Moses Wood transferring

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
GreenLantern
Riptide

https://twitter.com/Mo_Birdy/status/1113885154123161606

GreenLantern
Riptide

Quoting from the NCAA website:
Beginning in October 2018, Division I student-athletes will have the ability to transfer to a different school and receive a scholarship without asking their current school for permission.

The Division I Council adopted a proposal that creates a new “notification-of-transfer” model. This new system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days. Once the student-athlete’s name is in the database, other coaches are free to contact that individual.
I support the right of these young men (Wood, Daniels, Crabtree) to seek playing opportunities with other athletic programs. That said, I will feel absolutely no remorse if Coach Hunter finds immediate replacements that he feels will improve our program.
Players who enter their names into the transfer list could potentially lose their scholarships at semesters end, and a program is under no obligation to keep player on the roster that explores transfer options. Hope these kids are getting good advice and have a realistic idea about their talent ceiling. They're gambling with a $65K per year scholarship.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Hopefully Coach Hunter will use the transfer portal to Tulane’s advantage and bring in some awesome players to replace those individuals who are not one hundred percent committed and have put their names in the transfer portal. There will be no scholarships left for these guys if later they decide they want to stay at Tulane.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:23 pm Quoting from the NCAA website:
Beginning in October 2018, Division I student-athletes will have the ability to transfer to a different school and receive a scholarship without asking their current school for permission.

The Division I Council adopted a proposal that creates a new “notification-of-transfer” model. This new system allows a student to inform his or her current school of a desire to transfer, then requires that school to enter the student’s name into a national transfer database within two business days. Once the student-athlete’s name is in the database, other coaches are free to contact that individual.
I support the right of these young men (Wood, Daniels, Crabtree) to seek playing opportunities with other athletic programs. That said, I will feel absolutely no remorse if Coach Hunter finds immediate replacements that he feels will improve our program.
Players who enter their names into the transfer list could potentially lose their scholarships at semesters end, and a program is under no obligation to keep player on the roster that explores transfer options. Hope these kids are getting good advice and have a realistic idea about their talent ceiling. They're gambling with a $65K per year scholarship.
Basically we now have Free Agency for a amateur sport. The NCAA is completely F’d up.
Every school potentially a one and done for all practical purposes. Going to hurt schools like Tulane when kids excel.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
WavyHoops
High Tide

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:19 am
Fitting, that on Easter, Moses will return to the desert....see ya
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

One more scholarship open. Good for us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:48 am One more scholarship open. Good for us.
Names , please.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
gbgreenie
Surge

Sorry folks you don't win from scratch without keeping a solid base, hope Daniel, Seric, and Crabtree stay. Woods was a freshman caught in a bad situation, show respect and wish him well. You guys also don't know what pressure the athletes families place on them. Even if Woods wanted to return outside pressure may have been too great. Quit attacking the athlete when you have no idea what they are going through. You hurt recruiting when outsiders see what a cruel bunch of fans are here. Be respectful for once in some of your lives. These are kids, human beings, why don't you act like one yourself.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Win a game and I’ll care if you return
Sunamiwave
High Tide

When your team wins zero games in conference last year and wins four games all season it is very hard to get upset when any of the players decide to leave or transfer. I wish the young man nothing but the best but this does not faze me at all. It just gives Coach Hunter another open scholarship to work with in order to find the type of players that best fit his system.
JerseyWave
Riptide

As long Tulane gets better talent out of the transfer portal than what is going in, I’ll be very happy.
greenie78
Riptide

These losers bought into Dumbleavy’s NBA background and were disappointed after going winless. They were average players and part of the problem as well. Good riddance to these bums. No respect for them.
gbgreenie
Surge

They were not average players Woods was recruited by other lst class basketball programs. All these players had good backgrounds and for different reasons they did not win, coaching, youth, many reasons but to individually call these players average is crossing the respect line.

