Tulane Alumni Academy Presents: Inside the Ivory Tower: Chaos and Hope in Higher Education Scott S. Cowen, DBA

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I was disgusted to find this invite by the NYC Tulane Alumni Association.

Tulane Alumni Academy
presents:

Inside the Ivory Tower: Chaos and Hope in Higher Education
Scott S. Cowen, DBA
President Emeritus & Distinguished University Chair

Wednesday, January 31, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
The Cornell Club
6 E 44th Street | New York, NY 10017

Join Scott Cowen, President Emeritus and Distinguished University Chair, for an evening of conversation about visionary leadership and higher education. Tickets are $30 and include beer, wine, and light hors d’oeuvres.

Tulane Alumni Academy is a series designed to place alumni and friends of the institution into conversation with some of Tulane's brightest minds.

I almost want to go just to ask questions like: "How do you explain the hidden $15-20 million dollar deficits the University ran up your last few years as Tulane President?" Or "Do you realize that you ruined Tulane Athletics with your decisions, particularly in the wake of the 1998 football season and the review in 2003?" Almost is the key word, though. I'll pass the opportunity and let the flock of Cowen supporters have their own Cowen Circle Jerk.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

I received the same invite and it disgusts me that this man is still affiliated with the University.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:I received the same invite and it disgusts me that this man is still affiliated with the University.
he is still affiliated, because the Tulane gives him the right to use their name, in some way they think it enhances it's profile, show's you how smart they really are...send him a legal document to cease this practice.......but 30 bucks for all the beer and snacks..ain't a bad price...and I would have to go back to drinking heavily before I would listen to one thing he or Marge had to say...and I have to post, Cornell must be desperate of rental money to allow his fat ass anywhere near where their name is used
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Woody, the Cornell Club is the home of Tulane's NYC alumni association. It also hosts other colleges alumni associations.

But it would be sweet if they banned his lying, stealing and self promoting ass.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
austxwave
High Tide

I'll pay your $30 if you go and ask the following questions:

1. Why were you covertly trying to disband athletics?
2. Does the term in the title of this lecture referring to 'chaos' refer to the budget deficit you left the university?
3. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, how's the diet going?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A better title for this self promoting colon outlet would be;

"How to Cause Chaos in Education and Life" by Scott Cowen, The Chancellor of Chaos Emeritus...with supporting view points, by Marge, "Show Me the Money" Cowen

INFO....if you would like to call the Cornell Club and voice your displeasure of having SC and Marge walk thru the doorways they can be reached;

212-986-0300....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote:A better title for this self promoting colon outlet would be;

"How to Cause Chaos in Education and Life" by Scott Cowen, The Chancellor of Chaos Emeritus...with supporting view points, by Marge, "Show Me the Money" Cowen

INFO....if you would like to call the Cornell Club and voice your displeasure of having SC and Marge walk thru the doorways they can be reached;

212-986-0300....
You just know that the bottom line message, of this phony baloney seminar, is that no matter what the real challenges are, higher education can only be saved by Scott Cowen. The Master of Self Promotion is back at it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana