Wave loses to FSU 72-53

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Against a tougher schedule. I just don't get people who look at the OOC schedule, say they'll be disappointed if we're not 9-3, and even though we're right on schedule for that 9-3, they're still not happy. We've lost exactly the three games we expected to lose OOC.
I get what you're saying for the most part but no most did not expect us to lose to GSU. Sorry but people aren't buying that they are GOOD.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Ruski
Swell

Yup. Georgia State is not a good loss. And getting blown out by good acc teams are not good losses. Had those games been close you could make a case.

Good thing is the AAC is better run than the Tulane athletic department and our conference schedule was made pretty easy. 8 games against USF/ECU/Tulsa/Memphis. There's a chance we can sneak into the NIT. I wouldn't bet on it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Against a tougher schedule. I just don't get people who look at the OOC schedule, say they'll be disappointed if we're not 9-3, and even though we're right on schedule for that 9-3, they're still not happy. We've lost exactly the three games we expected to lose OOC.
I get what you're saying for the most part but no most did not expect us to lose to GSU. Sorry but people aren't buying that they are GOOD.
I'm not saying they're GOOD either. I predicted 13-14 wins this year, and that's about right where they'll be. Anything more than that is a good second year improvement. And we'll be a lot better at the end of the season than we are now, just like we were last year.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:
I'm not saying they're GOOD either. I predicted 13-14 wins this year, and that's about right where they'll be. Anything more than that is a good second year improvement. And we'll be a lot better at the end of the season than we are now, just like we were last year.
We better be a lot better at the end than now. We need to finally win a couple no one expects us to and be competitive against the 3 or 4 good teams in the conference.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:
We better be a lot better at the end than now. We need to finally win a couple no one expects us to and be competitive against the 3 or 4 good teams in the conference.
Yep. A 13-14 win season would be 1 or 2 more wins (with a similar soft pre conference schedule) than Conroy's final season... Hardly a noticeable improvement after 2 years.
greenphantom
Swell

We’re still clearly not a good team. I don’t think it’s far fetched to expect a big improvement by year 2 and be in the Top 100. Basketball is much easier to build a team quickly than it is for Football.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We really need to bring in a quality point guard.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Disappointed. Last year we so underachieved that many including myself may have jumped the gun on this year’s early results. The only 3 road games that were of any consequences we loss by double digits or blown out. The Jamaican tournament competition we faced wasn’t much. Then you have LIU Brooklyn, SELA, Alcorn and Southern at home. Not much there. Until we get into conference the jury is still out. If we were 8-2 with decent performances at UNC and FSU I’d feel better.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:Disappointed. Last year we so underachieved that many including myself may have jumped the gun on this year’s early results. The only 3 road games that were of any consequences we loss by double digits or blown out. The Jamaican tournament competition we faced wasn’t much. Then you have LIU Brooklyn, SELA, Alcorn and Southern at home. Not much there. Until we get into conference the jury is still out. If we were 8-2 with decent performances at UNC and FSU I’d feel better.
The jury is out or not? Reading your comment, it sounds like you feel bad because you don't feel good. Then, if so, it doesn't sound like you think the jury is out.

That's all ok. Tulane did not play well against GSU, UNC and FSU. Reasonable to draw whatever conclusions any observer might find from those performances.

At end of day from my view, Tulane is an offensive team. It has to out score the other guys; it won't win any defensive battles. Turnovers only make that challenge harder because you don't score on lost possessions and worse sometimes give up easy transition baskets on them.

They should pull a conference upset or two on the nights they have shooting mojo. As bad as the losses looked, Tulane was the dog who didn't cover in all of them. It has won all games when it was favored. We'll see if they can shoot their way to a .500 conference record which would be a dramatic improvement.