Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:Without belaboring the reasons, if he goes to Michigan, Stanford or any school of a similar caliber, he'll likely watch all the games from the sideline.
If not the stands, or on TV in his dorm room.
:lol: unless it's Samford in Birmingham, AL

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:Without belaboring the reasons, if he goes to Michigan, Stanford or any school of a similar caliber, he'll likely watch all the games from the sideline.
Someone earlier wrote "Stamford" is more likely than Stanford. I think they meant Samford. I live in Stamford, (CT) and I'm sure he's ineligible for the only teams that play here.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Someone earlier wrote "Stamford" is more likely than Stanford. I think they meant Samford. I live in Stamford, (CT) and I'm sure he's ineligible for the only teams that play here.
That was me. I had CT on the mind. Maybe he could go to CCSU, Fairfield or Sacred Heart
Jonathan
Riptide

I hope he goes. Big disappointment. Zero speed mobility out of the pocket and loves to throw those interceptions that cost us big time.
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Fourcade talking about his nephew, LSU and then he goes into Tulane talk at 1:21:25
Says Fritz offense won't work at Tulane. He doesn't see Tulane winning with that style of offense in the AAC. He says that works in the Sunbelt. Outside of Navy he said you need to throw the ball to win in the AAC. At the 1:24:00 he speaks of Tanner Lee leaving. Said he got it from good sources. But having listened it just sounds like sports talk to me. I doubt it's true.
Here's the link judge for yourself:
http://wgso.com/redzone-saints-27-lions-35/

http://wgso.com/?powerpress_pinw=60832-podcast

Note: The WGSO server was recently down. So the link may not work until their server comes back online.
Not that I think we're adopting the flexbone, but...

the 'outside of Navy' comment cracks me up. Like, outside the team that just went 7-1 in the conference, you can't succeed running the option in the AAC. Ok. Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I trust WF will adjust to the talent but I just don't see him utilization a QB with almost no threat to run effectively. He has always had a mobile QB TMK.

I like Lee but no way he contributes to a B10 or P12 school.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:I trust WF will adjust to the talent but I just don't see him utilization a QB with almost no threat to run effectively. He has always had a mobile QB TMK.

First off for the umpteenth time Lee is not immobile. The offensive line was much worse this year. People assumed they would improve just b/c several were coming back but they absolutely got worse. Put the blame in the right spot. WF has had QB's similar to Lee at SHSU which is the offense we will run. He has said he doesn't need a very mobile QB. Just one that can run for 5-6 yards. Lee has done that . He has picked up 3rd and 9's and 10's by taking off. He's white and tall but he's not immobile.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
JTLiuzza
Swell

winwave wrote:He's white and tall but he's not immobile.
:roll:
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JTLiuzza wrote:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:I trust WF will adjust to the talent but I just don't see him utilization a QB with almost no threat to run effectively. He has always had a mobile QB TMK.

First off for the umpteenth time Lee is not immobile. The offensive line was much worse this year. People assumed they would improve just b/c several were coming back but they absolutely got worse. Put the blame in the right spot. WF has had QB's similar to Lee at SHSU which is the offense we will run. He has said he doesn't need a very mobile QB. Just one that can run for 5-6 yards. Lee has done that . He has picked up 3rd and 9's and 10's by taking off. He's white and tall but he's not immobile.
I don't think he is immoble but that doesn't mean he can effectively operate the read option. I looked it up, WF's QB's have run for a min of 400 yds. I guess u believe Lee is capable of that sort of yardage.....
JTLiuzza
Swell

winwave wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Excellent retort. Keep perpetuating those stereotypes, win. At least the ones that are politically acceptable in a nation of pc hypocrites.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
greenphantom
Swell

JTLiuzza wrote:
Tanner is one of the most immobile QBs in FBS. If u don't see that, you must be under the same love spell as JJ. Must be pheromones or something.

I still think TL will do well in WF's system even if it's not a perfect fit. Hope he stays at least next year.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Tanner is one of the most immobile QBs in FBS. If u don't see that, you must be under the same love spell as JJ. Must be pheromones or something.

I still think TL will do well in WF's system even if it's not a perfect fit. Hope he stays at least next year.
Curtis told him never run. Never run. If the play wasn't there he was told explicitly to throw it away. That's what that kid was taught and that's what he did. As winwave has stated he is NOT immobile.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

I don't think he is immoble but that doesn't mean he can effectively operate the read option. I looked it up, WF's QB's have run for a min of 400 yds. I guess u believe Lee is capable of that sort of yardage.....
The insanity of this thread continues. 400 yards / 12 games = 33.33 yds/game.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Yep.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Per game is totally misleading, but way to take the min and spin it. I would also like to see TL for at least another year.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JTLiuzza wrote:
winwave wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:
Excellent retort. Keep perpetuating those stereotypes, win. At least the ones that are politically acceptable in a nation of pc hypocrites.
You and I agree on most things. I even took up for you after your recent post that brought a lot of rebuke your way. We obviously disagree here. I was simply pointing out that many are just saying what they are saying based on his being white and tall. There's no other basis to say it. The kid has slid up in the pocket when there's been one. He has taken off and picked up long 3rd downs. He's tough as nails. Has played through concussions and broken fingers on his throwing hand. It's just a damn shame that people want to attack him and say he was the problem. He had piss poor coaching. He had the worst O-Line in the country. No WR's. A staff that didn't know how to utilize our RB's. But yes it was all Tannner's fault.

Merry Christmas.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Wrong. You are wasting your time watching football.

Merry Christmas.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Merry Christmas.
If you consider TL mobile, I would love to know who you would consider immobile. You May want to schedule an eye exam after the holidays.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
winwave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Merry Christmas.
If you consider TL mobile, I would love to know who you would consider immobile. You May want to schedule an eye exam after the holidays.
I'd consider Patrick Ramsey immobile.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
winwave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Merry Christmas.
I would agree but Ramsey finished his career with negative 128 yards rushing. Even had positive 55 yards his junior year. Tanner is currently at negative 287.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
winwave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Merry Christmas.
I would agree but Ramsey finished his career with negative 128 yards rushing. Even had positive 55 yards his junior year. Tanner is currently at negative 287.
I think Ramsey may have had a better line and back then we didn't run a true pro-set like we did under CJ. Either way if the two were in a foot race Lee would win easily. Lee has enough mobility to run a read spread attack. Are their better spread suited QB's yes. But until they are on campus it won't matter.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
winwave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Merry Christmas.
I think Ramsey may have had a better line and back then we didn't run a true pro-set like we did under CJ. Either way if the two were in a foot race Lee would win easily. Lee has enough mobility to run a read spread attack. Are their better spread suited QB's yes. But until they are on campus it won't matter.
Maybe slightly better line but he also had about 100 more pass attempts than TL each season which means he had a lot more opportunity to be sacked. Comparing TL and Ramsey in a foot race is like comparing Scelfo to Toledo in a Biggest Loser weight loss competition. Is there really a clear cut favorite? I think Tanner Lee would struggle to beat the General Lee statue in a foot race.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
winwave wrote:

Per game is totally misleading, but way to take the min and spin it. I would also like to see TL for at least another year.
Lol. That's amazing how I provided a single, in-context fact and you're claiming that it's "spin".
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
winwave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
JTLiuzza wrote:

Merry Christmas.

Ramsey and Griffin.