Tulane 39 - USA 41 4th Quarter 1:19

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
greenie78
Riptide

Guess I was wrong. Bridges is terrible overall.

JerseyWave
Riptide

Clearly, the J-State game gave us little indication of what kind of team we'll have this year.
Wave QB
Swell

greenie78 wrote:Guess I was wrong. Bridges is terrible overall.
Yeah Ok.
JerseyWave
Riptide

We need a score before the half, and then we get the ball to start the 3rd quarter.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Where the heck is the D line that CJ talked up so much? "The most improved part of our team" I believe were his exact words. Also the secondary was supposed to be a strength, too. One of the worst FBS teams in the country is making us look silly.

Should have be a golden opportunity to get back in the game when we got the safety. Lost three yards on the ensuing possession, 3 and out.

Need to close the gap before halftime, and certainly cannot give up a score (it's 28-16 now).

DID ANYONE GET FIRST ROW TO WORK? I get redirected to their site, and it's not listing the game.

Roll Wave.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave QB
Swell

3:06 remaining. We need to score on this drive. Montana with another strike down field. We are in USA territory.
greenie78
Riptide

Grant's gonna try to win this game by himself.
Wave QB
Swell

Santos field goal. 28-19
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:Where the heck is the D line that CJ talked up so much? "The most improved part of our team" I believe were his exact words. Also the secondary was supposed to be a strength, too. One of the worst FBS teams in the country is making us look silly.

Should have be a golden opportunity to get back in the game when we got the safety. Lost three yards on the ensuing possession, 3 and out.

Need to close the gap before halftime, and certainly cannot give up a score (it's 28-16 now).

DID ANYONE GET FIRST ROW TO WORK? I get redirected to their site, and it's not listing the game.

Roll Wave.
http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/?lulz=rtmp: ... otbl@31896
Wave QB
Swell

I understand that this defense is still trying to get used to each other, but this is horrible.
Wave QB
Swell

USA field goal good. 31-19 halftime.
RobertM320
Green Wave

18 first downs and 328 total yards of offense for USA in a half.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

The co-def coordinator thing didn't work last year and it isn't working this year. We came out totally unprepared and completely outcoached. This would be the worst loss in Tulane history.
OUG
Riptide

South Alabama saw something in our nickel that they were able to exploit with their zone read/pistol inspired offense. They knew exactly what they were looking for.

We simply have to provide some different looks defensively. These guys have WAY too much time and space out there. We also need to step up the intensity level.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Our only chance in the second half is to score on every possession. Our D can't stop them. I don't want to see our punter the rest of the game.
Last edited by JerseyWave on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JJ, you and I have had MANY differences, but right now I have to thank you and say YOU DA MAN!!! I'm watching their band, which means I can bag the GD GameTracker and watch the second half. The wife and my 13 month old boys are out, and I'm like a pig in the mud happy to watch the 2nd half.

Hopefully we won't be the "Pointer Sisters D" like we were in the first half, or when Lionel was playing! We called them that when I was an undergrad, because they'd make a big hit, and point at the opponent like they did something worthwhile....meanwhile the play was typically 30 yards downfield!

ROLL WAVE. SHOW ME SOMETHING AND PULL THIS ONE OUT.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
OUG
Riptide

On the bright side, Nick Montana is 17-25 for 208 yards and a TD.
OUG
Riptide

Are there any more bands we could possibly get out there on the field for this cluster of a half time show? Loyola's? Is Brother Martin's available? What is Toto up to these days?
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote:
JJ, you and I have had MANY differences, but right now I have to thank you and say YOU DA MAN!!! I'm watching their band, which means I can bag the GD GameTracker and watch the second half. The wife and my 13 month old boys are out, and I'm like a pig in the mud happy to watch the 2nd half.

Hopefully we won't be the "Pointer Sisters D" like we were in the first half, or when Lionel was playing! We called them that when I was an undergrad, because they'd make a big hit, and point at the opponent like they did something worthwhile....meanwhile the play was typically 30 yards downfield!

I have to say thanks as well, jonathan. I had the link up for firstrowsports, and the video never came. When I closed it and went back to it the game was no longer listed. Then again, maybe it was good that I didn't have to actually SEE the first half.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Would this be a good time to point out that you can have a suite next year for the low, low price of $100K up front?
Wave QB
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:18 first downs and 328 total yards of offense for USA in a half.
If we don't find away to pull this off, we might go 1-11. USA looks very weak to me. Jackson State's defense looked better. Our defensive line is getting smashed. We are giving their QB all day to think about what he wants to do. I haven't seen anything close to a sack.
Last edited by Wave QB on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

RobertM320 wrote:
DfromCT wrote:

I have to say thanks as well, jonathan. I had the link up for firstrowsports, and the video never came. When I closed it and went back to it the game was no longer listed. Then again, maybe it was good that I didn't have to actually SEE the first half.
Not sure what happened to First Row today, but I simply Googled "sports streaming" and there are a whole bunch of sites that link to feeds. I'm fairly certain we are past the time where anyone cannot see a D1A college football game.

Pro Tip: Spend $35 on Google Chromecast and you can watch on your big screen TV with one click.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Wave QB wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:18 first downs and 328 total yards of offense for USA in a half.
If we don't find away to pull this off, we might go 1-11. USA looks very weak to me. Jackson State's defense looked better. Our defensive line is getting smashed. We are giving their QB all day to think about what he wants to do. I haven't seen anything close to a sack.
It would truly be time to shut down the program at that point. Because Cowen/Dickson aren't going anywhere and their employment is more important than the success of the program. It's obvious that they are the problem.
greenie78
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
It would truly be time to shut down the program at that point. Because Cowen/Dickson aren't going anywhere and their employment is more important than the success of the program. It's obvious that they are the problem.
Seems unthinkable but Cowen/Dickson really don't care about competing on a high level. They're an embarrassment for this university.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

greenie78 wrote:
jonathanjoseph wrote:
Wave QB wrote:
Seems unthinkable but Cowen/Dickson really don't care about competing on a high level. They're an embarrassment for this university.
Worse yet, they've given themselves lifetime employment rights and we've let it happen. Pitchforks were appropriate but it's too late.