UNC Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
puffy
Surge
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:18 pm

I hope that Tulane won't be as wide eyed when they play at Wichita State. Maybe this game will serve as some sort of a wake-up call for the Wave to play with focus and intensity from start till finish.

That having been said, just about everyone thought this was an L on the schedule. There's still a huge gap in talent (UNC started a 5*, three 4*s, and a 3* who is there leading scorer in Maye). Meanwhile, Tulane is still relying heavily on Conroy-era recruits.

And let's not forget, this is the defending national champion (and it truly pains me to say this as I am a Duke guy) playing at home against a team that won as many games in 2016-17 as UNC did during their entire 2017 NCAA tourney run.

I am though encouraged by the fact that Frazier has emerged as an All-AAC caliber talent...credit to the coaching staff, as it seems they are doing a good job in player development.


winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12480
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:33 pm

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:We were never going to win this game. I don’t mind scheduling it, because you need to give yourself a measuring stick every now and then. But we don’t have the talent to win a game like this in Chapel Hill or even be competitive in it.

The bigger concern for me is that once teams started playing zone against us we haven’t been able to work the ball inside for high percentage baskets. We are 6-2 but we have a long way to go to being a good basketball team right now.
Yep. NC took advantage of our weakness for sure. Very disappointed in the effort. Was expecting a 10-15 point game. But we never made a run to close it. The AAC is probably not as strong as I originally thought it would be this year so we may still win 6-8 league games.
Obviously disappointing result. It's been a while since I watched an MBB game that was effectively over at the first media timeout of the first half. I'll send a donation check into GWC since Tulane didn't cover the spread.

Issue is as it has been for years at Tulane the play of front court especially on defense.

Let's see how they do the next three weeks. These folks strike me as having a lot of resilience. We'll see if it translates into victories.
We also have poor guard play. Embo and Slater are not quality PG's.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:51 pm

puffy wrote:I hope that Tulane won't be as wide eyed when they play at Wichita State. Maybe this game will serve as some sort of a wake-up call for the Wave to play with focus and intensity from start till finish.

That having been said, just about everyone thought this was an L on the schedule. There's still a huge gap in talent (UNC started a 5*, three 4*s, and a 3* who is there leading scorer in Maye). Meanwhile, Tulane is still relying heavily on Conroy-era recruits.

And let's not forget, this is the defending national champion (and it truly pains me to say this as I am a Duke guy) playing at home against a team that won as many games in 2016-17 as UNC did during their entire 2017 NCAA tourney run.

I am though encouraged by the fact that Frazier has emerged as an All-AAC caliber talent...credit to the coaching staff, as it seems they are doing a good job in player development.
Honestly i don't care the excuse (because there always is one) but that was a terrible performance. I'm as sick of excuses as I am losing...
anEngineer
High Tide
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:47 pm

netshorty wrote:
puffy wrote:I hope that Tulane won't be as wide eyed when they play at Wichita State. Maybe this game will serve as some sort of a wake-up call for the Wave to play with focus and intensity from start till finish.

That having been said, just about everyone thought this was an L on the schedule. There's still a huge gap in talent (UNC started a 5*, three 4*s, and a 3* who is there leading scorer in Maye). Meanwhile, Tulane is still relying heavily on Conroy-era recruits.

And let's not forget, this is the defending national champion (and it truly pains me to say this as I am a Duke guy) playing at home against a team that won as many games in 2016-17 as UNC did during their entire 2017 NCAA tourney run.

I am though encouraged by the fact that Frazier has emerged as an All-AAC caliber talent...credit to the coaching staff, as it seems they are doing a good job in player development.
Honestly i don't care the excuse (because there always is one) but that was a terrible performance. I'm as sick of excuses as I am losing...
Sick of excuses???!!! Is it an excuse or a fact that UNC is a storied program with much better players and defending national champions? Are you for real?
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:01 pm

anEngineer wrote:
netshorty wrote:
puffy wrote:I hope that Tulane won't be as wide eyed when they play at Wichita State. Maybe this game will serve as some sort of a wake-up call for the Wave to play with focus and intensity from start till finish.

That having been said, just about everyone thought this was an L on the schedule. There's still a huge gap in talent (UNC started a 5*, three 4*s, and a 3* who is there leading scorer in Maye). Meanwhile, Tulane is still relying heavily on Conroy-era recruits.

And let's not forget, this is the defending national champion (and it truly pains me to say this as I am a Duke guy) playing at home against a team that won as many games in 2016-17 as UNC did during their entire 2017 NCAA tourney run.

