Wave loses to FSU 72-53

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is Sunday at 11 on ESPNU. They were picked 10th in the ACC. They just beat Florida who was in the top 5 at the time. Florida then lost to Loyola -Chicago. Couple of 7 footers.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
lurker123
Swell

Spread is 13 points. I know some around here thought it would be much more but Vegas is treating this as a neutral site game although I expect FSU fans will outnumber Tulane's by 50 fold.

Shoot well and limit the turnovers and perhaps Tulane's "nearer-the-floor" front court can hang with FSU's "over-the-top" one? We'll see.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

For a little more information on the spread:

Line opens FSU 13 pt. favorite over Wave. (Rotation nos. 513-514 for Vegas Sheet )

O/U 156.5 pts.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-bas ... las-vegas/
OUG
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:Spread is 13 points. I know some around here thought it would be much more but Vegas is treating this as a neutral site game although I expect FSU fans will outnumber Tulane's by 50 fold.

Shoot well and limit the turnovers and perhaps Tulane's "nearer-the-floor" front court can hang with FSU's "over-the-top" one? We'll see.
I predicted 12.5, and said if it’s 12.5 I’d take the Wave. I still feel that way.

The makeup in the stands isn’t the entirety of home court advantage and I’ve always said it’s the smallest part of home court advantage for these early season games. The bulk of home court comes from familiarity with the court/shooting backdrop, routine, not having to travel, etc. the whole game day operation for FSU will indeed not replicate their home game experience. That matters for these kids.

Kansas St played Tulsa today at a similar neutral court in Wichita, I’m sure they out numbered Tulsa fans 500-1. Kansas St was 9.5 pt favorites and lost outright.

Plus I don’t think the crowd will matter much at all. Most people in Tampa are going to be going to be watching the NFL tomorrow, not trying to go see FSU basketball vs Tulane at noon.

Far bigger than the location is FSU’s length and lateral quickness on defense. They move quickly for a team with size and will defend the perimeter.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Anyone else having trouble with ESPNU ?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Mine went to a commerical break and never came back. I had to exit Hulu TV and go back in twice before I could get it to pick up.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wavetime
Swell

Hope we get a little run here. They seem to be playing OK and are getting good shots, however, nothing is falling....yet!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane cannot shoot.
GreenLantern
Riptide

This is hard to watch. How can we consistently shoot so poor on the road? We are not outmatched defensively. WE CANNOT SINK ANY SHOT FROM ANY POSITION.
oliveandblue
Surge

GreenLantern wrote:This is hard to watch. How can we consistently shoot so poor on the road? We are not outmatched defensively. WE CANNOT SINK ANY SHOT FROM ANY POSITION.
Another issue is the physical size. We're all too skinny.

This team lacks an edge. There is no fire.
GreenLantern
Riptide

As talented as Cam Reynolds is, he seems prone to extreme shooting droughts.
GreenLantern
Riptide

The only remaining drama is if Tulane will score 40 pts.
netshorty
Surge

Ahhh, another we played hard until the final whistle kind of game.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Can’t play with the big boys. Looked a lot like last year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Can’t play with the big boys. Looked a lot like last year.
Agree in that Tulane was down six in second half with ball and missed three point shot. Next thing you know they are down twenty. Very last season in that respect.

Team is improved but that bar was pretty low after last few seasons. Let's see how much better by what they do in conference where they have (more or less) bombed for years.
Show Me
Tsunami

We’ve now lost two out of the last three and both loses have been blowouts.
galvezwave
Swell

Show Me wrote:We’ve now lost two out of the last three and both loses have been blowouts.
Early season combination of hot shooting , exciting style of play and weak competition turned out to be fools gold. bitter pill after the promising start.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Show Me wrote:We’ve now lost two out of the last three and both loses have been blowouts.
ON THE ROAD, to two schools that are combined 18-1, with RPIs of #7 and #32. We won SIX F'n GAMES last year and were somewhere down in the 250s in RPI. Are you really delusional enough to expect that we'd be top 25 competitive the very next season?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote:
ON THE ROAD, to two schools that are combined 18-1, with RPIs of #7 and #32. We won SIX F'n GAMES last year and were somewhere down in the 250s in RPI. Are you really delusional enough to expect that we'd be top 25 competitive the very next season?
Sorry. I guess I was a fool to expect anything less than a blowout.
Show Me
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote:
Early season combination of hot shooting , exciting style of play and weak competition turned out to be fools gold. bitter pill after the promising start.
Yep. We’ve looked flat out bad against good competition in our three loses.
netshorty
Surge

Show Me wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
Sorry. I guess I was a fool to expect anything less than a blowout.
Your reminder that we were only able to win half the games last year as a poorly coached Conroy team the year before....so we have set the bar really, really low.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Against a tougher schedule. I just don't get people who look at the OOC schedule, say they'll be disappointed if we're not 9-3, and even though we're right on schedule for that 9-3, they're still not happy. We've lost exactly the three games we expected to lose OOC.
galvezwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:Against a tougher schedule. I just don't get people who look at the OOC schedule, say they'll be disappointed if we're not 9-3, and even though we're right on schedule for that 9-3, they're still not happy. We've lost exactly the three games we expected to lose OOC.

I wasn't expecting to beat UNC or FSU. But I also wasn't expecting to get run out the gym, either.
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:Against a tougher schedule. I just don't get people who look at the OOC schedule, say they'll be disappointed if we're not 9-3, and even though we're right on schedule for that 9-3, they're still not happy. We've lost exactly the three games we expected to lose OOC.
Sorry, apples to apples:

Your reminder that we won fewer conference games (including post season) last year than a poorly coached Conroy team the year before....so we have set the bar really, really low.