Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Lee had multiple concussions this season and he missed numerous games because of it including his last game. I promise you if he wanted to sit out next year he would be granted a medical red shirt because of multiple concussions. No way in hell could the NCAA force him to play if his doctor thought he'd be better off sitting out a year.
he would still lose a year of eligibility due to transfer rules. He played in too many games this year to be eligible for a 6th year.
Since he's only used up 2 years of eligibility as an undergrad, I believe he'd still have one year left as a undergrad student and one as a grad student. He ended last year injured on a concussion. If he's not cleared he could sit out and get a medical redshirt next year. In the past the NCAA has given six years to play 4. With all of Lee's concussions I have no doubt he'd get a medical redshirt for 2016 if he applied and then have one more year left as a graduate student.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
exflash
High Tide

Heard he is going to UL and Haack is going to Tulane---No futures involved---lol---but Haack is also leaving UL I guess they want to pass and not run!!!
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Lee had multiple concussions this season and he missed numerous games because of it including his last game. I promise you if he wanted to sit out next year he would be granted a medical red shirt because of multiple concussions. No way in hell could the NCAA force him to play if his doctor thought he'd be better off sitting out a year.
he would still lose a year of eligibility due to transfer rules. He played in too many games this year to be eligible for a 6th year.
Since he's only used up 2 years of eligibility as an undergrad, I believe he'd still have one year left as a undergrad student and one as a grad student. He ended last year injured on a concussion. If he's not cleared he could sit out and get a medical redshirt next year. In the past the NCAA has given six years to play 4. With all of Lee's concussions I have no doubt he'd get a medical redshirt for 2016 if he applied and then have one more year left as a graduate student.
That's not how it works. Otherwise it would be a huge loophole that all the schools would exploit to save that year of eligibility. If he transfers to an FBS school, he will sit no matter his current health condition and lose a year. I think what you are suggesting could potentially work if he stayed at Tulane but keep in mind that he would not be able to practice at all with the team for a year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
That's not how it works. Otherwise it would be a huge loophole that all the schools would exploit to save that year of eligibility. If he transfers to an FBS school, he will sit no matter his current health condition and lose a year. I think what you are suggesting could potentially work if he stayed at Tulane but keep in mind that he would not be able to practice at all with the team for a year.
It's no loophole. He'd have to petition for it meaning the NCAA could refuse. He'd have to sit out a year for sure but I'm not convinced that he would lose a year of eligibility since he was redshirted as a freshman. I know for sure he could do this at Tulane but If he could get a medical redshirt which is used quite often that could take care of sitting out one year should he transfer to an FBS.
I'm not sure if it's been done however but it wouldn't preclude it from potentially happening.
He may also be close to getting his degree which would allow him to play immediately as a post grad at any school without sitting out. But I don't know his academic status.
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

jonathanjoseph wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:Hearing talk at basketball game he maybe going to Stanford or Michigan.
With the "crowd" at tonight's basketball game, that conversation might have been across the court! :?

While either institution would be great for Tanner, I find it tough to believe that either coaching staff would take Tanner for one year. I'm pretty sure there's no "coaches waiver" to be granted by Fritz, he didn't lose enough of any season to injury to get a medical redshirt, and next year will be his fourth in college. He's got two years of eligibility now. If he stays and graduates with his class (or better yet, in December) he could enroll and play immediately for one year, like Davenport did coming to Tulane. If he leaves, he'll leave another season on the bench, sitting out as a transfer, unless he goes down to FCS or lower.
+1. I especially don't see him going to Stanford. He just took out a restraining order against JJ and that would be way too close proximity.
It's bizarre that you continue pursuing this thread with no regard to the content itself, but sarcastically targeting a few posters whose opinion you disagree with. Grow up.
Just busting your balls. You guys deserve that a little
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fourcade talking about his nephew, LSU and then he goes into Tulane talk at 1:21:25
Says Fritz offense won't work at Tulane. He doesn't see Tulane winning with that style of offense in the AAC. He says that works in the Sunbelt. Outside of Navy he said you need to throw the ball to win in the AAC. At the 1:24:00 he speaks of Tanner Lee leaving. Said he got it from good sources. But having listened it just sounds like sports talk to me. I doubt it's true.
Here's the link judge for yourself:
http://wgso.com/redzone-saints-27-lions-35/

http://wgso.com/?powerpress_pinw=60832-podcast

Note: The WGSO server was recently down. So the link may not work until their server comes back online.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:
It's no loophole. He'd have to petition for it meaning the NCAA could refuse. He'd have to sit out a year for sure but I'm not convinced that he would lose a year of eligibility since he was redshirted as a freshman. I know for sure he could do this at Tulane but If he could get a medical redshirt which is used quite often that could take care of sitting out one year should he transfer to an FBS.
I'm not sure if it's been done however but it wouldn't preclude it from potentially happening.
He may also be close to getting his degree which would allow him to play immediately as a post grad at any school without sitting out. But I don't know his academic status.
He could apply for a medical redshirt, but it's highly unlikely he'd be granted one. If his medical condition were severe, say a badly broken bone, or something that would truly prevent him from playing a season, he'd have a chance. He has to sit unless he graduates. His eligibility is up once he's five academic years from when he started college. A 6th year is very rare. Remember Jon English? He ultimately failed to gain the 6th year, and we forfeited the games he played in (after he got a court injunction pending his NCAA appeal).
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Fourcade talking about his nephew, LSU and then he goes into Tulane talk at 1:21:25
Says Fritz offense won't work at Tulane. He doesn't see Tulane winning with that style of offense in the AAC. He says that works in the Sunbelt. Outside of Navy he said you need to throw the ball to win in the AAC. At the 1:24:00 he speaks of Tanner Lee leaving. Said he got it from good sources. But having listened it just sounds like sports talk to me. I doubt it's true.

Note: The WGSO server was recently down. So the link may not work until their server comes back online.
That's put things in perspective considering the source. Shows he knows nothing about Fritz's offensive background. I hope Tanner stays as he is still likely the best we have in 2016.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Fourcade talking about his nephew, LSU and then he goes into Tulane talk at 1:21:25

That's put things in perspective considering the source. Shows he knows nothing about Fritz's offensive background. I hope Tanner stays as he is still likely the best we have in 2016.
Yep. He also said the kid WF's is recruiting now from Zachary the quarterback is too short and can't throw the ball well. He also said we need pass blockers in that offense. He said Fritz needs to win now. Tulane doesn't need to give this guy a 2 to 3 years to get his players in and try to see if he's going win. Win now.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:

Yep. He also said the kid WF's is recruiting now from Zachary the quarterback is too short and can't throw the ball well. He also said we need pass blockers in that offense. He said Fritz needs to win now. Tulane doesn't need to give this guy a 2 to 3 years to get his players in and try to see if he's going win. Win now.

Says a guy that was too short and couldn't throw the ball well. LOL
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
TU23
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:

You mean the kid who is the exact same height as his nephew who he claims isn't too short? Riiiiight. Too much alcohol floating around in his CTE ridden brain.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

TU23 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:

You mean the kid who is the exact same height as his nephew who he claims isn't too short? Riiiiight. Too much alcohol floating around in his CTE ridden brain.
John Fourcade, who endeared himself to Ole Miss fan's by proudly proclaiming he was there to make them forget Archie Manning...what a dumb azz, it just goes to show all you need is a name and some other dumb azz will give you a "mike"....please consider the source when tuning into his broadcast
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Seems like he's upset his nephew didn't get any FBS offers. I don't think he's much up on WF either.
He'll adopt the offense that suits his personnel.
But after listening I wouldn't put too much cred into what he's saying about Lee "packing his bags for ULL"
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Wave QB wrote:If true, I won't be shocked. His confidence is gone after playing terrible football and not being coached up. If he doesn't want to bust his tail this spring and summer and win the starting job, he needs to enroll at Nicholls State, Abilene Christian or Houston Baptist. He never proved that he was a FBS QB and could beat teams on that level. In fact, two of his four wins come from FCS teams. After two terrible years at the FBS level, he might even need to consider playing a year in JUCO. If he has success in the JUCO ranks, then he needs to come back to the FBS level and give it another go.
That's just what Buddy Teevens said about Shawn King near the end of the 1996 season? :rollsmiley: If true for his leaving I wish Tanner all the best. Buddy T was "married" to the Power I, "Buffet" Bob Toledo the "West Coast Offense" & CJ the "Saints Offense" ; I hold Lee responsible for nothing over the last 2 seasons but instead his coaches. And, how I so look forward to running a modern "College Offense" next season; and, like for Bowden/RR, an offense that fits our talent on the field rather than the "football ideology" of the coach. :megagrin:
puffy
Surge

Thanks for the insight into what Fourcade said. I thought it was odd that there would be this seemingly sudden shift in Lee's thinking, given that he tweeted out a very enthusiastic endorsement when WF was hired.
puffy
Surge

tpstulane wrote:Seems like he's upset his nephew didn't get any FBS offers. I don't think he's much up on WF either.
But after listening I wouldn't put too much cred into what he's saying about Lee "packing his bags for ULL"
He got an offer from ULM, according to the T-P, as well as Arkansas State (according to 247 sports):

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... fourc.html

Seems like Chase Fourcade willingly chose to play at the FCS level, even though he had FBS offers.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

puffy wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Seems like he's upset his nephew didn't get any FBS offers. I don't think he's much up on WF either.
He got an offer from ULM, according to the T-P:

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... fourc.html
My bad.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Without belaboring the reasons, if he goes to Michigan, Stanford or any school of a similar caliber, he'll likely watch all the games from the sideline.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Fourcade is as clueless as CJ, and almost as clueless as WGSO management--who give a mic to a know-nothing like Fourcade. If any of the Lee rumors came from Fourcade, we can probably completely discount them--no different than believing the denials and things that Tricky Ricky use to say.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Hornetswave
Low Tide

I listen to WGSO AM 990 AM after every Saints game , FOURCADE may be clueless but at least he talks Tulane football on his show, thats more than I could say for the flagship 1280 fox and wwl 870am "The Saints ,LSU and Talk radio" stations that exist now. IMHO

So I appreciate the Opinion From Fourcade.

Roll Wave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Definitely have to consider the source here. Having said that I wouldn't mind us going after Chase. I am surprised he didn't get more offers. Has good size, throws the ball well and is a very capable runner. He is a leader and handles pressure well.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: John Fourcade, who endeared himself to Ole Miss fan's by proudly proclaiming he was there to make them forget Archie Manning...what a dumb azz, it just goes to show all you need is a name and some other dumb azz will give you a "mike"....please consider the source when tuning into his broadcast
Wave fans, read this very brief article from 1980 about the feud between then retired Legendary Ole Miss coach Johnny Vaught and Fourcade, a real hoot and brings back so many memories. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid= ... 9159&hl=en

I couldn't care less about what Fourcade thinks about anything.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:

Says a guy that was too short and couldn't throw the ball well. LOL
+1,000,000

He played for Ole Miss against Tulane when I was an undergrad. He was a good college QB, but was better running the option than throwing the ball around the yard. He was a good, not great college QB. He was undrafted, back when the NFL draft went 12 rounds. And he's an SEC guy that I've never heard say anything positive about Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:Without belaboring the reasons, if he goes to Michigan, Stanford or any school of a similar caliber, he'll likely watch all the games from the sideline.
If not the stands, or on TV in his dorm room.
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:He played for Ole Miss against Tulane when I was an undergrad. He was a good college QB, but was better running the option than throwing the ball around the yard. He was a good, not great college QB. He was undrafted, back when the NFL draft went 12 rounds. And he's an SEC guy that I've never heard say anything positive about Tulane.
He probably has nothing positive to say about Tulane BECAUSE of that 1979 game. 49-15, Tulane, if I remember correctly. And we beat the crap out of him that day. I think he spent more time on the floor of the Superdome than he did behind center. That was the week before we beat LSU 24-13.

Glory days indeed!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson