Tulane- Georgia Tech

The scoreboard! Check up and report on all game scores.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Its 33-26, Wave at halftime.

Ricky Tarrant is 6-6 from 3 point range in the first half, wit 20 points total.

Wave started out 13-4, then GT went on a 15-0 run to put us down 13-19. We closed the half on a 20-7 run. Tarrant hit 5 threes in a row during that stretch.

Fogelman looks pretty full. For people who haven't been there, the look is misleading because the aisles are extremely wide. Personally, I think there's a ton of wasted seating area, and I never did believe it was because of "fire marshal requirements".

As long as we don't let the young guys get intimidated by the fact that GT is an ACC team, we can win this game.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Robert1969
Riptide

Tulane leads 33-26 at half. Tulane finished the half on a 20-7 run, lead by Ricky Tarrant who had 6 threes from downtown. Tarrant could've made those shots from the sculpture garden in City Park. Wow!

It was a half of runs. Tulane started off 13-4, then GA Tech went on a 15-0 run, before Tulane closed out the half with that 20-7 run. Our weakness right now seems to be trying to get the ball inside. It's been 3's or bust so far for Tulane.
Robert1969
Riptide

It looks like you beat me to the punch. I guess they should merge my thread with this one. But Tarrant missed a 3 pointer late. He was 6 of 7.
Robert1969
Riptide

Well, when it came down to it, Tulane out-hustled GA Tech. I'm worried about our inability to penetrate inside though. But it's a big win. Tulane is now 9-0.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I had to miss most of the second half. :x Home improvement company tried to tell me it was going to cost $800 per window to replace. My house has 47 windows. I don't think so. :)

Anyway, big win today. Looks like the team's FT shooting has picked up greatly the last couple of weeks. Hopefully, that's that $16M practice facility paying dividends. Glad to see we didn't back down to an ACC team. Too many turnovers and too long of scoring droughts. Almost 9 minutes in the first half, and only two FTs in a ten minute span in the second half. Can't do that and expect to win many games.

We could have easily won't this by 15 instead of 5. But, isn't it more fun to debate "margin of victory" instead of "coulda, shoulda won"?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Robert1969
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:
We could have easily won't this by 15 instead of 5. But, isn't it more fun to debate "margin of victory" instead of "coulda, shoulda won"?
Indeed.

Alos I'm drunk.