ECU Gameday Thread

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
TURVS71
Swell

FYI we will be on the sidelines...

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
greenphantom
Swell

Sullen toasted again on a deep pass. Fan support pathetic.
RobertM320
Green Wave

greenphantom wrote:Sullen toasted again on a deep pass. Fan support pathetic.
I guess you're listening to it, not watching it. Sullen was all over the receiver. The WR is 6'6", and the ball was placed perfectly by Carden. Give credit where credit is due. And the defense stopped them and held them to a FG.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
OUG
Riptide

Santos FG. 3-3.

The fan support will come back when we give people a reason to come back. 4-2 really isn't a reason yet.

Honestly, its going to take years. There's no reason to beat that dead horse.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:Santos FG. 3-3.

The fan support will come back when we give people a reason to come back. 4-2 really isn't a reason yet.

Honestly, its going to take years. There's no reason to beat that dead horse.
Not really. We've proven that before. The schedule is a big part of the problem, but we make major strategic moves that limit scheduling opportunities.
greenphantom
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Sullen toasted again on a deep pass. Fan support pathetic.
I guess you're listening to it, not watching it. Sullen was all over the receiver. The WR is 6'6", and the ball was placed perfectly by Carden. Give credit where credit is due. And the defense stopped them and held them to a FG.
It looked closer because the ball hung in the air awhile but the WR had at least 2 steps on him and he looked slow, more like a TE.
AugWave
Swell

Powell is getting the ball out MUCH faster than Montana. That release is sick. Oh, and I'll tell you where everybody is, the Seafood Fest. I was out there before St. Aug's homecoming game and there are a LOT of people out there. Saw a good number of Tulane shirts.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not sure if I agree with the 55 yard FG attempt. Field position may be crucial in this game. A punt downed inside the 20, the way our defense is playing, may have been the way to go.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
greenphantom
Swell

Lol. Can't believe that many people didn't know you can't call a fair catch on a ball that bounces off the turf.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Four 3 and outs for the D since that initial 12 play drive.
greenphantom
Swell

Really bad play calling once we got 1st and goal. Wave goes up 6-3
greenphantom
Swell

6-6 at the half. Defense playing great and Powell is certainly playing above expectations.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Even first half. Where the hell is Ryan Grant? We're going to need our playmakers to win the second half.
JerseyWave
Riptide

C'mon guys. Give us 30 minutes of gutty football then we get a bye week. Everyone step it up!
RobertM320
Green Wave

On the plus side, we lead time of possession 17:02-12:58, which means we're keeping Carden off the field. four of their six drives were three and out. We've also held them to 4 total yards rushing, and even if you didn't factor in the sacks, it would be less than 30.

On the down side, Carden is 14-16, and seemed to get into his rhythm on that last drive. Hopefully it was because we were playing a little soft.

Considering that ECU hung 55 on North Carolina earlier this season, I'd say the defense is doing a good job.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm not at the game, so I'm not seeing play. But looking at the stats, Powell is 9-17 for a whopping 85 yards. Seems like most passes have been screens or short ones, which is understandable given the line play. Total offense is about 125 yards, which is marginally less than ECU, mostly due to negative plays. Those of you that are actually watching, please tell me why Powell is drawing praise, averaging 5.5 yards/attempt.

Clearly, the D is the much better unit no this team, and can play with anyone on our schedule when they come to play.
Last edited by DfromCT on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

My guess is they want Powell to manage the game and play mistake free football.
JerseyWave
Riptide

At some point were going to have to hit on some Big plays.
OUG
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:I'm not at the game, so I'm not seeing play. But looking at the stats, Powell is 9-15 for a whopping 85 yards. Seems like most passes have been screens or short ones, which is understandable given the line play. Total offense is about 125 yards, which is marginally less than ECU, mostly due to negative plays. Those of you that are actually watching, please tell me why Powell is drawing praise, averaging 5.5 yards/attempt.

Clearly, the D is the much better unit no this team, and can play with anyone on our schedule when they come to play.
Powell is not playing brilliantly, not sure anyone has taken their praise that far.

But he hasn't made any costly mistakes yet, and that's why people are pleased.

He has moved the offense well, for the most part. He has looked tough on third downs.

He is beating people's meager expectations. Most of the praise goes to the coaching staff for managing the game well and shortening it so we can have a chance in the second half if we keep limiting our mistakes.
RobertM320
Green Wave

JerseyWave wrote:My guess is they want Powell to manage the game and play mistake free football.
And that's what he's doing so far. He's looked comfortable on the field. He's been spreading the ball around, and ECU has a good defense, lets not forget. No mistakes is the important thing. His release is much quicker than Montana. He has taken a couple of shots downfield. He just barely overthrew Shackleford on what would have been about a 30 yard TD pass, and two other long passes were well thrown but defended very well by ECU. He also had a nice screen pass that would have gone for decent yardage dropped by Darkwa.
Last edited by RobertM320 on Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thanks, guys. Like I said, I can't see the game, and there's only so much you can get from GameTracker!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
JerseyWave
Riptide

I can't see the game either and I'm at work.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Interception came off of a tipped slant pass.
AugWave
Swell

Ugh.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Carden is carving up our secondary