Does not sound average to me:
Rated a three-star recruit and the No. 5 prospect in the state of Nevada by ESPN.com…Ranked No. 224 overall in the class of 2018 by 247Sports.com…Played at Galena High School in Carson City, Nev., under head coach Brian Voyles …Competed on the AAU circuit for the Las Vegas Prospects…A two-time All-Sierra League selection at Galena…Named North All-Region as a junior…Averaged 17.8 points, 7.7 rebounds 2.3 blocks and 1.6 assists in 27 games as a junior and shot 48 percent from the field while helping Galena to a 22-6 overall record and a 13-3 mark in league play…Led the team to the NIAA 4A Northern Region semifinals…Scored 24 points with 12 rebounds in the 74-51 regional quarterfinal win over McQueen…Also received offers from LaSalle and Hofstra.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

For once in my life I agree with gbgreenie. Players like Moses Wood were highly rated coming out of high school. Unfortunately we had a toxic culture under a terrible basketball coach in Mike Dunleavy and the zero conference wins and four total wins last season speak for themselves. The horrible results fall completely on Dunleavy and he was the person that was correctly held accountable for the results.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Returning home will undoubtedly help his game . Wish him only the best and thank him for deciding before national signing day .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
WavyHoops
High Tide

Always struck me as a pretty obvious choice to transfer well before Dunleavy got sacked. Easily overpowered and some of the worst body language I’ve ever seen in a D1 athlete. What he was ranked in high school doesn’t matter after playing serious minutes of D1 ball. Doesn’t have the quickness or the aggression to play in Hunter’s system. Nothing against him personally - wish him all the luck in the world.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I wish him all the best. Thanks for giving to Tulane, I hope it works out for Moses at UNLV.

That being said, I don't see others saying things like "another scholarship to work with" as disparaging a player that no longer wants to be here and thinks his UNLV diploma will do more for him than a Tulane degree. He's not an NBA talent, that became clear this year. And I won't argue with someone that vehemently defended a coach that couldn't win a conference game, and had, by a large margin, the worst record in the 100+ years of Tulane basketball.

Best of luck, Mr. Wood.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

“Also received offers from LaSalle and Hofstra“

Im not going to say we’re a more successful program at the moment, but thats not exactly elite company.

I never wish ill on anybody as long as they dont cause harm to myself, family, friends or in this case tulane. Good luck moses
anEngineer
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm These losers bought into Dumbleavy’s NBA background and were disappointed after going winless. They were average players and part of the problem as well. Good riddance to these bums. No respect for them.
What kind of person says things like this about 18-20 year old kids who are just trying to play basketball and get a degree?
sader24
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:26 pm
greenie78 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:55 pm These losers bought into Dumbleavy’s NBA background and were disappointed after going winless. They were average players and part of the problem as well. Good riddance to these bums. No respect for them.
What kind of person says things like this about 18-20 year old kids who are just trying to play basketball and get a degree?
Generally speaking, someone who has had enough.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

He was just a freshman and at programs like TU freshmen are not going to be called on to make some huge impact. Meaning he was a small part of the problem. He showed some good glimpses and UNLV was willing to offer, not great but not bad. Would have liked to see him stay but ultimately not sure he was a good fit for Hunter’s system.

Still don’t like his twitter statement. Sure wish god cared about MD’s coaching ability, perhaps the almighty simply hates TU athletics and that is why we are in this hole for so long.
gbgreenie
Surge

Green Wave Nation, to those that continuously show disrespect to student Athletes, let me remind the know it all's that like to act so knowledgeable and boast till there is no end. Remember Shawn King, Juan Dawson, and the 1998 Undefeated team. What was their record under Buddy Teavens, probably the same posters said Shawn King sucked. So happens Teevens was a good recruiter but a bad coach. King was an average quarterback at best under the Buddy System. Winning teams are a combination of coaching, players, and sometimes the right mix chemistry. To get on this page and criticize any single player is low class. Woods may go on to be a superstar at his new school. They certainly see something in him. As I said in another post this is not the NBA, Davis of the Pelicans is a grown man and deserves criticism. But this is college athletics, parents greatly influence student athletes choices and should. So knock it off, lets create an atmosphere of class among the Greenwave Nation toward our Student Athletes.
Eaglewave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:57 am Win a game and I’ll care if you return
Yup.
Bye Wood. Thanks for helping our AD make a good decision.
Last edited by Eaglewave on Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:28 am Sorry folks you don't win from scratch without keeping a solid base,

You can when your program failed to win a conference game and has a loss to the worst team in the SWAC conference on their record. We are officially starting over. I hope those guys mentioned hang around as well, but we have a solid base to be concerned about. Hunter has to create one.
Ball Sumrall!