. He knows that any chance he has to play at the next level is going to require him showcasing himself better than he has the past two years. Fritz' offense wouldn't maximize his potential and he knows that. Maybe it doesn't matter because its too late already, or maybe he never had the potential in the first place. I really don't care at this point.

What I do know is, SIXTY-ONE F'n pages on a player who's not even here anymore. Over 1500 posts. Can we PLEASE move on?
+1
Tanner was on Fox 8's The Final Play show last night. He said it's no different now than when he was original being recruited out of HS. He's looking for an offense that can fit his talent the best. NOLA Recruiting analyst James Smith was also on. He thought LSU would be a perfect fit for Lee's skill set. Tanner also made mention that he's working on getting a 6th year hardship appeal together and LSU plans on helping him if he enrolls there.
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:I've never really checked in one way or the other regarding TL, but I don't think he quit either. He's a smart kid. He knows that any chance he has to play at the next level is going to require him showcasing himself better than he has the past two years. Fritz' offense wouldn't maximize his potential and he knows that. Maybe it doesn't matter because its too late already, or maybe he never had the potential in the first place. I really don't care at this point.

+1
Tanner was on Fox 8's The Final Play show last night. He said it's no different now than when he was original being recruited out of HS. He's looking for an offense that can fit his talent the best. NOLA Recruiting analyst James Smith was also on. He thought LSU would be a perfect fit for Lee's skill set. Tanner also made mention that he's working on getting a 6th year hardship appeal together and LSU plans on helping him if he enrolls there.
As "Mr. Wonderful" likes to say on Shark Tank: "Good luck, Tanner Lee. But you are dead to me. Goodbye". Time to kill this thread.
sader24
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote:
Is there anything gotula members post about Tanner Lee that won't offend you besides "he has NFL potential"?
I'm not the one continuously posting about a guy who doesn't play here anymore. I'm not offended I just think some of you are clearly obsessed for whatever reason. You all say the offense will be a terrible fit for him, he clearly saw it the same way so he transfers and then the same ppl who said that come back and call him a quitter. Let it go already.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wave QB wrote:
Nah it doesn't work that way. This thread is going to end up being about poster accountability, moreso than the player. You and a few other posters are going to the mat making fools of yourselves trying to push a narrative, and as it becomes obvious how absurdly wrong you are, you need to stop talking back to those who had it right all along.

Here's you, posting that Tanner Lee "needed to go JUCO to prove himself before moving up to Sun Belt or CUSA" when in reality that top "pro style" offenses in the country from the Big 10 and SEC are recruiting him actively. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4153&start=1450#p133852
There are some people who should stop posting in this thread, but it's not the people you think. Have some self awareness.
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Nah it doesn't work that way. This thread is going to end up being about poster accountability, moreso than the player. You and a few other posters are going to the mat making fools of yourselves trying to push a narrative, and as it becomes obvious how absurdly wrong you are, you need to stop talking back to those who had it right all along.

Here's you, posting that Tanner Lee "needed to go JUCO to prove himself before moving up to Sun Belt or CUSA" when in reality that top "pro style" offenses in the country from the Big 10 and SEC are recruiting him actively. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4153&start=1450#p133852
There are some people who should stop posting in this thread, but it's not the people you think. Have some self awareness.
Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
Eaglewave
Swell

greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1
Ball Sumrall!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:

Hello Pot, Meet Kettle.
+1
Wait a sec, how is it that two of the posters who are looking kinda foolish thinking I should stop posting to this thread? Please do tell.