David Pierce

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The biggest issue many Coaches had with interviewing for the UT job, there was no AD in place...Perrin was a stopgap until a new AD was hired, would you put your future on getting hired by a Houston Lawyer without one hell of a guaranteed contract that UT was not going to offer..several Coaches may have wanted the job, but they also wanted to be hired by the man they would be working for..the UT Prez was in China and really did not give too much of a krap what was going on
Last edited by golfnut69 on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Most of the coaches agents just used the Texas opening to get a raise. Paul Mainieri one of those. Easy money.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm Most of the coaches agents just used the Texas opening to get a raise. Paul Mainieri one of those. Easy money.
Not saying it wasn't a ploy to get a richer contract, but Mainieri went to Austin and interviewed for the job, according to one of the articles (linked) in this thread.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:19 pm Most of the coaches agents just used the Texas opening to get a raise. Paul Mainieri one of those. Easy money.
Yet UT landed a coach of the year at a fraction of the cost of Coach PM at LSU? Oh and one may have made a CWS this year, the other was playing golf. So whats ur point?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:45 pm
Yet UT landed a coach of the year at a fraction of the cost of Coach PM at LSU? Oh and one may have made a CWS this year, the other was playing golf. So whats ur point?
DP was named coach of the year ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm DP was named coach of the year ?
'nut, yes, he was. NATIONAL Coach of the Year, adding onto his Big 12 Coach of the Year award.

Scroll up and see TPS's post about his resume, click the link. He's done nothing short of amazing things in two years in Austin.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

D1 Baseball named Texas Tech's Tim Tadlock National Coach of the Year
https://d1baseball.com/awards/2018-coac ... m-tadlock/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 pm D1 Baseball named Texas Tech's Tim Tadlock National Coach of the Year
Congrats to Tim Tadlock.

David Pierce was named Coach of the Year by Baseball America. There's no shortage of CotY awards. You're clearly not a David Pierce fan. I am. So it goes.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:16 pm D1 Baseball named Texas Tech's Tim Tadlock National Coach of the Year
Congrats to Tim Tadlock.

David Pierce was named Coach of the Year by Baseball America. There's no shortage of CotY awards. You're clearly not a David Pierce fan. I am. So it goes.
Dave...I have no ill feelings toward DP, hell if you can't win at UT then you are not much of a Coach...The Stadium is beautiful, although not really on campus...the co-eds are nice on the eyes,
( just ask Major Applewhite ).....and they have a course of study for everyone with a pulse !!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Texas Baseball Bonanza! Pierce going to love this!
All Texas students at will go for free if their parents income is $65,000 or less
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/edu ... 688445001/

And if you make under $125,000
The endowment will also help alleviate some financial burden for an additional 5,700 in-state students from families with incomes of $125,000 or less. Some of that funding comes from oil and gas royalties earned on state-owned land in West Texas, the release said.
Tulane Class of 1981
Profoundwizard
Swell

Texas win the Big 12
Likely a national seed as well. I don’t think David Pierce is getting fired
greenie78
Riptide

He was a winner before he came to the Wave. We need another one. Glad he’s doing well.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats!
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

Pretty clear Zach Zubia made the right decision leaving the jackass we have for DP.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Texas (#1 seed) falls to OSU(#4 seed) 5-4 and is eliminated from the Big 12 tournament.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:08 pm Texas (#1 seed) falls to OSU(#4 seed) 5-4 and is eliminated from the Big 12 tournament.
OSU into the championship game where they will face the winner of K-State vs TCU. KSU beat TCU earlier today to force the second game between the two in the same format the Green Wave has used to face USF a second time. Our old friend Justin Campbell pitched Wednesday against OU, gave up 3 hits and 1 run in 6 innings. I wonder if he will be on the hill tomorrow night for the Big 12 Championship game on ESPN2. He's been on fire his last few outings after battling arm fatigue mid/late season. If he doesn't pitch tomorrow, he's likely to be their starting pitcher in their Regional.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Exactly. Fritz’s agent will probably try to use the UT baseball situation to de-pants Dannen, again.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 pm
Exactly. Fritz’s agent will probably try to use the UT baseball situation to de-pants Dannen, again.
:lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to DP. Another CWS trip.
Hook’em Horns.
Hoping for Schloss and Pierce this go around.
Unfortunately they both on the same side of the bracket.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

UT swept by OU this weekend
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

Uhlman‘s biggest tantrum was when asked why the 6:00 PM Saturday games was “regardless what the fans like,” he was going to play at 6:00 because of the heat effect on his team.”

Two things wrong with this:

1.) BOTH teams play in the heat so no advantage there

2.) BOTH teams play in the “cool” of
the night so no advantage there either.

In your best Christopher Walken voice:
“I don’t know, it’s a quandary to me.”
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
MicMan
Swell

Texas not even Top 25 this and about .500 in conference.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Another one
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981