Atkins is staying

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11121
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Atkins is staying

Postby winwave » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Could be going back to GSU as the OC:

https://twitter.com/Nick_Burgess/status ... 5042017282
Last edited by winwave on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Find A Way!

User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6336
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Might be losing Atkins

Postby RobertM320 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Saw this in the replies to the above tweet. Wonder how much this guy knows?

Sounds more like a GaSo writer that's still butthurt over Fritz leaving them.



"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7312
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Might be losing Atkins

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:48 pm

and the new SMU Coach is...and it ain't Sumlin

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... -coach?f=r


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 5564
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Re: Might be losing Atkins

Postby DfromCT » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:22 pm

golfnut69 wrote:and the new SMU Coach is...and it ain't Sumlin

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... -coach?f=r


If I'm not mistaken, Dykes was a Sandy Barbour hire at Cal. One of her last major hires.


" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your ongoing support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7312
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Might be losing Atkins

Postby golfnut69 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:55 pm

DfromCT wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:and the new SMU Coach is...and it ain't Sumlin

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/colleg ... -coach?f=r


If I'm not mistaken, Dykes was a Sandy Barbour hire at Cal. One of her last major hires.


This makes much more sense than Fritz...all of the current players at SMU run an offense similar to what Dykes will put in place...makes the transition much easier


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11121
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Might be losing Atkins

Postby winwave » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:12 pm

Atkins got promoted to running game coordinator in addition to his OL coaching responsibilities. Glad to keep having him.


Find A Way!

User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2249
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Southern California
Status: Offline

Re: Atkins is staying

Postby Bigschtick » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:23 am

Would someone please advise on this one claim that Fritz wanted the SMU job? Does anyone know
if he actually interviewed ?


Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!

User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 16903
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Atkins is staying

Postby tpstulane » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Bigschtick wrote:Would someone please advise on this one claim that Fritz wanted the SMU job? Does anyone know
if he actually interviewed ?

Perhaps his agent dropped his name in the mix to get him an raise/extension. It wouldn’t be the first time.


Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7312
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Atkins is staying

Postby golfnut69 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:30 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:Would someone please advise on this one claim that Fritz wanted the SMU job? Does anyone know
if he actually interviewed ?

Perhaps his agent dropped his name in the mix to get him an raise/extension. It wouldn’t be the first time.


The unamazin' part...Sumlin was passed over !!!!...


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 15 guests