Mark Kingston

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mark Kingston was suspended five games for confronting the ump over the called third strike that ended Sunday's Tulane game.
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/usf ... es/2229735
Assistants Billy Mohl and Mike Current will manage the team in his absence.

Kingston, whose team (30-21-1, 11-10 AAC) appears to be on the NCAA Tournament bubble, argued a game-ending called third strike Sunday to left-handed batter Luke Maglich with a runner on second.

"I have discussed what occurred in Tulane in-depth with Mark and appreciate his candor and honesty in describing the events as he saw them," athletic director Mark Harlan said in a USF news release. "Mark is a tremendous leader and we both share a common belief in good sportsmanship and mutual respect between coaches, student-athletes and umpires."

AAC rules call for an automatic one-game suspension for an ejection. The additional four games were imposed by George Drouches, the NCAA's coordinator of umpires, USF indicated.

"I will always support our student-athletes, but in this case allowed myself to be part of an excessive dispute," Kingston said in the release. "I will sit out the required games and know that our team and myself will move forward better from the lessons learned."

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

That seems a bit harsh, huh?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:That seems a bit harsh, huh?
I guess probably some physical contact.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

This suspension is an embarrassment for a first year coach,recruiting and his program.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Jonathan wrote:This suspension is an embarrassment for a first year coach,recruiting and his program.

Yeah right.big deal! Career over!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Jonathan
Riptide

His team won today over Memphis and he has to seat out one more game.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

5 games does seem harsh. He must have made contact, perhaps grabbing a shoulder as they were walking away? Pure speculation but there has to be more than the typical Coach doesn't like balls and strikes argument to warrant 5 games.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:5 games does seem harsh. He must have made contact, perhaps grabbing a shoulder as they were walking away? Pure speculation but there has to be more than the typical Coach doesn't like balls and strikes argument to warrant 5 games.
There was talk of filing a police report. That didn't happen but it was obviously over the top behavior.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
VerdeGeaux
Low Tide

Kingston seems a bit bush league early in his career. It's time for him to grow up. Second of all, he was wrong in his argument!
Show Me
Tsunami

Kingston did what any coach would do in that case. Fight for his team. Literally! ha ha.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad we made the right hire and got the #1 available coach in America.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:Glad we made the right hire and got the #1 available coach in America.
Yes we can thank Kingston. He wasn't interested.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Stupid move on his part. Biut actually DP was the #1 choice.
Waverunner
Ripple

Once again,wrong.Kingston was #1 choice,turned it down,for same financial aid reasons that Pierce is about to find out about the hard way.Take it from the inside.
Btw,missed #3 conference in super regionals,paper tigers ,I guess
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Pierce was the number one choice and kicked your boys butt. Deal with it. BTW DP said at his Regional PC that Tulane had given him everything he asked for. He said that unsolicited. Again that doesn't fit your narrative but that's your problem.
Waverunner
Ripple

What did u think he would say?Time will tell,still looking for AAC teams in Supers,paper tiger conference!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

See that you are still bitter over us putting an end to the post season drought. You pulled harder against the team than showme. It was the third best conference in the country. Finished two spots higher than CUSA ever did. And that was just in its first year. Deal w/it.
Waverunner
Ripple

Read this,might open your eyes,Mr Insidehttp://www.baseballamerica.com/college/stretch ... e-success/
Waverunner
Ripple

Read this,might open your eyes,Mr. Inside
http://www.baseballamerica.com/college/ ... e-success/
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad the days of excuses are behind us.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:See that you are still bitter over us putting an end to the post season drought. You pulled harder against the team than showme. It was the third best conference in the country. Finished two spots higher than CUSA ever did. And that was just in its first year. Deal w/it.
I never pulled against the Wave. I just didn't think we were that good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Waverunner wrote:Read this,might open your eyes,Mr. Inside
Thanks. That's a great explanation on baseball scholarships. Wow. Baylor Baseball really got whacked when the school raised tuition. Jones did well when Tulane tuition was much lower as it went up the program went down. I don't consider making a regional a big deal. Jones and Pierce have made their share. Get Tulane back to Omaha where we belong.
Waverunner
Ripple

U still don't get it,Winwave,the article clearly explains that the days of Tulane being a national power are long gone,Deal with THAT,Coachkiller.Nothing to do with RJ,our school has abandoned the fight,Pierce will realize that real soon ,and unless there is a huge buyout,will get out of Dodge
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
winwave wrote:See that you are still bitter over us putting an end to the post season drought. You pulled harder against the team than showme. It was the third best conference in the country. Finished two spots higher than CUSA ever did. And that was just in its first year. Deal w/it.
I never pulled against the Wave. I just didn't think we were that good.
Oh you did and it was clear to all hear. Nice try at revisionist history. We were the third best team in the third best conference.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote:
Waverunner wrote:Read this,might open your eyes,Mr. Inside
Thanks. That's a great explanation on baseball scholarships. Wow. Baylor Baseball really got whacked when the school raised tuition. Jones did well when Tulane tuition was much lower as it went up the program went down. I don't consider making a regional a big deal. Jones and Pierce have made their share. Get Tulane back to Omaha where we belong.
Can't make SR and CWS w/out making a Regional. After 6 years of no postseason making a Regional was big to those of us pulling for the Wave. Fact is we have only made three SR's and two CWS so making Regionals is big.