Mack Brown

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
CoachBrockhoff
High Tide

tpstulane wrote:Image
The best part of this picture is the Old Baseball Cap behind Mack.
Jonathan
Riptide

Mack Brown as you all know was Athletic Director and Head Football coach at TU. Mack is a 100 percent coach, to be truthful his assistant AD who was great Wright Waters did all the AD work. Wright went on to be Commissioner of the Sunbelt Conference and retired a few years ago.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

You have to love the writers at the TP these days........... :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2014/ ... rt_m-rpt-1
Coach Mack Brown resigned and committed to LSU.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Saw the Mack'ster this past week end at a Golf Tournament at Horseshoe Bay Resort...He and Sally look very relaxed.... The Tournament, founded by Spike Dykes, to benefit The Texas Alzheimer's Research Foundation was a huge success. Mack is on the Board of Directors along with several other prominent Coach's

spikedykes.com

For those looking to travel to a beautiful place with elevation changes and a gorgeous lake, this is the Tournament for you, unless you get to play in the American Century Celebrity @ Lake Tahoe and the cost is one hell of a lot less ... 250.00 for the Friday nite party..Golf & lunch...and awards dinner that evening at 7pm
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:Saw the Mack'ster this past week end at a Golf Tournament at Horseshoe Bay Resort...He and Sally look very relaxed.... The Tournament, founded by Spike Dykes, to benefit The Texas Alzheimer's Research Foundation was a huge success. Mack is on the Board of Directors along with several other prominent Coach's

spikedykes.com

For those looking to travel to a beautiful place with elevation changes and a gorgeous lake, this is the Tournament for you, unless you get to play in the American Century Celebrity @ Lake Tahoe and the cost is one hell of a lot less ... 250.00 for the Friday nite party..Golf & lunch...and awards dinner that evening at 7pm
Because of the storms on Sunday in Tahoe this may have been the one year where Horseshoe Bay had better weather too!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:Saw the Mack'ster this past week end at a Golf Tournament at Horseshoe Bay Resort...He and Sally look very relaxed.... The Tournament, founded by Spike Dykes, to benefit The Texas Alzheimer's Research Foundation was a huge success. Mack is on the Board of Directors along with several other prominent Coach's

spikedykes.com

Because of the storms on Sunday in Tahoe this may have been the one year where Horseshoe Bay had better weather too!
We had rain in Central Texas Tuesday thru Thursday nite..some parts got rain early Friday morning..but the weather for the week end was great. Wife and I decided that Horseshoe bay was where will be moving at the end of the 2014-2015 school year...we did not stay at the Hotel..we rented a townhome over looking the Lake for 125.00 a nite and it was wonderful and gave us the opportunity to bring the 75lb dawg with us
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

on another related Mack note ... two of his former players were arrested for "Sexual assualt /malpractice" today...seems a lovely lady went to one players room to enjoy a nite of "physical therapy"...after he had completed his examination a second player arrived and concurred with the first players opinion and had the "brains" to tape it all !!! The young lady was found hiding under a desk in the dorm lobby... If found guilty of "practicing medicine without a license" they will be the guest of the State of Texas for a few years while they work on their degrees
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:on another related Mack note ... two of his former players were arrested for "Sexual assualt /malpractice" today...seems a lovely lady went to one players room to enjoy a nite of "physical therapy"...after he had completed his examination a second player arrived and concurred with the first players opinion and had the "brains" to tape it all !!! The young lady was found hiding under a desk in the dorm lobby... If found guilty of "practicing medicine without a license" they will be the guest of the State of Texas for a few years while they work on their degrees
Very politically correct story there golf..... :computer: :computer: :computer:
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:on another related Mack note ... two of his former players were arrested for "Sexual assualt /malpractice" today...seems a lovely lady went to one players room to enjoy a nite of "physical therapy"...after he had completed his examination a second player arrived and concurred with the first players opinion and had the "brains" to tape it all !!! The young lady was found hiding under a desk in the dorm lobby... If found guilty of "practicing medicine without a license" they will be the guest of the State of Texas for a few years while they work on their degrees
Very politically correct story there golf..... :computer: :computer: :computer:
The Photos and tape are to be used for "educational purposes" at "Bambi's Institute of Physical Therapy & Stress Relief " ....and will not be sold in stores !!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

SMU ?!?!?!

