UTSA Gameday Thread

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
AugWave
Swell

Carlos Santos.

I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tnelly15
Riptide

Everything about this game is hard to watch.
wavemania
Surge

But Tulane is winning! I will taken ugly win anytime. In fairness to Powell, though, you don't put him in his first possession backed up deep in you territory.
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Do we by any chance have the same refs from the Tulsa game? These guys are terrible. Pulling the runner down by the middle of the back of his jersey is a horsecollar? LaFrance jumped, but not forward, and they still called offside?
The offenses are terrible
The refs are terrible
The TV announcers are terrible
The TV feed is terrible
I don't know why I'm even watching this.
My first half take:

1. Offense -- Montana definitely looks more comfortable. Taking the few shots downfield has opened up the run game a bit. If not for the fumble inside the five and the penalty on Donnelly, we could be looking at a 17-0 game. Penalties are a killer though. What is that, 9 or 10 in the first half? Unacceptable. Defense -- except for some penalties, a pretty solid game so far. Two turnovers created.

2. Refs -- lets hope we don't get these guys for the Rice game. They are terrible. They have to be the worst in all of CUSA.

3. TV announcers -- Good lord these guys are amateur! Orleans "Dar-kawa"? "Carlos" Santos? And terribly unprepared. One announcer even admitted he wasn't sure how good our kicker was. That shows total lack of preparation.

4. TV feed/UTSA -- I guess I'm going to have to disagree with golfnut here. This school doesn't have its priorities in order at all. Millions of dollars going to athletic facilities and but they can't even present their product out in a professional manner? Its one thing if people call Graff amateurish, because its in keeping with the way we run the department. (I don't agree, I like Graff). But for a program spending big bucks on facilities, to have such a terrible feed, and terrible, unprepared announcers, is putting the cart before the horse.

Its a shame we didn't get those 3 points before half. Lets go down and score to start the third quarter and make this a two score game.
RobertM320
Green Wave

wavemania wrote:But Tulane is winning! I will taken ugly win anytime. In fairness to Powell, though, you don't put him in his first possession backed up deep in you territory.
This and this. I'll take ugly, and bad spot to put Powell in. However, I'd really like to see Montana go the rest of the way, lets get the win, and give Powell more playing time in the UTEP game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Houma de Wave
Swell

We get the ball first. Gotta score and set the tone.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:We get the ball first. Gotta score and set the tone.
I'll be happy if we just don't turn it over.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nick throws a lot of pop-up passes with too much air under them. Our guys are open but with his pop-ups the defense has time to get back in the play.
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

At least you guys have a black and white feed. I've got the radio again.

This is beyond bush league that I have not been able to watch this game and your weekly reminder that Dickson and co are the worst in the country with not even a basic degree of competence. This is the 3rd week in a row and that's hard to accomplish.

The only other college football game that does not have some sort of national distribution this week is ODU vs Idaho.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Watching the TV Doss is playing with his right arm in a cast past his elbow.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Do we by any chance have the same refs from the Tulsa game? These guys are terrible. Pulling the runner down by the middle of the back of his jersey is a horsecollar? LaFrance jumped, but not forward, and they still called offside?
The offenses are terrible
The refs are terrible
The TV announcers are terrible
The TV feed is terrible
I don't know why I'm even watching this.
The snap for Cairo's 53 yarder was terrible
The same damn TV commercials over and over again of FNBC and Lamaque Ford are terrible and the sound jacks way up during them
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

Not good that Carlos is off today. Another missed FG
sader24
Tsunami

Santos 0-2, the first one was a bad snap, couldn't tell on this one bc the camera was positioned on the ceiling.
RobertM320
Green Wave

jonathanjoseph wrote:At least you guys have a black and white feed. I've got the radio again.

This is beyond bush league that I have not been able to watch this game and your weekly reminder that Dickson and co are the worst in the country with not even a basic degree of competence. This is the 3rd week in a row and that's hard to accomplish.

The only other college football game that does not have some sort of national distribution this week is ODU vs Idaho.
Did you also notice that cbssports.com doesn't even have Gametracker for this game? However, that's because of UTSA, not us.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

Ugh.... That was horrible defense. Seemed like the entire back 7 either overran the play or took a bad angle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The defense will have an occasional breakdown but it's really hard to image that we've won 6 games so far with this bad of an offense.
And that last snap was terrible as well for Cairo.
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:At least you guys have a black and white feed. I've got the radio again.

Did you also notice that cbssports.com doesn't even have Gametracker for this game? However, that's because of UTSA, not us.
Gametracker has been on- got to it thru the Tulane AllAccess link.

http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/gametrac ... artschool=&
AugWave
Swell

Our upperclassmen on OL SUCK!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

And now 106.1 has been playing commercials for at least 10 straight minutes. No football. This is unreal.
tgibson
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:The defense will have an occasional breakdown but it's really hard to image that we've won 6 games so far with this bad of an offense.
And that last snap was terrible as well for Cairo.
We've had a lot of defensive touchdowns and takeaways that put us in great field position. That hasn't happened today.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:Our upperclassmen on OL SUCK!
Just completely dumb mistakes. There's no reason in hell for him to move on that play.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Bush League Broadcasting
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:Bush League Broadcasting
May be the worst ever. I can't think of anyone being any worse.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Montana has missed bad on many throws today.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

3 and out again! Thank god for our defense!
Tulane Class of 1981