Cam Reynolds

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow! That was great!
Side note:
Shammond Williams flew in to watch the game in person he was the Tulane coach that recruited and signed Cam.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

This is way above the norm. Most college athletes these days leave their school behind them. Cam will take Tulane with him wherever he goes. We were fortunate to have him for 5 years.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Business Alert....Somebody hire this young man...and fast...not many Grads in this day and age are this grounded
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Cam signs a contract with the Sacramento Kings https://twitter.com/GreenWaveMBB/status ... 7914193920
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good for him. Hope he makes it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Whether it be on the basketball court, or the court of life, Cam Reynolds is going to make it. I somehow missed this thread and his tribute to Tulane, his family, friends and coaches. But this is a young man who clearly got a whole lot out of Tulane, and gave a whole lot to us all.

Thank you Cam for the five years of thrills you gave to us, and making us proud of who you are.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

on an historical note, in their earlier NBA life the franchise was located in Rochester NY and at one time was the Cincy Royals, ( home of the Big O ) and later the K.C. Kings
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

His team played on NBA TV last night. He got a breakaway slam dunk. Summer league started last night. Cam Reynolds is #33 he and the Kings played the Lakers.
A few baskets here: https://twitter.com/GreenWaveMBB/status ... 8675287045
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:53 pm on an historical note, in their earlier NBA life the franchise was located in Rochester NY and at one time was the Cincy Royals, ( home of the Big O ) and later the K.C. Kings
A good friend of mine's father was their longtime GM, Joe Axelson. Joe drafted the "baby backcourt," feuded with Dean Smith who said Phil Ford would never play for the Kings, was burned in effigy in one city (Cincinnati) and hung in effigy in another (Sacramento)!. Joe became my friend and would pick me up at the airport whenever I went to San Diego, where he retired. He worked in the NBA offices with David Stern and a league lawyer named Gary Bettman. Joe would, over dinner at one of San Diego's finest establishments, regale me with stories of players, teams and pranks. He was fired as GM after firing a coach, Bill Russell (who was hired by the owner behind Joe's back) for not showing up to his own practices! He wasn't well respected as a basketball GM, but he's in the Halls of Fame in Illinois and Georgia. He was a huge Cubs fan, and spent his retirement writing an underground Cubs newsletter and hosting a radio show called "Between the Vines."

Joe died of a massive heart attack in 2008. The night before, his Cubs had come from behind after trailing 8-1 in the 8th inning in Denver. Joe was a very good man, one I was lucky enough to call my friend. His daughter Linda is still one of my best friends.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:44 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:53 pm on an historical note, in their earlier NBA life the franchise was located in Rochester NY and at one time was the Cincy Royals, ( home of the Big O ) and later the K.C. Kings
A good friend of mine's father was their longtime GM, Joe Axelson. Joe drafted the "baby backcourt," feuded with Dean Smith who said Phil Ford would never play for the Kings, was burned in effigy in one city (Cincinnati) and hung in effigy in another (Sacramento)!. Joe became my friend and would pick me up at the airport whenever I went to San Diego, where he retired. He worked in the NBA offices with David Stern and a league lawyer named Gary Bettman. Joe would, over dinner at one of San Diego's finest establishments, regale me with stories of players, teams and pranks. He was fired as GM after firing a coach, Bill Russell (who was hired by the owner behind Joe's back) for not showing up to his own practices! He wasn't well respected as a basketball GM, but he's in the Halls of Fame in Illinois and Georgia. He was a huge Cubs fan, and spent his retirement writing an underground Cubs newsletter and hosting a radio show called "Between the Vines."

Joe died of a massive heart attack in 2008. The night before, his Cubs had come from behind after trailing 8-1 in the 8th inning in Denver. Joe was a very good man, one I was lucky enough to call my friend. His daughter Linda is still one of my best friends.
D...I would have loved to have been part of the conversations, I would have asked about the NBA's "regional" protection of draft picks ...that's right boy's and girl's, the NBA back in the day, which was struggling in popularity, would allow a team to freeze college players with a certain 'local geographic' area, that way a "local" NBA team had first right to a "local' college star..that is why the Big O from Cincy U played for the Cincy Royals...posting about the Cincy Bearcats, one of the Big O's teammate turned out to be one hell of a Major League Pitcher...one Sandy Koufax was a forward for Cincy U and tried out for the baseball team because he was bored and could not afford to go to Florida for Spring Break
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He’s playing now on NBA TV. Mike Dunleavy sitting one row behind the Sac bench.
Cam is #33 and scored a basket so far going into the 2nd QTR.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1 ... 8185122817
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:22 pm https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1 ... 8185122817
Thanks! Still amazes me with couldn’t win with him and Frazier in the lineup here.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Another great game last night for Cam. Check out the video.
https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1 ... 3218308096
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

14-17 (5-13) With two nba caliber players and a healthy Embo.
Yikes
WavyHoops
High Tide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm 14-17 (5-13) With two nba caliber players and a healthy Embo.
Yikes
After the road win over Temple it looked like a legit squad. Then it all fell apart. It happened so fast, and the early results were, so promising, that folks were kind of numb ... but In hindsight it is just an obscene, under-performing faceplant for which MD never had to answer any tough questions.
Profoundwizard
Swell

WavyHoops wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:18 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:20 pm 14-17 (5-13) With two nba caliber players and a healthy Embo.
Yikes
After the road win over Temple it looked like a legit squad. Then it all fell apart. It happened so fast, and the early results were, so promising, that folks were kind of numb ... but In hindsight it is just an obscene, under-performing faceplant for which MD never had to answer any tough questions.
It fell apart after the Houston win on Jan 17th. We improved to 12-6(3-3) that day. Went 2-11 following and now 4-12 this year. So we're 6-23 overall since.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Best of luck to Cam Reynolds.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
GreenLantern
Riptide

https://twitter.com/nbagleague/status/1 ... 7947077632
GreenLantern
Riptide

Cam getting some big love in Stockton:

Why NBA Fans Should Keep An Eye On Stockton Kings Rookie Cam Reynolds

https://www.ridiculousupside.com/2019/2 ... a-g-league
Show Me
Tsunami

Amazing how he’s flourishing being out from under the Dunleavy cloud.
Hard to believe Dunleavy couldn’t win with Cam and Mel in the lineup.
netshorty
Surge

Good news for Cam...

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Now a Buck
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

That was a short lived "multi-year" contract with the Timberwolves. He was active for 19 games, played 13 minutes and scored 5 points. But what the hell, it's more meaningful minutes than Tanner Lee has seen in his NFL career.