J P Losman

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
swampnik
Surge

Does anyone know what J.P. Losman is up to nowadays?

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Don't know where he is, but after that Duke game, I bet he isn't wearing his Tulane gear.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
JTLiuzza
Swell

The second commandment has not been abrogated.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Didn't think I'd see his name pop back up in the NFL. Good for him.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tnelly15
Riptide

Filled in for Matt Moore who sustained a head injury in the 3rd quarter Today. Played well enough, finished 6/10 for 60 yards. Looks like he may get an opportunity to start against his former team next week at Buffalo.
On a related note here is a post from his Twitter earlier today:
I will be retiring from the NFL at the conclusion of this year. Thanks to all former teammates and fans. It's been an amazing experience
:shock: Kind of strange for a couple reason. 1st the tweet was 10 hours ago which would have been around 2pm and I believe their game would have still been taking place. Less strange is that he hadnt tweeted since late October before that. Maybe someone hacked the account..... Or maybe he's calling it quits.
swampnik
Surge

He is young still; no reason to call it quits if JP actually get to start in a few games. :?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
tnelly15
Riptide

Hasnt been determined who will start on Sunday yet, but Losman did take Moore's place at the weekly press conference yesterday. There were some pretty funny/interesting comments. If anyone is interested here is a link. http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/artic ... d62e44c786
nawlinspete
Riptide

Hired as Offensive Consultant. Good for J P .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good for him. I hope it leads to a rewarding career. Good young man who deserves good things.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Currently on Clemson staff as offensive intern since June 2017 , has interviewed with Cliff Kingsbury of the Arizona Cardinals per FOOTBALL SCOOP .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

Hope this is a career that JP wants and can achieve. I was very disappointed for him at the lack of success he enjoyed in Buffalo.

Good luck JP and thanks for the memories. You deserve someplace better than Tad Gormley.
nawlinspete
Riptide

My guess is he remains at Clemson rather than join a team historically bad with an unsuccessful FBS coach new to the NFL ....
nawlinspete
Riptide

Not retained by Clemson . Now an off field personnel analyst at Oklahoma, per two Football Scoop threads today 2/2/22.
Last edited by nawlinspete on Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yep. Looks that way.
https://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-footb ... 4bb57.html
OU football: Sooners hire former Clemson analyst J.P. Losman as player personnel and football administration assistant, per report
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

No way today's news should be buried under a 12 year old banner ,

This is a constant pain in the ass using this board ,
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 pm No way today's news should be buried under a 12 year old banner ,

??? It’s at the top of the board.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:17 pm No way today's news should be buried under a 12 year old banner ,

Must not be that much of a pain if you saw this thread and commented on it... :roll:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
wave97
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:44 pm Hope this is a career that JP wants and can achieve. I was very disappointed for him at the lack of success he enjoyed in Buffalo.

Good luck JP and thanks for the memories. You deserve someplace better than Tad Gormley.
I wish him all the best that football coaching can offer.
There are amazingly talented QB's who play for teams that simply do not have the talent & coaching to thrive.
They are in the Archie Manning syndrome, ridiculously talented without any support from the players & organization.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

An old article on J.P...all the best to him in Norman, Ok
https://theathletic.com/2537042/2021/04 ... t-clemson/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:32 am An old article on J.P...all the best to him in Norman, Ok
https://theathletic.com/2537042/2021/04 ... t-clemson/
The New Canaan, CT coach that is mentioned at length in the article, Lou Marinelli, is a legendary coach here in CT. New Canaan (where Stepford Wives was filmed!) is a sports powerhouse in addition to being uber wealthy. The kid that Losman mentored (the one that knocked on his door) I believe is the same one that my buddy's son knocked into next week on a RPO play, and Stamford ended a 38 year losing streak to New Canaan when their backup couldn't rally the Rams!

Marinelli came to my son Zach's fundraiser at a local sports bar. I asked if he had any players that were D1 talents at that time. He told me about an offensive lineman that was about to be a junior that had straight A's and D1 skills. I passed it along to whomever was recruiting coordinator in 2014 and they never followed up. The kid started something like 50 games in his career for TCU. Lucas Niang plays left tackle for the Chiefs, and we could have been all over him early in his recruiting and never made the call. New Canaan's 2015 team had both Niang and Zach Allen, two third round picks.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

This thread made me recall a funny thought about a game played at Tad Gormley with Losman at QB. Don’t remember who we were playing, but in the middle of the second half, a bare-assed streaker ran across the field, outran security and disappeared into the night on the City Park side of the stadium. With speed like that, wish he had been playing receiver. Anyone else remember this?

I now return you to your regular programming.