Rumor Control has it, that Mack Brown is on the "short list" to be the next Head Coach @ SMU !!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:SMU ?!?!?!

Rumor Control has it, that Mack Brown is on the "short list" to be the next Head Coach @ SMU !!!!
He'll be their Bob Toledo........... lol
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:

this will be a "budget" move...SMU already has a stencil, for painting purposes, with the name "Brown"..and will get a price break for letter heads !!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

this will be a "budget" move...SMU already has a stencil, for painting purposes, with the name "Brown"..and will get a price break for letter heads !!!!
lol
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Mack Brown loved Tulane and being here. As important, so did his wife. Mack always has shown his appreciation for his time here and graciously was able to persuade Texas to play and pay us.

We should start our recruitment now. Mack Brown back to Tulane.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
lurker123
Swell

nawlinspete wrote:Mack Brown loved Tulane and being here. As important, so did his wife. Mack always has shown his appreciation for his time here and graciously was able to persuade Texas to play and pay us.

Ron Washington was born in N.O. and lives here too. He's also looking for a job. Should we get rid of Pierce now or wait for January?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote:Mack Brown loved Tulane and being here. As important, so did his wife. Mack always has shown his appreciation for his time here and graciously was able to persuade Texas to play and pay us.

DUH.... Mack's current wife( Sally) he met when he was coaching at NC.... and if the rumor is true, was his real estate agent when he and his first wife (Debbie) bought their home in Chapel Hill, NC .. so Mackster's current wife does not want anything to do with NOLA...she wants to stay in Austin or move back to Carolina where they already own a mountain retreat
Jonathan
Riptide

I would like to have three co head coaches at Tulane next year, Mack Brown,Tommy Bowden and Coach Rod.
JerseyWave
Riptide

It's being reported that Mack has had preliminary talks with SMU and they're talking in the $4 million per year for 8 years range. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mack gets introduced there before the end of November so he can get started on recruiting and building his staff. I'd bet Greg Davis Sr. gets the OC job.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:It's being reported that Mack has had preliminary talks with SMU and they're talking in the $4 million per year for 8 years range. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mack gets introduced there before the end of November so he can get started on recruiting and building his staff. I'd bet Greg Davis Sr. gets the OC job.
He'll be SMU's Bob Toledo only 10 times more expensive. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:It's being reported that Mack has had preliminary talks with SMU and they're talking in the $4 million per year for 8 years range. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Mack gets introduced there before the end of November so he can get started on recruiting and building his staff. I'd bet Greg Davis Sr. gets the OC job.
That has the potential to be a disaster.

You notice that losers like the leadership at SMU and Tulane keep making poor decisions and the programs suffer.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

jonathanjoseph wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
That has the potential to be a disaster.

You notice that losers like the leadership at SMU and Tulane keep making poor decisions and the programs suffer.
I guess ole Mack has too much ego to just ride off into the sunset....If da Mackster takes the SMU job he will be going against the advice of DK Royal, who when he was invited to do a Tulane review told Mack never to coach at a school that does not have "The" as the first word in it's name
JerseyWave
Riptide

In the short term it would be a good move for SMU. Brown could right the ship and bring instant credibility to their program. He is very well connected in Texas for recruiting and hiring a staff. He can substantially increase alumni giving to their athletic program. He could even groom an heir apparent and after three years his program would be in good shape to give way.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:In the short term it would be a good move for SMU. Brown could right the ship and bring instant credibility to their program. He is very well connected in Texas for recruiting and hiring a staff. He can substantially increase alumni giving to their athletic program. He could even groom an heir apparent and after three years his program would be in good shape to give way.
The game has passed Mac by. This past NFL draft Texas did not have one player drafted.
They'd do better finding a young up and coming coach.
Tulane Class of 1981