Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I have no idea what is going to happen with Tulane's QB position. But I'm convinced that this thread will outlive Tanner's remaining career at Tulane--whether that is 2 more weeks, or 2 more years.

Tulane is the University of Louisiana
ExileWave
Surge

HoustonWave wrote:I have no idea what is going to happen with Tulane's QB position. But I'm convinced that this thread will outlive Tanner's remaining career at Tulane--whether that is 2 more weeks, or 2 more years.
+1......It will work itself out over the next 3-4 months....either he will be the QB or he will not.When does baseball start? :mrgreen:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Eaglewave wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:It is a new coaching staff. Every position should be up open for competition. No one should be granted to be a starter because the last losing regime appointed them starters. There are several positions that I think are a lock. QB is not one of them though. We will have a new offense and we have succeeded at being one of the worst offenses over the last 3 years span. TL was the QB for 2 years. He deserves as fair a shot as any QB on the roster. We can blame the reasons for the offensive sputters the last few years, but none of that matters now. TL, DP, GC all deserve a fair shot. If one was under coached, then they all were. Some may want TL to be given the job and some may want TL to ride the pine. In the end, the best QB for our team needs to be out there. At this moment, for the Willie Fritz Tulane Offense, we do not know who that QB is. He may not even be on the roster. Let them compete and let the best QB reveal himself for this offense. This will be an exciting spring and fall camp.

I agree with this. I am looking forward to another QB battle. I think Devin Powell will be a bit more spirited knowing that he will get a second chance to prove himself. If WF is going to us in the gun next season, then Powell is going to be more comfortable with the playbook and will be able to showcase what he did in high school. I really hope he gets his _ss in the weight room and sheds a few pounds because last season, he looked fat and slower than he was in 2013. If Powell doesn't transfer to a FCS school, I hope he understands that this is his last shot.
Yes, reminiscent of where this thread went off the rails. Eaglewave I can assure you that Devin Powell will never play another meaningful down of D1A football.
Wave755
Tsunami

In the spring may the best player win for our quarterback position - END OF THREAD. :megagrin:
ajcalhoun
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:
TXWave88 wrote:It is a new coaching staff. Every position should be up open for competition. No one should be granted to be a starter because the last losing regime appointed them starters. There are several positions that I think are a lock. QB is not one of them though. We will have a new offense and we have succeeded at being one of the worst offenses over the last 3 years span. TL was the QB for 2 years. He deserves as fair a shot as any QB on the roster. We can blame the reasons for the offensive sputters the last few years, but none of that matters now. TL, DP, GC all deserve a fair shot. If one was under coached, then they all were. Some may want TL to be given the job and some may want TL to ride the pine. In the end, the best QB for our team needs to be out there. At this moment, for the Willie Fritz Tulane Offense, we do not know who that QB is. He may not even be on the roster. Let them compete and let the best QB reveal himself for this offense. This will be an exciting spring and fall camp.

I agree with this. I am looking forward to another QB battle. I think Devin Powell will be a bit more spirited knowing that he will get a second chance to prove himself. If WF is going to us in the gun next season, then Powell is going to be more comfortable with the playbook and will be able to showcase what he did in high school. I really hope he gets his _ss in the weight room and sheds a few pounds because last season, he looked fat and slower than he was in 2013. If Powell doesn't transfer to a FCS school, I hope he understands that this is his last shot.
Yes, reminiscent of where this thread went off the rails. Eaglewave I can assure you that Devin Powell will never play another meaningful down of D1A football.
Once in a blue moon I agree with jj. As bad as I think Tanner Lee is, I think Devin Powell is worse.
God Bless Everyone!
Eaglewave
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

LOL. We shall see JJ. I know you love Lee and really hate Powell for some strange reason, but think Powell brings more to the table out of the shotgun. He runs the ball better and stronger than Lee, and has a very strong arm. As Tps and Wave QB already know, I was pro Powell until I saw Lee at two practices before the 2014 season. I changed my mind after watching Lee's touch on the ball and felt that Lee would be better for the offense. I loved what I saw from Lee in the Tulsa game, but the kid feel off and started playing like crap as we all know. Lee's confidence is shot and I am not sure we will ever see the kid who was on a mission to destroy Tulsa in 2014. Don't sleep on that kid.
Ball Sumrall!
TXWave88
Surge

I give them all a fair chance. CJ and EP have no clue how to coach a college QB. One may have looked better, but I would be very happy to see any of these players have success. This is a year though that the Sr QB could have a year to start only 1 year. Fritz has to replenish the QB spot as we do not have any depth or real proven quality in general at the position.

