Tulane at Syracuse

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
OUG
Riptide

sader24 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:We're not there yet. Coaches learning on the job, need an better OL and need tremendous work on the punt team to have a winning year next season.
I subscribe to the belief that you can't learn on the job at this level. While you're learning and getting better, so is everyone else so you're constantly behind. CJ isn't some 35 year old whiz with a tremendous amount of talent and aptitude that has to figure some stuff out. He's in his 50's and been at every level, if he doesn't have it yet, he's not finding it. His best bet is to fire his defensive coordinators and bring in a guy who has it and basically let him run the team while he recruits. I don't think that'll work b/c we don't have the money to bring someone in like that, but this setup isn't working.
The difference in hiring a proven DC won't be the money. We found/are finding 70m for a stadium project. The issue will be finding a proven guy who wants to coach defense at a non-BCS school.

This year still feels like 5-7 to me. Which was in the region of 5-7/7-5 that most predicted.

RobertM320
Green Wave

And North Texas tied with #9 Georgia, 21-21 in the 3rd quarter, at Athens.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:We're not there yet. Coaches learning on the job, need an better OL and need tremendous work on the punt team to have a winning year next season.
I subscribe to the belief that you can't learn on the job at this level. While you're learning and getting better, so is everyone else so you're constantly behind. CJ isn't some 35 year old whiz with a tremendous amount of talent and aptitude that has to figure some stuff out. He's in his 50's and been at every level, if he doesn't have it yet, he's not finding it. His best bet is to fire his defensive coordinators and bring in a guy who has it and basically let him run the team while he recruits. I don't think that'll work b/c we don't have the money to bring someone in like that, but this setup isn't working.
The difference in hiring a proven DC won't be the money. We found/are finding 70m for a stadium project. The issue will be finding a proven guy who wants to coach defense at a non-BCS school.

This year still feels like 5-7 to me. Which was in the region of 5-7/7-5 that most predicted.
At this stage, where do you see the other 3 wins coming?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
OUG
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote:

At this stage, where do you see the other 3 wins coming?
UNT at home, UTEP at home, and one of UTSA, FAU, or Tulsa (who is very beatable this year and we are due.
JerseyWave
Riptide

sader24 wrote:
Under the Cow/Dick model coaches get 5 years of failure before being replaced. Our best bet is the New President cleans house in the Wilson Center and lets his new AD hire his own man. This process should take until the Spring of 2015 to hire an AD who will hire his football Coach.
wavemania
Surge

I don't think Defense is the problem here. 21 points are from Special Teams. The 2 LSU transfers are not making plays. We just need more talent on both lines. And I would prefer a better Offensive coordinator
ExileWave
Surge

wavemania wrote:I don't think Defense is the problem here. 21 points are from Special Teams. The 2 LSU transfers are not making plays. We just need more talent on both lines. And I would prefer a better Offensive coordinator
We have ALWAYS needed more talent on both lines. Hardest positions for a school like Tulane to recruit top talent. It is bad when 2 non- contributors from LSU come in and dominate what we had. They are no dominating our competition however.
sader24
Tsunami

OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote:

BS, we haven't come up with any of the money for the stadium, its all donations. We are paying CJ $600K which is absurd for a Div 1 Football Coach. The University still hasn't proven they are willing to invest in the football program or basketball program.
sader24
Tsunami

Another bad snap from Morgan, Banks going East and West instead of North and South.
RobertM320
Green Wave

wavemania wrote:I don't think Defense is the problem here. 21 points are from Special Teams. The 2 LSU transfers are not making plays. We just need more talent on both lines. And I would prefer a better Offensive coordinator
Even though we have scored points, I've never been a fan of Eric Price. Two years at Memphis, his teams were 3-21, and averaged 15.3 ppg.
sader24
Tsunami

Uzdavnis back in the game. Get ready for a Montana injury.
sader24
Tsunami

Mares is horrible. He just whiffed a Defensive Tackle. Unbelievable.
RobertM320
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:Mares is horrible. He just whiffed a Defensive Tackle. Unbelievable.

That was a dreadful play.
wavemania
Surge

Why not put Henry back at center and move Morgan to another position on the line?!
tnelly15
Riptide

sader24 wrote:Uzdavnis back in the game. Get ready for a Montana injury.
I really don't get this, I think we did the same thing last week. Took him out, scored and put him back in.
He's so bad.
sader24
Tsunami

wavemania wrote:Why not put Henry back at center and move Morgan to another position on the line?!
Who knows, why is Uzdavnis back in? Does he have compromising pictures of the coaching staff? It's been obvious from Day 1 that he's horrible and that Morgan can't snap the ball. Nothing has changed. It's been obvious for weeks that we have major issues in blocking on punts, nothing has been done. USA said their coaches saw something in our alignment and they knew they would get a block in that game. I don't get the thought process.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Was just about to ask where Nico Marley was.
sader24
Tsunami

Put Monroe back there please.
sader24
Tsunami

Morgan snaps another one at Montana's ankles.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I know you make your own breaks, but what with the no PI call?
greenie78
Riptide

Another bad snap from Morgan.
greenie78
Riptide

The offense needs to be in hurry up most of the time.
sader24
Tsunami

Uzdavnis didn't even touch his guy there before Kelley had to try and pick him up.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

sader24 wrote:
OUG wrote:
sader24 wrote:

BS, we haven't come up with any of the money for the stadium, its all donations. We are paying CJ $600K which is absurd for a Div 1 Football Coach. The University still hasn't proven they are willing to invest in the football program or basketball program.
Once again, the one who isn't an alum tells it like it is.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
ExileWave
Surge

Papa Joe is finding out how hard it is to be a Tulane fan ;)