Tulane at Syracuse

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
ExileWave
Surge

CJ has the bewildered look Scelfo and Toledo always had.

sader24
Tsunami

Someone bring a Lawn Chair out for CJ and maybe a Mimosa as well.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Unbelievable. They tackle our receiver, no call.

We dive for their RB and he steps out of bounds at the last minute while LeBeau is in the air and its a PF?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

ExileWave wrote:CJ has the bewildered look Scelfo and Toledo always had.
It's called the look of "I'm in Way Over My Head and I Have No Idea What's Going On". Tommy Bowden didn't have it.
sader24
Tsunami

Everyone and their Grandma knew #31 was getting the ball in the flat except our defense. Do we watch any film? They just ran that play for a TD.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Same exact play call as one of their earlier TD's.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ExileWave
Surge

sader24 wrote:
It's called the look of "I'm in Way Over My Head and I Have No Idea What's Going On". Tommy Bowden didn't have it.
Yeah you right!
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

CJ OUGHT TO SUSPEND HIMSELF FOR THE NEXT GAME. PISS POOR EVERYTHING.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:
I wish we would see more intensity from CJ. Even if you have no clue, at least LOOK like you do. College football is an emotional game. Get more intense. Show that you're pissed when the refs screw up a call or a player makes a bonehead play. You're not Tom Landry out there. The silent treatment won't work with today's kids.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

ULM might beat us by 1000. Maybe 4-8 this year if we're lucky. I can't tell where those 2 wins are coming from either. It's not ULM or North Texas.
OUG
Riptide

sader24 wrote:
OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:We're not there yet. Coaches learning on the job, need an better OL and need tremendous work on the punt team to have a winning year next season.
I subscribe to the belief that you can't learn on the job at this level. While you're learning and getting better, so is everyone else so you're constantly behind. CJ isn't some 35 year old whiz with a tremendous amount of talent and aptitude that has to figure some stuff out. He's in his 50's and been at every level, if he doesn't have it yet, he's not finding it. His best bet is to fire his defensive coordinators and bring in a guy who has it and basically let him run the team while he recruits. I don't think that'll work b/c we don't have the money to bring someone in like that, but this setup isn't working.
The difference in hiring a proven DC won't be the money. We found/are finding 70m for a stadium project. The issue will be finding a proven guy who wants to coach defense at a non-BCS school.

This year still feels like 5-7 to me. Which was in the region of 5-7/7-5 that most predicted.

BS, we haven't come up with any of the money for the stadium, its all donations. We are paying CJ $600K which is absurd for a Div 1 Football Coach. The University still hasn't proven they are willing to invest in the football program or basketball program.
Donations pays for everything. No school funds athletics out of their general fund beyond a subsidy to balance the books. Everything else is just steering donations.

How do you think we were going to pay any big time coaches salary if we were going to get one? It's all just moving one pile of donations to another.
sader24
Tsunami

Holding, Offensive Line is a sieve.
sader24
Tsunami

Disorganization prevails.
sader24
Tsunami

I'm done, time to head to the bar for the LSU game. Can't watch any more of this B.S. Go to hell Rick Dickson.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:ULM might beat us by 1000. Maybe 4-8 this year if we're lucky. I can't tell where those 2 wins are coming from either. It's not ULM or North Texas.
I had us 5-7 and that looks like a stretch now. I'm watching N. Texas and they are a better football team than us. I had us beating them. Don't see that now.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

So, who's got the guts to go to NOHSC on Wednesday night and ask CCJ why he doesn't show more intensity and why the same mistakes are being made over and over? What's being done to change it?
ExileWave
Surge

Montana is a tough kid. He has taken a pounding today.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Jacquet looks no better than Uz.
tnelly15
Riptide

Almost positive montana took a hit to the head on that 3rd down.

Udzavinis back on the bench, Henry is at C and Montana is getting hit worse than ever.
greenie78
Riptide

If this team doesn't make a bowl game this season, it won't happen anytime soon.
tnelly15
Riptide

Not necessarily their fault, but the point remains.
RobertM320
Green Wave

At some point these lineman need to look inside and find some heart. I just don't see it right now.
Pullinmyhairout
Low Tide

Time to pull Montana. Don't get him hurt
RobertM320
Green Wave

Syracuse with 8 men in the box, and we still can't find an open receiver.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote:
OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote: I subscribe to the belief that you can't learn on the job at this level. While you're learning and getting better, so is everyone else so you're constantly behind. CJ isn't some 35 year old whiz with a tremendous amount of talent and aptitude that has to figure some stuff out. He's in his 50's and been at every level, if he doesn't have it yet, he's not finding it. His best bet is to fire his defensive coordinators and bring in a guy who has it and basically let him run the team while he recruits. I don't think that'll work b/c we don't have the money to bring someone in like that, but this setup isn't working.
The difference in hiring a proven DC won't be the money. We found/are finding 70m for a stadium project. The issue will be finding a proven guy who wants to coach defense at a non-BCS school.

This year still feels like 5-7 to me. Which was in the region of 5-7/7-5 that most predicted.

BS, we haven't come up with any of the money for the stadium, its all donations. We are paying CJ $600K which is absurd for a Div 1 Football Coach. The University still hasn't proven they are willing to invest in the football program or basketball program.
Donations pays for everything. No school funds athletics out of their general fund beyond a subsidy to balance the books. Everything else is just steering donations.

How do you think we were going to pay any big time coaches salary if we were going to get one? It's all just moving one pile of donations to another.
That is true.

But I can't help but go back to what I keep trying to stress in that back at the time there were those who were running around looking to assure one and all that "this is going to be different..." and that TU was for once ready and willing with a wide-open checkbook.

Ergo, if you say, as you insist that this time you definitely were going to be bringing in, Curtis Johnson is The Coach Who Is Going To Do Big Things at TU and that now things truly are different w/r/t TU's commitment to win games then you pay him accordingly. And then also if the team doesn't win he's out with no time being wasted.

The truth=regardless of the talk not much has changed. Same so-so commitment to winning. Same cheapskate approach to paying coaches and then probably also the same notions w/r/t holding onto a coaching regime through the length of the contract. The people doing all of the "this time is going to be different..." talk at the time were either knowingly telling a falsehood or else didn't have a clue.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.