Let's win some ball games and not worry about the NAME of our QB at this moment. Let the starter make a name for himself. Anything that happened in the past is erased because the Price brothers are some of the worst offensive coaches I have ever seen. Clean slate. Hopefully these players can flourish and have fun. Offense has been more of a torture for the fans and players the last 3 years.
greenphantom
Swell

Take it for what it's worth but I ran into a former player who said they are looking to bring in a JC or grad transfer. He also said its not a done deal but TL will likely transfer. More than just a rumor.
sader24
Tsunami

Until someone has something solid on Lee transferring, can we just wait till Spring to see how the QB thing starts playing out?? I mean we have 52 pages of non stop bickering and none of it means anything. Nobody here knows how good any of the QB's would/will be with actual coaching. We really can't judge anyone's performance at this point, b/c all of the QB's were essentially sent out there to get killed with no Line, and horrendous coaching and playcalling. How long are some of you going to continue to ram your heads into each other for no reason. We'll find out when we find out or we'll get to see how it looks in the Spring/Fall practice. Is there anything else to discuss?
wave97
Swell

Watching the TAMU/Louisville game. We need a dual threat QB ASAP! The A&M QB has no mobility and they're suffering.
What's going on with TAMU? Sumlin looks like he's lost the team.
RobertM320
Green Wave

wave97 wrote:Watching the TAMU/Louisville game. We need a dual threat QB ASAP! The A&M QB has no mobility and they're suffering.
Remember, both of their QB's have transferred out and are not at the game. They're playing a third string QB that hasn't played all year. I think he's a freshman.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
ExileWave
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
wave97 wrote:Watching the TAMU/Louisville game. We need a dual threat QB ASAP! The A&M QB has no mobility and they're suffering.
Remember, both of their QB's have transferred out and are not at the game. They're playing a third string QB that hasn't played all year. I think he's a freshman.

He was at a JC last year and was a freshman at OK ST I believe. So he is second or 3rd year but has never started until tonight.

One QB Murray is transferring to Oklahoma, and Allen may go to UH. Both were 5 star recruits, Murray was the #1 dual threat QB. Sumlin is in trouble if he loses tonight. Aggies are not happy.
wave97
Swell

Petrino may be a first class ass, but the man sure can coach.
A&M is done.
wave97
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Exactly, how the F do you lose two five star dual threat QB's in one season? What is, or is not going on within that program. They're gig'n themselves :thumbup:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ExileWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

He was at a JC last year and was a freshman at OK ST I believe. So he is second or 3rd year but has never started until tonight.

One QB Murray is transferring to Oklahoma, and Allen may go to UH. Both were 5 star recruits, Murray was the #1 dual threat QB. Sumlin is in trouble if he loses tonight. Aggies are not happy.
He tore his ACL his senior year of HS. He then walked-on at Oklahoma State. He transferred to Blinn JC and then ended up at T A&M.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

He tore his ACL his senior year of HS. He then walked-on at Oklahoma State. He transferred to Blinn JC and then ended up at T A&M.
Who cares? He stinks.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Who cares? He stinks.
The Kid played his HS ball here in Georgetown... he tore his ACL and walked on at OK State.... He had not played a down of football in over a year until tonite, all things considered he did not play that poorly, he got zero help form the running game and the L'Ville D just came at the QB.... The Tx Tech QB may enroll at A/M for the spring semester
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

wave97 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Who cares? He stinks.
No shit. He's a former walk-on. You asked about him and there's your answer.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

winwave wrote:
wave97 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Who cares? He stinks.
No sh*t. He's a former walk-on. You asked about him and there's your answer.
You've completely missed my point. What could possibly be going on within that program to end up with a "Tanneresque" performance from an ill prepared former walk on?
They seem to be doing a good job of either repulsing 5 star QB talent or a horrible job at 5 star QB talent evaluation.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tanner would have made that offense hum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Tanner would have made that offense hum.
+1
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Of course, he would have had a strong pocket presence, he wouldn't have stared down receivers and he would have presented a lethal running threat.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad you've seen the light.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:
wave97 wrote:
winwave wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Who cares? He stinks.
No sh*t. He's a former walk-on. You asked about him and there's your answer.
There was another QB from a High School just down the road, That Georgetown plays, he was a walk on also...some kid named Baker Mayfield, I think he may play a few downs for Oklahoma
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave QB
Swell

Not with the awareness he has displayed in two years of starting.