Tulane beats Alcorn St. 81-65

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 7 on Wednesday and will be on CST locally, 1037, it will also be on ESPN3:

http://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2017/11 ... night.aspx

The article says they are picked 4th in the SWAC. Lindy's picked them to win it for what that's worth. The game is a Blue out. Hoping it will also be a blow out.
Last edited by winwave on Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

A little home cooking is helping the Wave.
42-29 at the half. Good crowd tonight.
Wave755
Tsunami

Final: Tulane 81, Alcorn St. 65
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Man I wish Cam had shot like that Sunday. He lite it up tonight.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

These thoughts are not all mine. Sometimes I ask my wife what she thinks (as President Trump would say, its good to have a view from a broad):
  • Yeah, we won by 16, but it didn't feel like a good win. We were up by either 21 or 23 and then sloppy play allowed the lead to slip.
  • Our ball handling in the second half was s-l-o-p-p-y. I don't know how many turnovers we had, but it was a lot. Passing was very poor.
  • Reynolds surpassed 1000 career points tonight. Didn't look like the same player from the GaSt game.
  • Koka had a big-time, Sportscenter type block near the end of the game. He also had an impressive rebound. He will be a defensive force.
  • Reginal Johnson, a foward from Alcorn (their best player), had a horrible fall within the first few minutes of the game. He suffered a compound fracture of the right leg with bone mass protuding through the skin. Very, very tough for the young man. I believe he was a SWAC pre-season candidate for player of the year. If he had remained in the game, it would have been a much tougher struggle.
  • Alcorn had a 5-7, 140 lb. player that looked great during warmups. I was hoping to see him in the game. At that size, he has to be good to make road trips.
  • If we had to have someone at the FT line with the season on the line, I would pick Sehic. He is smooth as silk.
  • On to NC. With our performance in the last two games, I fear that we will do well to keep the score within 20 points.
  • 1427 souls at the game. Nice attendance and a spirited bunch. Imagine if we should win at NC.
  • I call a technical foul on Frazier's new hairdo.
  • It was good to see Johnny Mancuso's dad back at the game. His father is a Tulane super-fan and has recently been in the hospital. He has been missed.
Last edited by GreenLantern on Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lurker123
Swell

Best student turnout this season and as good as any in last several seasons. Otherwise it's a win but play by most if not all was really bad in second half. Cornish did not have a good game and Ona Embo's passing was suspect. If Slater can pick up his defense, we may see alot more of him at PG.

On to UNC. It will be a double digit favorite. Let's see if Tulane elevates its performance over the past two games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer
Riptide

The play was sloppy in the second half but some of that may be attributed to being up by so much and having one of Alcorn's best players out of the game. It's easy to tell yourself to keep playing hard, but it's a lot tougher to make yourself believe it. One thing is sure, they won't have to deal with that issue in Chapel Hill.
netshorty
Surge

GreenLantern wrote:These thoughts are not all mine. Sometimes I ask my wife what she thinks (as President Trump would say, its good to have a view from a broad):
  • Yeah, we won by 16, but it didn't feel like a good win. We were up by either 21 or 23 and then sloppy play allowed the lead to slip.
  • Our ball handling in the second half was s-l-o-p-p-y. I don't know how many turnovers we had, but it was a lot. Passing was very poor.
  • Reynolds surpassed 1000 career points tonight. Didn't look like the same player from the GaSt game.
  • Koka had a big-time, Sportscenter type block near the end of the game. He also had an impressive rebound. He will be a defensive force.
  • Reginal Johnson, a foward from Alcorn (their best player), had a horrible fall within the first few minutes of the game. He suffered a compound fracture of the right leg with bone mass protuding through the skin. Very, very tough for the young man. I believe he was a SWAC pre-season candidate for player of the year. If he had remained in the game, it would have been a much tougher struggle.
  • Alcorn had a 5-7, 140 lb. player that looked great during warmups. I was hoping to see him in the game. At that size, he has to be good to make road trips.
  • If we had to have someone at the FT line with the season on the line, I would pick Sehic. He is smooth as silk.
  • On to NC. With our performance in the last two games, I fear that we will do well to keep the score within 20 points.
  • 1427 souls at the game. Nice attendance and a spirited bunch. Imagine if we should win at NC.
  • I call a technical foul on Frazier's new hairdo.
  • It was good to see Johnny Mancuso's dad back at the game. His father is a Tulane super-fan and has recently been in the hospital. He has been missed.
Good post. I didn't see the first half and didn't know about their top player going down (I don't think it was mentioned after halftime on the broadcast.) That does make it a little more concerning that we let them hang around a bit. Thank goodness Cam was hot. Hoping Frazier looks at the boxscore and sees that he's only shooting 25% from 3 with that hairdo and makes a change. Dare I say I was "embarrassed" for him :o ;)
galvezwave
Swell

anEngineer wrote:The play was sloppy in the second half but some of that may be attributed to being up by so much and having one of Alcorn's best players out of the game. It's easy to tell yourself to keep playing hard, but it's a lot tougher to make yourself believe it. One thing is sure, they won't have to deal with that issue in Chapel Hill.

Get a load of their big man, luke maye? Beast . Maybe let the Sudan boys try to maul him. That's 10 good fouls.
Jaxwave
Swell

Really hope to see less of Frazier's three pointers. I know he is supposed to be improved but I think he will revert back to form as a below average outside shooter.
Robert1969
Riptide

Jaxwave wrote:Really hope to see less of Frazier's three pointers. I know he is supposed to be improved but I think he will revert back to form as a below average outside shooter.
I don’t know the stat now, but before the GA State game he was shooting above 50% from three point land. I say give him the green light.
lurker123
Swell

Jaxwave wrote:Really hope to see less of Frazier's three pointers. I know he is supposed to be improved but I think he will revert back to form as a below average outside shooter.

Just curious. How many games have you seen Frazier play over his career? His frosh year he made 26% of his threes and 51% of his FTs. Last year he made 26% of his threes and 67% of his FTs. This partial season he has made 46% of his threes and 73% of his FTs.

He has dramatically improved his shooting technique and productivity through personal hard work and coaching. Unlike his frosh year, he now has a classic shooting form and the results demonstrate it. BTW he only needs to shoot 35% from threes to be more productive than a 50% shooter from twos which has always been the gold standard for an outstanding FG average.

Finally he is so quick that having even a decent outside shot opens up tremendous opportunities for his above average inside game because defenses have to respect it and can't lay off him to protect against the drive.

In short the main factor (if you could only pick one) for Tulane having matched last year's season victory total in November this year is Frazier's outside game. And you want him to stop it? Why don't you call Dunleavy on his radio show and ask him what he thinks Melvin should do.