I am though encouraged by the fact that Frazier has emerged as an All-AAC caliber talent...credit to the coaching staff, as it seems they are doing a good job in player development.
Honestly i don't care the excuse (because there always is one) but that was a terrible performance. I'm as sick of excuses as I am losing...
Sick of excuses???!!! Is it an excuse or a fact that UNC is a storied program with much better players and defending national champions? Are you for real?
UNC's history has nothing to do with our choice to continue chucking up terrible shot after terrible shot and then allowing 2 and sometimes 3 Carolina players to hawk each rebound completely uncontested.
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm

UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:58 pm

anEngineer wrote:
netshorty wrote:
puffy wrote:I hope that Tulane won't be as wide eyed when they play at Wichita State. Maybe this game will serve as some sort of a wake-up call for the Wave to play with focus and intensity from start till finish.

That having been said, just about everyone thought this was an L on the schedule. There's still a huge gap in talent (UNC started a 5*, three 4*s, and a 3* who is there leading scorer in Maye). Meanwhile, Tulane is still relying heavily on Conroy-era recruits.

And let's not forget, this is the defending national champion (and it truly pains me to say this as I am a Duke guy) playing at home against a team that won as many games in 2016-17 as UNC did during their entire 2017 NCAA tourney run.

I am though encouraged by the fact that Frazier has emerged as an All-AAC caliber talent...credit to the coaching staff, as it seems they are doing a good job in player development.
Honestly i don't care the excuse (because there always is one) but that was a terrible performance. I'm as sick of excuses as I am losing...
Sick of excuses???!!! Is it an excuse or a fact that UNC is a storied program with much better players and defending national champions? Are you for real?
Yep for real. I'm not even talking about winning the game, I'm talking about not getting demolished. I'm talking about show me some sign of at least competing. Hell, I'll take a moral victory. But to simply say we all know it was going to be a loss, that they're all 4* athletes and defending champions, blah, blah which simply dismisses the sh!t show we put on... Then yes, I'm sick of the excuses...
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:00 pm

lurker123 wrote:UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.


According to form? Wow. Thank goodness we scored the last 7 points to get close to the spread.
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1577
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:30 am

It was like our players and coaches read this message board and decided they were just going to concede this game as an L and not try to compete. Sad effort all around
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2865
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:12 am

Looks like we got fooled again by the soft early schedule. The team is better but still nowhere close to the teams of the 1990’s that Cam Reynolds referred to wanting to emulate. We continue to play NBA defense that won’t win on this level.
anEngineer
High Tide
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:20 am

netshorty wrote:
anEngineer wrote:
netshorty wrote:
puffy wrote:I hope that Tulane won't be as wide eyed when they play at Wichita State. Maybe this game will serve as some sort of a wake-up call for the Wave to play with focus and intensity from start till finish.

That having been said, just about everyone thought this was an L on the schedule. There's still a huge gap in talent (UNC started a 5*, three 4*s, and a 3* who is there leading scorer in Maye). Meanwhile, Tulane is still relying heavily on Conroy-era recruits.

And let's not forget, this is the defending national champion (and it truly pains me to say this as I am a Duke guy) playing at home against a team that won as many games in 2016-17 as UNC did during their entire 2017 NCAA tourney run.

I am though encouraged by the fact that Frazier has emerged as an All-AAC caliber talent...credit to the coaching staff, as it seems they are doing a good job in player development.
Honestly i don't care the excuse (because there always is one) but that was a terrible performance. I'm as sick of excuses as I am losing...
Sick of excuses???!!! Is it an excuse or a fact that UNC is a storied program with much better players and defending national champions? Are you for real?
Yep for real. I'm not even talking about winning the game, I'm talking about not getting demolished. I'm talking about show me some sign of at least competing. Hell, I'll take a moral victory. But to simply say we all know it was going to be a loss, that they're all 4* athletes and defending champions, blah, blah which simply dismisses the sh!t show we put on... Then yes, I'm sick of the excuses...
Then why don't you go someplace else? You must have some other hobby besides running down Tulane Athletic programs. Do you relish misery so much that you look for places to wallow in it? It's either that or you just like trying to anger people on this site.
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:49 am

that's why they call it trolling.
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:21 am

netshorty wrote:
lurker123 wrote:UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.


According to form? Wow. Thank goodness we scored the last 7 points to get close to the spread.
Since you care about Tulane basketball, let's get into the fine print. Vegas quoted second half odds of UNC at +6. Actual was UNC +1. So since you must have bet on Tulane, the fact the team didn't quit (especially Melvin who went on a tear at game's end), Tulane easily covered that second-half spread. I just want to make sure you don't rip up that winning betting slip in case you're still howling at last night's supermoon over not covering the whole game spread. No excuses needed for cashing it. The Big Bluers are the ones crying on that bet.
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am

lurker123 wrote:that's why they call it trolling.
Ouch. You already blew my cover as not being a fan because I wasn't a season ticket holder. But now a troll? Because I'm tired of hearing excuses about why our programs are still losing (or getting blown out)? Ok. Makes sense.
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:33 am

lurker123 wrote:
netshorty wrote:
lurker123 wrote:UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.


