Exhibition or Not

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Robert1969
Riptide

Show Me
Tsunami

Robert1969 wrote:We beat this team:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... river_home
LSU didn't play with forward Aaron Epps against us. He scored 14pts last night. Second leading scorer behind Waters.
anEngineer
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:We beat this team:

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... river_home
LSU didn't play with forward Aaron Epps against us. He scored 14pts last night. Second leading scorer behind Waters.
Tulane played without Ray Ona Embo. In case you don't know, he plays for Tulane and is the starting point guard.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I wish it counted. But had it been real LSU would have likely had refused to play us at Fogelman. Probably at Smoothie King. Either way we beat them.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:I wish it counted. But had it been real LSU would have likely had refused to play us at Fogelman. Probably at Smoothie King. Either way we beat them.
I applaud Wade for playing us. He made no excuses and accurately explained how LSU could have played better. (Namely take the ball inside against Tulane all the time.) Maybe Wade wants a good relationship with MD as a longterm career investment? In basketball as in life, you can't have enough friends.

Regardless maybe this is a start for us to playing LSU again regularly and put away the Dale Brown/Joe Dean nonsense. Not playing only hurts the fans. It didn't stop Tulane from getting in a better basketball conference than LSU (at least this year.)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:I wish it counted. But had it been real LSU would have likely had refused to play us at Fogelman. Probably at Smoothie King. Either way we beat them.
I applaud Wade for playing us. He made no excuses and accurately explained how LSU could have played better. (Namely take the ball inside against Tulane all the time.) Maybe Wade wants a good relationship with MD as a longterm career investment? In basketball as in life, you can't have enough friends.

Regardless maybe this is a start for us to playing LSU again regularly and put away the Dale Brown/Joe Dean nonsense. Not playing only hurts the fans. It didn't stop Tulane from getting in a better basketball conference than LSU (at least this year.)
Yes. For sure. Would like to see the rivalry restarted.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU absolutely got crushed last night by ND 92-53.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:LSU absolutely got crushed last night by ND 92-53.
I watched. Game was not as close as score. Again read story by Advocate beat reporter posted online early this morning. No excuses from Wade. He is a straight up guy and refreshing change from others there who always threw the players and everyone else under the bus after a bad loss like that.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... ab5e0.html