Jake Rogers

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jake Rogers

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:19 am

Is officially an Astro. Signed a slot deal. Signing bonus of $614K.
http://www.fox26houston.com/sports/158082464-story

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

BC Wave
Surge

Re: Jake Rogers

Postby BC Wave » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:27 pm

Thanks
God knows I've embarrassed myself mAny times, especially not knowing if a last name ends in y or ey

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:16 pm

BC Wave wrote:Thanks
God knows I've embarrassed myself mAny times, especially not knowing if a last name ends in y or ey

I have a friend that spells his name Rodgers and that's stuck in my brain. Lol on the "ey".

Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Great fo rthe young man....The Astros are now a solid organization since McLane is out of the way and they are in need of a catcher !!!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

OUG
Riptide

Postby OUG » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:08 pm

ESPN Projects Jake as starting catcher of the 2020 US Olympic Team:

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post ... -look-like

You have to scroll all the way down to their reality-based projection.

Mostly college players and recent draftees, but there are some notable veterans from the projection:

A.J. Pierzynski
Jonathan Papelbon
JB Shuck
Darrin Ruf

Hopefully Jake is too valuable for his major league club to make this team.

RobertM320
Tsunami

Postby RobertM320 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:01 am

Here's the Astros minor league season review and 2017 outlook at the catcher position.

http://www.astrosfuture.com/2016/10/ast ... w-catcher/

Jake Rogers

Rogers was a 3rd round selection by the Astros in the 2016 draft. Coming out of college Rogers was known as one of the best defensive catchers in the draft, but the bat was a bit behind. He started this season with Tri-City hitting .253 with 2 HR, 12 RBI in 25 games. He was promoted to full season Quad Cities where he hit just .208 in 21 games, though he threw out 50% of runners with Quad Cities.

2016 Stats: 46 G, .233 BA/.341 OBP/.377 SLG, 10 2B, 3 HR, 16 RBI, 21 BB/43 SO

2017 Outlook

Garrett Stubbs has clearly made his case to be the best catching prospect in the Astros system. After splitting time between A+/AA in 2016, he will most likely start next season back in AA. With another good season, he could be a call-up to the Astros in 2017. The Astros spent a high pick on Jake Rogers and it appears he will start with Quad Cities. His defense is second to none but if he can get the offense going, his stock will blow up. The Astros also saw some good short season performances from Ruben Castro and Gabriel Bracamonte and both should be in full season ball next year.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

winwave
Wild Pelican

Postby winwave » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:51 am

Thanks for the update. Looking good for Jake.

Find A Way!

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Postby mbawavefan12 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:21 am

OUG wrote:ESPN Projects Jake as starting catcher of the 2020 US Olympic Team:

http://www.espn.com/blog/sweetspot/post ... -look-like

You have to scroll all the way down to their reality-based projection.

Mostly college players and recent draftees, but there are some notable veterans from the projection:

A.J. Pierzynski
Jonathan Papelbon
JB Shuck
Darrin Ruf

Hopefully Jake is too valuable for his major league club to make this team.

So silly.

chain gang x man
Surge

Jake Rogers Traded to Detroit

Postby chain gang x man » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:39 am

It went down the wire but the Houston Astros got their man.
The Detroit Tigers traded star right-handed pitcher Justin Verlander to the AL West leaders just before the deadline for players to be eligible for the postseason. It reportedly cost Houston three prospects including former Tulane catcher Jake Rogers.
Rated by some as a borderline top 10 prospect in the Houston organization, Rogers was performing well in his first full professional season in the minors. The Astros third round selection in 2016 is batting .263 this season across two levels in Class A ball with 25 doubles, 18 homers, 70 RBIs and 14 stolen bases in 110 games.
Rogers is a coveted prospect due to his plus defense and arm behind the plate. His offensive performance as a pro so far has boosted his stock.
Detroit has traded several high-priced veterans this season in a decision to rebuild. Rogers becomes an important piece in those efforts.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Re: Jake Rogers Traded to Detroit

Postby tpstulane » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:45 am

chain gang x man wrote:It went down the wire but the Houston Astros got their man.
The Detroit Tigers traded star right-handed pitcher Justin Verlander to the AL West leaders just before the deadline for players to be eligible for the postseason. It reportedly cost Houston three prospects including former Tulane catcher Jake Rogers.
Rated by some as a borderline top 10 prospect in the Houston organization, Rogers was performing well in his first full professional season in the minors. The Astros third round selection in 2016 is batting .263 this season across two levels in Class A ball with 25 doubles, 18 homers, 70 RBIs and 14 stolen bases in 110 games.
Rogers is a coveted prospect due to his plus defense and arm behind the plate. His offensive performance as a pro so far has boosted his stock.
Detroit has traded several high-priced veterans this season in a decision to rebuild. Rogers becomes an important piece in those efforts.

I'm an Astros fan but this is probably good for Jake in the long run. Hopefully he gets to the big show sooner now.

Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican

Postby winwave » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:01 am

Same here. As an Astros fan this is great news. For Jake he's going to make it no matter what organization he went to. Good pick up by the Tigers.

Find A Way!

golfnut69
Tsunami

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:29 am

winwave wrote:Same here. As an Astros fan this is great news. For Jake he's going to make it no matter what organization he went to. Good pick up by the Tigers.

I agree...too bad he will be in Detroit of all dumps !!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

RobertM320
Tsunami

Re: Jake Rogers Traded to Detroit

Postby RobertM320 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 pm

tpstulane wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:It went down the wire but the Houston Astros got their man.

I'm an Astros fan but this is probably good for Jake in the long run. Hopefully he gets to the big show sooner now.

Same here. The Astros are stacked at C, so his best chance was in another organization. Sure would have loved seeing him in the majors with the 'Stros, but this is a good move for him.

"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:22 pm

chain gang x man wrote:https://www.milb.com/milb/news/detroit-tigers-franklin-perez-jake-rogers-daz-cameron-learn-about-business-of-game/c-262740776

Nice piece I hope he makes it to the Show.

Tulane Class of 1981

chain gang x man
Surge

Postby chain gang x man » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Jake number 5 in the Detroit Tigers organization prospects

https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/ ... prospects/

chain gang x man
Surge

Postby chain gang x man » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm