Tulane embarrassed at Georgia State 70-59

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 11 on ESPN3. They are picked 6th in the Sunbelt in Lindy's publication.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GSU's two losses are to Prairie View and Ole Miss who is picked 12th in the SEC.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Should expect to win. Key will be limiting turnovers on the road.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Ice cold shooting by Tulane
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane leads 10-8 inspire of sluggish shooting. Full court pressure and zone defense by Ga St is baffling the Wave
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

So far it’s the worst half of basketball we’ve played this year. Lucky we’re play Georgia St.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Tulane trails 25-28. Cam Reynolds having his poorest game in recent memory.

Tulane has had two very long non-scoring droughts. Team cannot buy a 3 shooting 1 of 8.

We're lucky to be down by only 3 at the half.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Tulane trails 25-28. Cam Reynolds having his poorest game in recent memory.

Tulane has had two very long non-scoring droughts. Team cannot buy a 3 shooting 1 of 8.

We're lucky to be down by only 3 at the half.
Yep. Can’t hit the side of a barn in the first half. Still only down by 3 on the road. Need to pound it inside if the open look outside shots aren’t falling. And we have around 10 turnovers so far. Lucky they are shooting worst than us at 38%.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

What a couple clowns broadcasting this game on ESpN3...local guys, obviously, and biased.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:What a couple clowns broadcasting this game on ESpN3...local guys, obviously, and biased.
Sync up Graff!

I'm listening to Tulane IMG Sports Network on @TuneIn. #NowPlaying
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Houma de Wave wrote:What a couple clowns broadcasting this game on ESpN3...local guys, obviously, and biased.
Biased ain't the word for it. Just plain awful.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

Yeo. Not sure what is worse, the play-by-play or our zone offense.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Different Tulane team thane we've seen all year. Ice cold shooting.

Bodes poorly as a NC tuneup.
OUG
Riptide

Who could have predicted this might be a tough spot for us. But please, tell me again that they lost to Prairie View. I did take us moneyline in this game and am still hopeful. But Vegas was generally right in thinking this would be a test.
GreenLantern
Riptide

If Cam is having his typical game, we have a lead. Don't think he has a single FG
Last edited by GreenLantern on Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:Who could have predicted this might be a tough spot for us. But please, tell me again that they lost to Prairie View. I did take us moneyline in this game and am still hopeful. But Vegas was generally right in thinking this would be a test.
Only because we let it.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Paul fouls out. He had a terrible game.
netshorty
Surge

I'm not sure wtf they are teaching defensively. Forget that we're shooting like garbage, we can only hope and pray a team has an off night shooting because we give up the paint and the 3 pt line so easily.
RobertM320
Green Wave

29% from the field, 10% from three, and 14 turnovers, along with GSU shooting 42% from three. Recipe for disaster.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

We just need to get out of Atlanta and forget this game.

Rough weekend for the green people.
Show Me
Tsunami

Conroy-like Performance.
Whoever at Tulane that scheduled an 11am Sunday road game with a Sunbelt team should be fired. We’re obviously not into playing this game.
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:Who could have predicted this might be a tough spot for us. But please, tell me again that they lost to Prairie View. I did take us moneyline in this game and am still hopeful. But Vegas was generally right in thinking this would be a test.
Only because we let it.
I was taking that into account when I warned this would be tough. We hadn’t yet played a road game, it was a noon start on a Sunday, they play zone and we were due for a bad shooting night, and they were coming home after an embarrassing loss. I said we would be dogs and we were. I said we could struggle in this game and we are. This was entirely predictable but everyone got googley-eyed over a 5-0 start against teams that weren’t as good (from a ratings perspective) as this team. Again, predictable we would lay an egg here. You’re going to have bad games during a season and this is one of them.

Let’s finish strong and make this a game.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Reynolds can't buy a bucket. Everything's just rimming out, even layups. And we're just passing the ball around and throwing up threes again. Doesn't look like we're trying to run any kind of offense. If we keep pounding inside to Sehic, he can get to the foul line. I thought their big guy Sessions #23 would have fouled out already. Seems like he's been called for at least six fouls.
RobertM320
Green Wave

1-15 from 3 pt today. 6.7% Tough to win against anyone shooting like that.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:1-15 from 3 pt today. 6.7% Tough to win against anyone shooting like that.
We won’t beat Alcorn shooting that %.
Tulane Class of 1981