Tulane vs. Rutgers

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
sader24
Tsunami

Time to try Montana.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Need a defensive score.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dupergreenie
Surge

OUG wrote:
Dupergreenie wrote:I am curious to see if CJ goes with a different kicker the rest of the game. I am not sure if trying to keep DiRocco in the game to 'kick through it' is actually the best think for his confidence. According to the game day program I have from the Georgia Tech game we have five other p/k on the team. One is a straight up kicker 2 are k/p and 2 are p/k (not sure if it really makes a difference). But shouldn't Cj at least give one of them a shot?
Simms is a possibility, but I doubt all the other walk ons you're talking about made the trip. Also, while you'd have to figure it can't get worse than DiRocco, Simms has never practiced a FG with Tulane.
After I posted the message I realized that not all the walk-ons probably made the trip. I was thinking more of next home game or if there is a back up that's there. I would give Simms a try. Can't get that much worse.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We really miss Davenport and Warmsley
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

So Rutgers gets into Redzone but can't score a TD. Gets 3 points by kicking the ball through the uprights.

Must be nice.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Fred Dowler wrote:
mbawavefan12 wrote:
And if certain insider types had been telling the truth about how in Dec. 2011 TU then supposedly being totally bound and determined to open the checkbook and do whatever to bring a solid head coach to replace Bob Toledo TU would never have hired Curtis Johnson or at least not as a head coach. And then TU gave him a big raise after a sole 7-win season against a non-challenging schedule (which may mean that TU will be reluctant about parting ways).
Nobody decent wanted to work under Cowen. CJ was like 5th or 6th choice. We knew this back then. Just have to hope he can bring in enough talent to overcome the lack of coaching.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

Leaving game in third quarter. My kids have had enough. Only I'm dumb enough to keep following this football program.
Wavetime
Swell

Stupid penalty. Glad that guy was kicked out.
sader24
Tsunami

Powell is horrible.
ajcalhoun
Swell

sader24 wrote:Powell is horrible.
God Bless Everyone!
sader24
Tsunami

Please at least try Montana.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:Please at least try Montana.
+1
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Veal is clearly afraid to field a punt, why can't we put Monroe in there?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Powell can not make progressions. It is primary receiver or sack
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

Btw anyone who has suggested we bench Lee should have to watch this game every day. Powell can't complete a 7 yard pass.
Jonathan
Riptide

Why was this thread moved? Paying CJ 1.5m a year is a joke. Our coaching sucks big time. No discipline on team. Bring back Tommy Boy!
Profoundwizard
Swell

I've been a Powell over Montana guy since the Bowl game. I'm ready to see Montana now
Profoundwizard
Swell

sader24 wrote:Btw anyone who has suggested we bench Lee should have to watch this game every day. Powell can't complete a 7 yard pass.
+1
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:Btw anyone who has suggested we bench Lee should have to watch this game every day. Powell can't complete a 7 yard pass.
+1. We saw all we needed last year.
Tulane Class of 1981
wave to em
Surge

Ya know, its tough when you dont have good players, but its even tougher when you have these kind of coaches not even putting these kids in a position to succeed. How much more failure does cj have to see out of dirocco to tell he is not the guy? CJ is nothing more than a position coach. And I dont even want to start on Eric Vanilla Price. This guy is the worst playcaller I have ever seen.
CuJo.
#SickEmWave
ArtVandelay
Ripple

Powell has no clue how to read a defense, pick out 2nd or 3rd receivers, and is not an accurate passer. But Oh wait, CJ says he has a strong arm... No way he should be playing ahead of Montana.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:If this is the second concussion for Lee, he could be lost for the season.
The first one they are claiming "heat"related. So if he had one it would be his first.
Whatever, he stinks right now, i guess the best pov is that we should waste this year developing a qb who leads the nation in ints. Great. Love the credibility. Don't care about talent reports, care about reusults. No idea how the old timers deal with this mess. We had zero chance of winning this game against the worst b10 team. Thats a fact.
Wavetime
Swell

Getting a bit tired.
Wavetime
Swell

mbawavefan12 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:If this is the second concussion for Lee, he could be lost for the season.
The first one they are claiming "heat"related. So if he had one it would be his first.
Whatever, he stinks right now, i guess the best pov is that we should waste this year developing a qb who leads the nation in ints. Great. Love the credibility. Don't care about talent reports, care about reusults. No idea how the old timers deal with this mess. We had zero chance of winning this game against the worst b10 team. Thats a fact.

He didn't throw one today and was 7 for 8 when he was pulled. Not making excuses, facts.
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

TD Rutgers. CHECKMATE!
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!