Chris Scelfo

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:As usual it was RD that screwed things up in 2005. He was the one that decided to make a circus out of that team by forcing them to play in a different stadium every week. Independence Bowl Stadium was offered to us for free for the season. That would have given that team some stability and a chance to reach their potential.
U sir are correct...I remember Mississippi State refusing to accept the guarantee from Tulane that year....If memory serves the NCAA anted to grant Tulane the opportunity to suspend football for the year, granting all players a hardship so they could continue playing the following year...

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:Looked it up. Book is titled, "Fourth and New Orleans". I think I'll have to read it.
Oops! "Fourth down and frorever" would have been a more apt title though. (wink)
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:I wish Chris and the whole Scelfo family all the best life has to offer...they were Tulane fans and athletes, they went between the lines and competed.... Chris was put in a no win situation by Cowen and Katrina.. I hope he does well

plus1 No need for any animosity towards any Scelfo!
Mr Big...I will be in Del Mar in mid May at Morgan Run Resort !!!...I better start working on the "short game"

Mr Nut: One of my daughters lives in Del Mar. Nice area. Enjoy.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
greenphantom
Swell

I have no ill will toward Scelfo and would think he would be a decent OL coach. Terrible head coach, however. That '99 team still had a lot of talent and should have been at least in a bowl game. I spoke to a player once from that team who later made it to the NFL and he said that even an average coach would have had the '99 team competing for a conference title. The team practices were lazy and even though he had a few nice recruits early, in later years (pre-Katrina) we were battling FCS teams for most recruits. I remember when Toledo too over, he was told by JT Curtis that they hadn't seen a Tulane coach in something like 4 years.