According to form? Wow. Thank goodness we scored the last 7 points to get close to the spread.
Since you care about Tulane basketball, let's get into the fine print. Vegas quoted second half odds of UNC at +6. Actual was UNC +1. So since you must have bet on Tulane, the fact the team didn't quit (especially Melvin who went on a tear at game's end), Tulane easily covered that second-half spread. I just want to make sure you don't rip up that winning betting slip in case you're still howling at last night's supermoon over not covering the whole game spread. No excuses needed for cashing it. The Big Bluers are the ones crying on that bet.
I think I get your point. Our garbage minutes were better than their garbage minutes. Ok.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1683
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:50 am

You have to be disappointed in the team's performance. Last year in November, Tulane had a much weaker team (no Cornish or Sehic), UNC had even a better team (eventual national champs), and yet we held them to 20 points in the Dome (95-75). Before you rebut that we had a home-field advantage, we did not. There were more powder blue shirts than greenies at the game.
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:16 am

netshorty wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
netshorty wrote:
lurker123 wrote:UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.


According to form? Wow. Thank goodness we scored the last 7 points to get close to the spread.
Since you care about Tulane basketball, let's get into the fine print. Vegas quoted second half odds of UNC at +6. Actual was UNC +1. So since you must have bet on Tulane, the fact the team didn't quit (especially Melvin who went on a tear at game's end), Tulane easily covered that second-half spread. I just want to make sure you don't rip up that winning betting slip in case you're still howling at last night's supermoon over not covering the whole game spread. No excuses needed for cashing it. The Big Bluers are the ones crying on that bet.
I think I get your point. Our garbage minutes were better than their garbage minutes. Ok.
I get your a fan. But there's a massive difference between mocking your own team and saying you're just calling it straight. You couldn't resist the last dig belittling your own team by literally describing them as garbage men for playing hard at the end. Would you be happier if Melvin had quit and say Tulane had lost by 40 points?
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 793
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:47 am

lurker123 wrote:UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.
Did you watch the game? We were down 20 about 5 minutes in.....after winning the tip-off! It's hard to be that bad! And it wasn't about UNC playing crazy good defense or making incredible shots. Yes they shot very well. But we shot incredibly poorly. And after we took bad shot after bad shot, did we crash the boards looking to get a rebound? No. We retreated with our tail between our legs and pretend to play defense.

The only reason we didn't lose by 40 is because UNC was subbing in backups halfway through the first.

I'll be the first one to applaud Dunleavy when the team is actually decent.

You guys act like expecting us to compete with other D1 schools is unheard of. You do realize we're no longer in the shitty C-USA? We play Wichita State, Cincinnati, Temple, Houston, UCF, SMU? Those teams expect to compete with UNC, they don't care what name is their jersey. We play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Losing by 20 points minutes into the game is unacceptable! Keep this up and we'll get kicked out of the AAC.
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:00 am

lurker123 wrote:
I get your a fan. But there's a massive difference between mocking your own team and saying you're just calling it straight. You couldn't resist the last dig belittling your own team by literally describing them as garbage men for playing hard at the end. Would you be happier if Melvin had quit and say Tulane had lost by 40 points?
Mocking means that I'm making fun of them. I am not doing that. Garbage minutes are defined as meaningless minutes at the end of the game in a blowout. Has nothing to do with the players being garbage men. Honestly when down by 30 with a few minutes to play, the final score doesn't really matter if it's 40 or 24 (unless you are gambling or hoping your RPI isn't affected as much).

I, like I'm sure you, are looking forward to the day that games aren't measured by not giving up. But will say you are correct, it is far better to have a team continue to fight than to mail it in.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6524
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:14 am

Ruski wrote:You guys act like expecting us to compete with other D1 schools is unheard of. You do realize we're no longer in the shitty C-USA? We play Wichita State, Cincinnati, Temple, Houston, UCF, SMU? Those teams expect to compete with UNC, they don't care what name is their jersey. We play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Losing by 20 points minutes into the game is unacceptable! Keep this up and we'll get kicked out of the AAC.
Expecting us to compete with outher D1 schools is acceptable. Expecting us to be competitive coming off a six win season, on the road against the defending national champions IS asking a bit much. I'm just sick of all the people who repeat over and over about how we've been down for decades, and then expect someone to wave their wand overnight and everything will be roses. Sorry to break it to you, but that's not how its going to happen.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:17 am

RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:You guys act like expecting us to compete with other D1 schools is unheard of. You do realize we're no longer in the shitty C-USA? We play Wichita State, Cincinnati, Temple, Houston, UCF, SMU? Those teams expect to compete with UNC, they don't care what name is their jersey. We play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Losing by 20 points minutes into the game is unacceptable! Keep this up and we'll get kicked out of the AAC.
Expecting us to compete with outher D1 schools is acceptable. Expecting us to be competitive coming off a six win season, on the road against the defending national champions IS asking a bit much. I'm just sick of all the people who repeat over and over about how we've been down for decades, and then expect someone to wave their wand overnight and everything will be roses. Sorry to break it to you, but that's not how its going to happen.
Agreed. Even though Tulane appears to be much better in year 2, it is't quite ready to compete against anyone yet.
User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 am

Ruski wrote:
lurker123 wrote:UNC won this game. Tulane didn't lose it. A better larger faster more skilled team beat decisively a worse smaller slower less skilled team. Disappointing? Sure. Look we root for Tulane and the very improbable upset. It didn't happen.

