Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
OGSB
Swell

greenie78 wrote:
gbgreenie wrote:Cowan does not want Leach because of the incident with his team. Next in line is Haywood.
What about Haywood's incident with his baby mama?
Charges dropped. The arrest was the story. What actually happened has been more elusive.

Livin' rent free
Wavetime
Swell

JD,

You stole my post. Yep, we did throw him under the bus in 1998,,,,,13 years ago,,,,if this is true, then he played us. We have all done this at one point in our career. However, RR knows that he would have been a God down here, out there it will be "Show Me Results".

Screw him,,,best of luck,,but screw him. He can buy tickets to our Big 12 Championship game when ML takes us there....
wave to em
Surge

gbgreenie wrote:Cowan does not want Leach because of the incident with his team. Next in line is Haywood.
The fact that there was an incident with a previous team of his, almost guarantees that it won't ever happen again.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

So that just happened.

And RR played us badly for either leverage and/or revenge.

Cowen better think again about Leach. He announces a 25K stadium and Jagodszinski and thinks that's going to fly he's got another thing coming.
gbgreenie
Surge

Low Tide go talk to Cowan, Leach will not be Tulane's coach guarantee. If Cowan don't want it it will not happen.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Going to Arizona means that RR will probably be back on the market in four years.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
JTLiuzza
Swell

Have you spoken with Cowen on the issue or do you have a "source?"

If Cowen genuinely doesn't want to be sullied by an affiliation with Leach (which to me is absurd), I'll do a little speculating myself and point out that if the RR to Arizona stories are true, I think we just had a top shelf football coach who decided he didn't want to be sullied by an affiliation with Scott Cowen.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
gbgreenie
Surge

But Cowan has ruled Leach out and does not want him here. Trust me.
JDTulane
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote:But Cowan has ruled Leach out and does not want him here. Trust me.

Learn to spell 'COWEN' and maybe people will "trust you". :roll:
wave to em
Surge

gbgreenie wrote:Low Tide go talk to Cowan, Leach will not be Tulane's coach guarantee. If Cowan don't want it it will not happen.
I'm not doubting your sources but how do you know cowen doesn't want ML?
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
gbgreenie
Surge

You will trust Cowen.
ExileWave
Surge

OGSB wrote:
greenie78 wrote:
What about Haywood's incident with his baby mama?
Charges dropped. The arrest was the story. What actually happened has been more elusive.
Charges were dropped after he completed a pretrial diversion program- I am not a lawyer, but maybe one can explain- isn't some guilt implied to go through that? "baby mama'" LMAO
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Cowen's problem with Leach is that Leach is his own man and Cowen wouldn't be able to control him. You would think that given Leach completed law school and has a strong focus on graduation rates that Cowen would be all over him. I guess Leach defiled the holy grail when he defied the sanctity of academia by taking on the TT prez and administration. Cowen may also know that hiring Leach could skewer the Big 12 deal.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I just e mailed the UofA beat writer asking when the press conference is suppose to take place announcing RR as the coach
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wavetime
Swell

Houston, I agree with you. Hiring Leach would hack off some people in the Big 12 and Cowen will not risk that.....I really believe that has everything to do with it.

I don't know much about Haywood,,,,but am extremely disappointed if RR does in fact not come here!
fracas
Ripple

Tulane would make a big mistake if they pass up ML
i understand going with RR first but ML should be offered

ML will bring excitement and victories to Tulane
fracas
Ripple

Wavetime wrote:Houston, I agree with you. Hiring Leach would hack off some people in the Big 12 and Cowen will not risk that.....I really believe that has everything to do with it.

I don't know much about Haywood,,,,but am extremely disappointed if RR does in fact not come here!

not sure i would agree

Leach and Tech do not get along
this is not same as Leach and Big 12 do no get along
Tech is not the Big 12

coach for success first
commitment to success brings conference realignment after
TU23
High Tide

We'd have a better chance to get into the Big 12 with a winning program and Leach than we would if we continue the status quo with some other turd.

Texas Tech isn't exactly a major player in the Big 12. If Texas and/or Oklahoma want us, we'll get in. You have to worry more about ESPN than TT in my opinion. ABC/ESPN has the TV deal with the Big 12 and Leach has an ongoing suit against them too.

If we can win, the conference re-alignment stuff will start to fall in place. We have to hire the guy who is going to win games, not the guy who is politically correct.
wave to em
Surge

TU23 wrote:
Texas Tech isn't exactly a major player in the Big 12. If Texas and/or Oklahoma want us, we'll get in. You have to worry more about ESPN than TT in my opinion. ABC/ESPN has the TV deal with the Big 12 and Leach has an ongoing suit against them too.
If we win, it isn't going to matter because espn isn't going to pass up making money just because ML is our coach.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
fracas
Ripple

agree the concern over Leach isn't Big 12 or Tech (the fans still favor him and want Kent Hance the Chancellor who fired him replaced) but with ESPN
Bigschtick
Riptide

I will be so glad when this thing is finally over.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

fracas wrote:agree the concern over Leach isn't Big 12 or Tech (the fans still favor him and want Kent Hance the Chancellor who fired him replaced) but with ESPN
Stupid if so. Too smart by half.

ESPN has veto power over Big 12 expansion over a grudge? I doubt that.
torbida
Surge

rick dicky and scott cow aren't trying and deserve nothing but contempt for neglecting Tulane football.All this talk about a ocs and investing in athletics is bs they'll hire Jagwipe who was fired from 2 jobs he'll be another loser (dickson has a lust for losers).Tulane football is finished hate to say it but the dynamic duo will get their wish drop football to div 2 but guess what punks-no one will come to your lil stadium to watch sorry a33ed loser football.Cowen and Dickson remind me of the garbage management at the job I worked at- incompetant,lazy,and ready to blame others when THEY f-up.doesn't matter if RR played Tulane he got screwed over in 98.Enjoy loser Jagpisski Dickson you pos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wave to em
Surge

torbida wrote: Dickson you pos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
torbida
Surge

Cowen and Dickson are idiots-they'll hire some ivy league coach or that Jagwispisski goof which means the sissy Tulane Model will still exist and the end of Tulane football is here.Any real AD would bring a coach that can win not fat bellied garbage like Toledo (run a west coast offense in a spread happy league and be too stupid to change when it doesn't work).Screw these bastards when I visit N ew Orleans next year a Tulane football game won't be on the agenda.