Tulane vs. Rutgers

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

We need to just go for it on 4th down. TD or bust!

My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sad thing is we finally have some decent talent but coaching is lacking
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JTLiuzza
Swell

MicMan wrote:Worse is this kind of showing in the NY market.
This kind of national embarrassment is sop at Tulane for far too long. The last regime obviously saw no problem with it. I was thinking early on in this game that I hope a fresh pair of eyes (belonging to a guy named Fitts) seeing this kind of display anew will have an impact. We're all unfortunately used to seeing this. This is new to him. Hopefully he is as disgusted by it as we are (and have been) and will recognize it as being harmful to the Tulane brand and actually do something about it. That's all I've got. I'm trying to drag something positive out of it.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
Houma de Wave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:And Veal fielded the punt on a hop with defenders around him. He didn't learn either.
That ball would have dribbled down inside the 5. Veal gave us good field position. Down 0-21, you gotta start making plays.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you've said.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Houma de Wave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:And Veal fielded the punt on a hop with defenders around him. He didn't learn either.
That ball would have dribbled down inside the 5. Veal gave us good field position. Down 0-21, you gotta start making plays.

Otherwise, I agree with everything you've said.

Does Johnson ever get upset or show any fire! He pats Dirrocco after missing the goal
by yards!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Fred Dowler
Riptide

JTLiuzza wrote:
MicMan wrote:Worse is this kind of showing in the NY market.
This kind of national embarrassment is sop at Tulane for far too long. The last regime obviously saw no problem with it. I was thinking early on in this game that I hope a fresh pair of eyes (belonging to a guy named Fitts) seeing this kind of display anew will have an impact. We're all unfortunately used to seeing this. This is new to him. Hopefully he is as disgusted by it as we are (and have been) and will recognize it as being harmful to the Tulane brand and actually do something about it. That's all I've got. I'm trying to drag something positive out of it.
Perhaps this is a misreading but the early impression of Michael Fitts is that he himself is not going to be the whirlwind autocratic force that Cowen was. He seems to be one to be inclined to yield to the prominent alumns/supporters. And that's the question. Who among the Board members/prominent supporters is going to stand up and push hard for a dramatic change of direction and look to, if necessary, twist the arm of the school president?
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
JDTulane
Riptide

I have faith in all the young talent, Lee/Badie/Nico but the coaching has been terrible.

You get mental errors when starting this many freshman but the coaches have no excuse.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Making this nightmare even more unbearable, the play-by-play announcer is terrible. Her voice is like fingernails scratching a chalkboard.
Wavetime
Swell

Legit question, so no flack.

Can our baseball walk on who kicks off kick field goals?
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

Penalty just cost us a first down
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

There will b second half embaressments. U watch. So sick of this crap. Tell me how this HC can establish a consistent winning program in this environment.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Making this nightmare even more unbearable, the play-by-play announcer is terrible. Her voice is like fingernails scratching a chalkboard.
+1000 bottom of the barrel ESPN News. Lol
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

If this is the second concussion for Lee, he could be lost for the season.
Wavetime
Swell

Ball was uncatchable.
Wavetime
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:If this is the second concussion for Lee, he could be lost for the season.

I thought it was a bruised shoulder.
Dupergreenie
Surge

I am curious to see if CJ goes with a different kicker the rest of the game. I am not sure if trying to keep DiRocco in the game to 'kick through it' is actually the best think for his confidence. According to the game day program I have from the Georgia Tech game we have five other p/k on the team. One is a straight up kicker 2 are k/p and 2 are p/k (not sure if it really makes a difference). But shouldn't Cj at least give one of them a shot?
Wavetime
Swell

Almost took it to the house!!!!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Wavetime wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:If this is the second concussion for Lee, he could be lost for the season.

I thought it was a bruised shoulder.
It is a bruised throwing shoulder.

Nice pick by Doss!
Dupergreenie
Surge

tpstulane wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:Making this nightmare even more unbearable, the play-by-play announcer is terrible. Her voice is like fingernails scratching a chalkboard.
My mom has told me for as long as I could remember that women calling sports just does not sound right.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The first one they are claiming "heat"related. So if he had one it would be his first.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
My mom has told me for as long as I could remember that women calling sports just does not sound right.
Your mom is 100% right.
OUG
Riptide

Dupergreenie wrote:I am curious to see if CJ goes with a different kicker the rest of the game. I am not sure if trying to keep DiRocco in the game to 'kick through it' is actually the best think for his confidence. According to the game day program I have from the Georgia Tech game we have five other p/k on the team. One is a straight up kicker 2 are k/p and 2 are p/k (not sure if it really makes a difference). But shouldn't Cj at least give one of them a shot?
Simms is a possibility, but I doubt all the other walk ons you're talking about made the trip. Also, while you'd have to figure it can't get worse than DiRocco, Simms has never practiced a FG with Tulane.
JTLiuzza
Swell

+ a million.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Need a big play soon. We can't sustain long drives.
Tulane Class of 1981
Fred Dowler
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote:From every metric, we r the worst coached team in the fbs. Sadly, we have a nice guy who has zero chance of succeeding. Every year that we carry this staff is a lost year. Its not an over reaction, cj is an amatuer position coach.
Yes.

Curtis Johnson is a longtime position coach and that's what he is (and maybe the Saints could stand to have him back in that capacity).

And if certain insider types had been telling the truth about how in Dec. 2011 TU then supposedly being totally bound and determined to open the checkbook and do whatever to bring a solid head coach to replace Bob Toledo TU would never have hired Curtis Johnson or at least not as a head coach. And then TU gave him a big raise after a sole 7-win season against a non-challenging schedule (which may mean that TU will be reluctant about parting ways).
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.