Tulane beats Southern 95-76

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
OUG
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
Ruski wrote:
lurker123 wrote:lots of future fans at game not many current ones good effort by the wave lets see how team against fsu
A win against FSU should give us 10 OOC wins.

8 games home&away to USF/ECU/Tulsa/Memphis. Gotta win at least 6.

Another 4 games at home SMU/Houston/UCONN/Temple. 2 wins here would be fantastic.

That leaves away SMU/Houston/Temple/UCF/WSU and home to Cincy. Picking 1 here isn't impossible.

That would get us to 19 and an ok chance at NIT. If we can win 20/21, I think we're for sure in. Please Dunleavy!
As we learned with this years football season following the Tulsa game it's too early to worry about these things. One game, one possession, one basket at a time. And beating FSU is far from a sure thing. I haven't checked, but expect to be double digit underdogs.
Don’t think there is a line out yet, but 12.5 would be where I would set it. And take Tulane if so.

anEngineer
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:1. Should have said it as an opinion.
2. Trying to alleviate you guys getting your expectations up and then taking your frustrations out on the coach and players after the game because...
3. FSU is really good on defense under Hamilton. Great si ze and they play hard. There won’t be a lot of inside baskets and they guard the three well.
Noted. Why bemoan a game before it's played? I just don't get belittling and trash talking your own team in advance. Period.

No delusions here. FSU will be a big favorite and odds for Tulane to win straight up are very long shot at best. Tulane hasn't beaten a team this good on paper in several decades. Very uphill climb. We'll see what happens. At best, I'd make a small sentimental bet on Tulane with the points and that's it.

I know you're a good Tulane fan. Come out and see the team play in conference after the holidays. Worth the effort.
I totally agree. There are a few on this site that just look to belittle Tulane Athletics. I don't understand what people get out of that. Why don't they just find something more pleasant to do and leave Tulane sites to people who like Tulane Athletics?
Jaxwave
Swell

I do analysis resulting in opinion. This would be one boring site if all just painted a rosy picture of Tulane Athletics despite less than stellar results.
netshorty
Surge

Jaxwave wrote:I do analysis resulting in opinion. This would be one boring site if all just painted a rosy picture of Tulane Athletics despite less than stellar results.
Analysis resulting in opinion is good stuff, keep it coming. Unfortunately if analysis results in a negative opinion just know that you'll get the new daily double...an accusation of mocking your team, followed by a request to go someplace else.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:I do analysis resulting in opinion. This would be one boring site if all just painted a rosy picture of Tulane Athletics despite less than stellar results.
Analysis resulting in opinion is good stuff, keep it coming. Unfortunately if analysis results in a negative opinion just know that you'll get the new daily double...an accusation of mocking your team, followed by a request to go someplace else.
Yep. There's already a site for that and it helped put the athletic program in the dire straights it's been in for so long. Fact is we only have a few of those type of posters here. In this instance one, lurker , is from said site and always blames fans and never Tulane for its sad plight in athletics. The other I am assuming is a younger fan who hasn't endured the misery like most of us have for decades. Everyone here is a die hard Tulane fan that wants to see Tulane win in everything it does. There are three reasons for these forums to exist:

1) Celebrate. Sorry but there's no getting around that there is very little that the program has given us to celebrate in the 67 years since de-emphasis started. It has given many miserable defeats against low level competition.

2) Information. Again there is very little that comes out of this department.

3) Venting. The program has given us a ton to vent about. We have to come to fan forums to vent b/c no one in the real world gives a flying fuck about Tulane athletics b/c of all the low level losing it has done for 7 decades. So we have no one to talk to about it.

If one can't handle that then they should stay off the forums. We are all glad Cowen and Dickson are gone. It gives us a ray of hope that things will finally change and Tulane will reach its vast potential in our lifetimes. We get that it's early in the new regimes tenure but we want results and we want them now and no one in their right mind can blame us for that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

That's called YOGWF. The exchange of opinions is what makes this site much more interesting. There's nothing wrong with posting opinion, especially in response to some of the outlandish comments made.

I hadn't read winwave's spot on post when I replied to Jaxwave. He's right that we all want Tulane to win and win big. Some of us have exhausted our patience.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wavetime
Swell

DfromCT wrote:
That's called YOGWF. The exchange of opinions is what makes this site much more interesting. There's nothing wrong with posting opinion, especially in response to some of the outlandish comments made.

I hadn't read winwave's spot on post when I replied to Jaxwave. He's right that we all want Tulane to win and win big. Some of us have exhausted our patience.

I couldn't agree more. This site allows fans to express their opinions with no repercussions....We have fans on here from all backgrounds and opinions that are as different as night and day...but we are all Tulane fans!!!