Wonder What They're Saying Now

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:I too was there on December 1, 1-9-7-3, mid field just under the over hang. I’ve been to World Series 7th games, Superbowls, and NCAA Final Four championship games, and none of them compared to that night in Tulane Stadium—not even close. I still have my 45 rpm record of Ballad Of The Green Wave. “after all, look at the rankings, and the experts all agreed, but what they didn’t count on were mighty men in green. Roll Wave Roll show’em where it’s at, show your not afraid of those Bayou pussycats.” Never to be forgotten.
Of course I'll never forget that night but must admit I had forgot about the ballad. Hopefully someone will dig it up and post it here. 12-1-17 will be here soon.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:I too was there on December 1, 1-9-7-3, mid field just under the over hang. I’ve been to World Series 7th games, Superbowls, and NCAA Final Four championship games, and none of them compared to that night in Tulane Stadium—not even close. I still have my 45 rpm record of Ballad Of The Green Wave. “after all, look at the rankings, and the experts all agreed, but what they didn’t count on were mighty men in green. Roll Wave Roll show’em where it’s at, show your not afraid of those Bayou pussycats.” Never to be forgotten.
Same here. Nothing even comes close. Perhaps Tom Dempsey’s 63 yard FG would be a distant 2nd. That’s was another great Tulane Stadium moment I’ll always remember.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:
Same here. Nothing even comes close. Perhaps Tom Dempsey’s 63 yard FG would be a distant 2nd. That’s was another great Tulane Stadium moment I’ll always remember.

I to have been to some big games and events...but NOTHING comes close to to Tulane beating LSU in '73...the build up, the nite was electric and not just at the stadium, the whole city was alive..I was dating a young lady who was a UGA grad and fan, she happen to mention to her family back in Georgia, that I was dragging her to Tulane - LSU game...she was shocked at the reaction her family gave...they all wanted to be in NOLA and told her how lucky she was to have a ticket...i am lucky, that I was able to have the experience, North End Zone 25 rows from the field and just east of the goal post...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:

I to have been to some big games and events...but NOTHING comes close to to Tulane beating LSU in '73...the build up, the nite was electric and not just at the stadium, the whole city was alive..I was dating a young lady who was a UGA grad and fan, she happen to mention to her family back in Georgia, that I was dragging her to Tulane - LSU game...she was shocked at the reaction her family gave...they all wanted to be in NOLA and told her how lucky she was to have a ticket...i am lucky, that I was able to have the experience, North End Zone 25 rows from the field and just east of the goal post...
Absolutely correct. The more you describe where you sat we were right by each other.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
Of course I'll never forget that night but must admit I had forgot about the ballad. Hopefully someone will dig it up and post it here. 12-1-17 will be here soon.
I'll try to find my 45 rpm. I recently moved, so finding things is still a challenge. If I find it I will definitely upload it.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks. That would be great.