Jimmy Tillette

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:22 pm Retiring:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 77934.html

Good guy and good coach.
No doubt. Jimmy started his coaching career when I attended Jesuit. After leaving Jesuit I continued to follow his career all throughout. I remember after a hurricane our family evacuated to Birmingham, Alabama while there we stopped by and visited him at Samford. (Tulane FB had also evacuated there and was practicing on the Samford FB field). For a school of that size they had some great facilities. I happened to catch his last game when Newman came to play my brother-in-law’s Country Day team in the first round of the playoffs recently. Great guy that had a big impact on many athletes over the years. Jimmy always did it right and played by the rules. I believe he’s going to remain at Newman in a teaching/ administration role.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Played against Jim in high school...one hell of a player....he handled and passed the ball very well and was a solid player on defense...ahhh the good ole days of that crackerjack box of a gym on the campus of St Aloysius...he was coached there by Nick Revon, if my memory is correct...welcome to retirement and the best of luck with the knee opeartions
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Well I guess coach Ron Hunter won’t be hiring Randy Livingston. He’s taking Jimmy’s spot at Newman.
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 27fbb.html
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If I were Ron Hunter, I'd think about hiring Jimmy as a recruiting consultant, at least for this spring. The class that Hunter brings in this April will go a long way towards determining how quickly he can get things turned around.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 am If I were Ron Hunter, I'd think about hiring Jimmy as a recruiting consultant, at least for this spring. The class that Hunter brings in this April will go a long way towards determining how quickly he can get things turned around.
Jimmy looking forward to slowing down. Need to find the next “Jimmy”. Need someone younger involved in local high school and/or AAU with Louisiana relationships and ties.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 am If I were Ron Hunter, I'd think about hiring Jimmy as a recruiting consultant, at least for this spring. The class that Hunter brings in this April will go a long way towards determining how quickly he can get things turned around.
Jimmy looking forward to slowing down. Need to find the next “Jimmy”. Need someone younger involved in local high school and/or AAU with Louisiana relationships and ties.
I guess that eliminates Dick Longo
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

Carlos Sample, Scottlandville HS. Very impressive high school coach outside of Baton Rouge.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:55 am
tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:46 am
I guess that eliminates Dick Longo
Big Dick still out
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was good to hear Hunter say afterwards that he would visit every HS in the area even if they didn't have a player this year in order to establish contacts. Would love to see us get players like Elfrid Payton instead of having them go to ULL.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am It was good to hear Hunter say afterwards that he would visit every HS in the area even if they didn't have a player this year in order to establish contacts. Would love to see us get players like Elfrid Payton instead of having them go to ULL.
Yes for sure!
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:41 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:11 am It was good to hear Hunter say afterwards that he would visit every HS in the area even if they didn't have a player this year in order to establish contacts. Would love to see us get players like Elfrid Payton instead of having them go to ULL.
Yes for sure!
That's why I thought Jimmy T would be a great consultant for THIS SPRING. It doesn't mean he needs to be hired as a full time coach; have him take Ron Hunter and his assistants around the parishes as the spring signing period is only a few weeks away. And I'm sure Jimmy Tillette knows where the best players are in the state. This staff is going to need a lot of help to get the recruits we need to build on.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V