Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote:I will be so glad when this thing is finally over.
Depends on who we end up with, you may not. ;)

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
torbida
Surge

Cowen is spelled L-O-S-E-R. Shoulda kept Turdledo so the fat pig could lose some more.
threeputt
High Tide

NOLABigSteve wrote:Bear with me, but I have news (trying to confirm) that RR told Arizona on Sunday that he would be taking the Tulane job, and that an announcement would be made Tuesday.

I am choosing to believe NOLABigSteve :?
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I haven't been able to confirm or shoot down the news I heard. Definitely conflicting news...
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Northshore Wave
Ripple

NOLABigSteve wrote:I haven't been able to confirm or shoot down the news I heard. Definitely conflicting news...
Arizona: We hear the new head coach will be announced tonight...

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Offer Leach!!!!!!!!!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Northshore Wave wrote:
NOLABigSteve wrote:I haven't been able to confirm or shoot down the news I heard. Definitely conflicting news...
Arizona: We hear the new head coach will be announced tonight...

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Offer Leach!!!!!!!!!!
:
We hear the new head coach will be announced tonight by AD Greg Byrne on Twitter (@Greg_Byrne)...multiple sources tell us that Rich Rod will be named the new head coach.
Tulane Class of 1981
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

I will immediately send a $1000 check to TAF
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
msdos
Swell

well, this thread can be deleted
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tammy joins in.........
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... h_rod.html
Tulane made a run at landing former Green Wave offensive coordinator Rich Rodriguez, but Rodriguez told Tulane this morning he was not interested in the position, a source said. Rodriguez last coached at Michigan and also was the head coach at West Virginia prior to his 3-year stint at Michigan.

Arizona is announcing a new head coach tonight at 6 p.m., the source said.
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Swell

Maybe their president will tell their AD "no dice" and give the job to the relative of a long time booster.

Hey, stranger things have happened! Just not twice. :cry:
TURVS71
Swell

As far as I am concerned, Dickson and Cowen are responsible for making Tulane UNATTRACTIVE to QUALITY coaches.....
This is ABSOLUTELY a case of that ineptness......
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
torbida
Surge

ok Rick Dicky who's the number 2 guy...Jagfruity,some div2 jabroni,some dragqueen (cowen's fav)? All greenwave fans hate you,aren't gonna buy your spin bs.enjoy your mini stadium by yourself.As for Tammy and all the talking head rumor mongers,your sources suck!
Wave71
Ripple

According to ESPN its official, RR to Arizona !! Please no Haywood!!!!! Im done if that happens. TOTALLY DONE!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Doing a little cleanup, I've tried to marge all RR related posts into 1 thread. NO DELETIONS.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
JerseyWave
Riptide

OK, enough with the love letters to RR. It's time to HIRE the best coach Tulane can get and give him everything he needs to WIN! By the way, FIRE DICKSON while we're at it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:JKO weighs in............
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... _head.html
“We all want the big splash,” Ordeneaux said. “Anyone who has spent a lot of effort on this program knows how great it would be to have that. Unfortunately there’s not that many people who can have that kind of impact and Rich was one of them"
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

From ScottS on the other board:
To say that I am dissapointed that we were unable to land RR would be the understatement of the year. We made our run, made our offer, and were unsuccessful. Time to move on. The past three days have been a roller coaster ride that i dont care to experience again.

And to say that either SC or RD is against the hiring of ML is just plain wrong and not factual. 2 face-to-face meetings prove otherwise. But does ML want to come here? Or is he waiting for better opportunities to open up and wont commit to us (a la RR)? We'll know soon enough.

Personally, none of the 2nd tier candidates will be the splash hire that we all wanted and expected. But, you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make them drink. But dont think that some of these 2nd tier candidates are not good coaches and recruiters. I just dont know enough about any of them to make an educated guess as to who would make the best head coach. I just hope that whoever we hire can change the mindset and culture of losing on this team/program, demand excellence and perfection from the players and get rid of the cancers that dont buy into his system. This team lacks discipline and needs a coach that will get in their faces and will not tolerate mistakes, both physical and mental.

He sounds as betrayed and confused as the rest of us- and he is on the inside. He is right on in his last paragraph. His family has done great things for Tulane, and I thank them.
Last edited by ExileWave on Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
superwavefan
High Tide

Did y'all know Frank Scelfo is the QB coach at Arizona?
TU23
High Tide

superwavefan wrote:Did y'all know Frank Scelfo is the QB coach at Arizona?
Yes and believe it or not, Frank and Rich get along well and according to multiple reports on coaching websites, he's expected to stay as QB coach at AZ. He obviously already knows the system from being at Tulane. There's no bad blood between Rich and Frank, but it is a bit ironic.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Based on that message, Tulane has offered Leach and is waiting on his reply. If he turns it down, we're screwed. Forget the big splash hire. Really looks like Cow/Dick incompetence at its best. Did they really have to hire a search firm to go after RR and ML when everyone knew those were the first two coaches to go after?
superwavefan
High Tide

TU23 wrote:
superwavefan wrote:Did y'all know Frank Scelfo is the QB coach at Arizona?
Yes and believe it or not, Frank and Rich get along well and according to multiple reports on coaching websites, he's expected to stay as QB coach at AZ. He obviously already knows the system from being at Tulane. There's no bad blood between Rich and Frank, but it is a bit ironic.
I wasn't worried about them getting along.

It just makes me feel warm fuzzy inside knowing that Cowen touched their careers in so many ways.
superwavefan
High Tide

JerseyWave wrote:Based on that message, Tulane has offered Leach and is waiting on his reply. If he turns it down, we're screwed. Forget the big splash hire. Really looks like Cow/Dick incompetence at its best. Did they really have to hire a search firm to go after RR and ML when everyone knew those were the first two coaches to go after?
What's wrong with getting other names? Really, if we HADN'T interviewed RR/ML and only relied on search firm I would have issues with that. But I'm not gonna berate them for trying to be thorough.
OGSB
Swell

superwavefan wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Based on that message, Tulane has offered Leach and is waiting on his reply. If he turns it down, we're screwed. Forget the big splash hire. Really looks like Cow/Dick incompetence at its best. Did they really have to hire a search firm to go after RR and ML when everyone knew those were the first two coaches to go after?
What's wrong with getting other names? Really, if we HADN'T interviewed RR/ML and only relied on search firm I would have issues with that. But I'm not gonna berate them for trying to be thorough.
It's not hard to imagine the uproar if we go after RR/ML without a search firm and get turned down by both.
Livin' rent free
JerseyWave
Riptide

What is the search firm doing? The names we are hearing are less than inspiring..MAC coaches like Haywood, Saints assistants, Lionel Washington, OK St coordinator, just very disappointing. If Tulane is willing to pay $2 million per year with good money to hire a staff, recruiting, facilities then we better see something better than this on the candidate list! We don't need to pay our third, fourth, and fifth choices $2 million per year. Don't pay that kind of money to an inexperienced Head Coach.