Vegas had UNC as a 20 point favorite. It won by 24. It's the defending national champion walloping a team that won six games last season.
Tulane didn't quit. Team played hard whole game.

Game today went according to form. End of chapter. It still has three quarters of its season to finish this story.
Did you watch the game? We were down 20 about 5 minutes in.....after winning the tip-off! It's hard to be that bad! And it wasn't about UNC playing crazy good defense or making incredible shots. Yes they shot very well. But we shot incredibly poorly. And after we took bad shot after bad shot, did we crash the boards looking to get a rebound? No. We retreated with our tail between our legs and pretend to play defense.

The only reason we didn't lose by 40 is because UNC was subbing in backups halfway through the first.

I'll be the first one to applaud Dunleavy when the team is actually decent.

You guys act like expecting us to compete with other D1 schools is unheard of. You do realize we're no longer in the shitty C-USA? We play Wichita State, Cincinnati, Temple, Houston, UCF, SMU? Those teams expect to compete with UNC, they don't care what name is their jersey. We play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Losing by 20 points minutes into the game is unacceptable! Keep this up and we'll get kicked out of the AAC.
There isn’t a single team in the AAC that would go into Chapel Hill expecting to beat UNC there this year. They wouldn’t all expect to lose by 24, but not even Cincinnati or Wichita State fans would think they were going to win that game. Crazy to say that we play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Duke could maybe win there this year. Kansas possibly. It’s a short list. I don’t know how good you think Wichita state is, but no, they are not on that list.
User avatar
OUG
Riptide
Posts: 2668
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:59 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:43 am

GreenLantern wrote:You have to be disappointed in the team's performance. Last year in November, Tulane had a much weaker team (no Cornish or Sehic), UNC had even a better team (eventual national champs), and yet we held them to 20 points in the Dome (95-75). Before you rebut that we had a home-field advantage, we did not. There were more powder blue shirts than greenies at the game.
Home court advantage doesn’t just (or even mostly) come from fans in the stands. It’s a function of travel, comfort, familiarity with the arena, etc. but the reason we looked better in that game was that it was the first D1 game of the season for both teams. You really can’t compare that to a game at home in December after UNC has played a number of top teams.
netshorty
High Tide
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 pm

OUG wrote:
There isn’t a single team in the AAC that would go into Chapel Hill expecting to beat UNC there this year. They wouldn’t all expect to lose by 24, but not even Cincinnati or Wichita State fans would think they were going to win that game. Crazy to say that we play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Duke could maybe win there this year. Kansas possibly. It’s a short list. I don’t know how good you think Wichita state is, but no, they are not on that list.
You are right OUG. I think Cincy and Wichita St. could win there but they would obviously be underdogs and it wouldn't be expected. I was interested in this game as another measurement of how much we've improved. Definitely was not expecting a win. Some (maybe most) will disagree, but I felt it was a fair, good test to assess our competitiveness and improvement. When not judging purely on score (win/loss), it becomes very subjective as to whether they passed this test. I guess this is the reason for the debate.
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2865
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:41 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Ruski wrote:You guys act like expecting us to compete with other D1 schools is unheard of. You do realize we're no longer in the shitty C-USA? We play Wichita State, Cincinnati, Temple, Houston, UCF, SMU? Those teams expect to compete with UNC, they don't care what name is their jersey. We play in a conference with teams better than UNC. Losing by 20 points minutes into the game is unacceptable! Keep this up and we'll get kicked out of the AAC.
Expecting us to compete with outher D1 schools is acceptable. Expecting us to be competitive coming off a six win season, on the road against the defending national champions IS asking a bit much. I'm just sick of all the people who repeat over and over about how we've been down for decades, and then expect someone to wave their wand overnight and everything will be roses. Sorry to break it to you, but that's not how its going to happen.
I call BS. Perry Clark went into Freedom Hall and made a statement beating the Cards. That put Tulane basketball on the legitimate map. You don’t get there racking up home wins against nobodies. You beat a quality team on the road to gain respect. Once again many here revert to the Tulane low bar syndrome. We were much more competitive last year. This year was an embarrassment if you trying to accomplish anything.
Post Reply