Tulane beats Fordham 63-55

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bigschtick
Riptide

galvezwave wrote:Good to play like ass and still win. I'll take it.

plus 1

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:

plus 1
would ya rather win by just 8 or lose by 8 ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

I'm reading this with some wry amusement. Some seem to forget this team won six games last year and was losing to one-bid Southland Conference teams. This weekend it beat MWC and A-10 teams and did it looking like a Top 20 team and then ugly.

As suggested above, do some of you miss losing? :D

It's only November but this team may be the first in twenty years that actually is truly competitive in conference. BTW AAC looks real strong in early going especially anywhere-anytime Temple.

Can't we just sit back and enjoy it without demeaning our own guys?
anEngineer
Riptide

lurker123 wrote:I'm reading this with some wry amusement. Some seem to forget this team won six games last year and was losing to one-bid Southland Conference teams. This weekend it beat MWC and A-10 teams and did it looking like a Top 20 team and then ugly.

It's only November but this team may be the first in twenty years that actually is truly competitive in conference. BTW AAC looks real strong in early going especially anywhere-anytime Temple.

There is no doubt that several on this site that not only miss losing but thrive on it. If not for bemoaning Tulane athletics, they have no other hobbies. They are clowns that offer no meaningful insight and are to be ignored or laughed at.
netshorty
Surge

lurker123 wrote:I'm reading this with some wry amusement. Some seem to forget this team won six games last year and was losing to one-bid Southland Conference teams. This weekend it beat MWC and A-10 teams and did it looking like a Top 20 team and then ugly.

Phew, wouldn't be a real thread without someone telling us how we should think, that we should censor our real views and adhere to the Stuart Smalley school of thought.
lurker123
Swell

netshorty wrote:

Phew, wouldn't be a real thread without someone telling us how we should think, that we should censor our real views and adhere to the Stuart Smalley school of thought.
Just curios. Do you have season tickets to MBB? Or is asking that telling you how to think?
RobertM320
Green Wave

netshorty wrote:
GreenLantern wrote:By far, the poorest play we've seen for the entire year yet we lead by 8
7pts at the under 8. Against a terrible Fordham team. Turned the ball over 17 times already.
Just in case you didn't catch it on the broadcast, the announcers specifically mentioned that Fordham is usually in the top five in the COUNTRY year after year in creating turnovers. So let's not just blame all the turnovers on us, give Fordham some credit as well. If we make the same number of turnovers against Miami OH, then we can worry some.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

lurker123 wrote:
netshorty wrote:

Just curios. Do you have season tickets to MBB? Or is asking that telling you how to think?
Not sure why that is relevant at all, unless you are also of the mindset that your opinion carries more weight because you are a Real fan, while I'm not. Because somehow being a season ticket holder is the only definition of a Real fan. Forgot that was mentioned on the football thread as well. I am not a season ticket holder. I guess it doesn't matter than I don't live in New Orleans.
lurker123
Swell

netshorty wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
netshorty wrote:

Not sure why that is relevant at all, unless you are also of the mindset that your opinion carries more weight because you are a Real fan, while I'm not. Because somehow being a season ticket holder is the only definition of a Real fan. Forgot that was mentioned on the football thread as well. I am not a season ticket holder. I guess it doesn't matter than I don't live in New Orleans.
It's directly relevant and most here would agree. Lots of posters here live out of town and still buy tickets. They attend when they can but they know it matters. What we do with our wallets and butts speaks volumes. Those are facts not judgments. Interesting that the "dissenters" who founded this forum to have an unfiltered voice have and continue to have always remained significant buyers of tickets.
netshorty
Surge

lurker123 wrote:
netshorty wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
netshorty wrote:

It's directly relevant and most here would agree. Lots of posters here live out of town and still buy tickets. They attend when they can but they know it matters. What we do with our wallets and butts speaks volumes. Those are facts not judgments. Interesting that the "dissenters" who founded this forum to have an unfiltered voice have and continue to have always remained significant buyers of tickets.
Gotcha. So you are indeed saying your voice is stronger because you are a season ticket holder. My donations through TAF over the years and the fact that I travel to attend at least one football and basketball game each year aren't as impressive as you being a season ticket holder. Sorry not buying it.
galvezwave
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

plus 1
I wasn't complaining at all. Estatic about the season so far.
netshorty
Surge

galvezwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

plus 1
that'll teach you to demean our team by referring to their play as ass. I personally thought they played a little worse than ass (if you can quantify that) but read your post as a positive, meaning it was nice to see that we could pull out a victory when we weren't playing our best. But I'm not a season ticket holder so don't go by what I think.
galvezwave
Swell

netshorty wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Bigschtick wrote:

plus 1
that'll teach you to demean our team by referring to their play as ass. I personally thought they played a little worse than ass (if you can quantify that) but read your post as a positive, meaning it was nice to see that we could pull out a victory when we weren't playing our best. But I'm not a season ticket holder so don't go by what I think.
Lol
RobertM320
Green Wave

I personally thought it was somewhat sloppy, but better than ass for sure. Fordham is usually in the top 5 in the country in steals. We outrebounded them by a sizeable margin and we still shot 45.7% from the floor. Many a game would have been won in the past 10 years if the team could have just shot 45.7%. We're spoiled by the over 50% after just 3 regular season games?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

lurker123 wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
Looks like 2 teams that spent the last 48 hours in Jamaica
I think it's closer to 96 hours for Tulane and I was thinking we had too much Bob Marley and needed Nico instead. Regardless to have a good season, you need to have bad wins against bad teams. I assume MD will put them through some hard practices before Miami of Ohio game Wednesday.

Anyway it's been a great weekend to be a Wave fan. Even VB team came through today.
It has been a great weekend for Wave fans everywhere.

But 96 hours from Friday afternoon to Sunday night? You count days the same way my boss counts days off!

:oops: :lol: :roll: :lol: :oops:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Houma de Wave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:I personally thought it was somewhat sloppy, but better than ass for sure. Fordham is usually in the top 5 in the country in steals. We outrebounded them by a sizeable margin and we still shot 45.7% from the floor. Many a game would have been won in the past 10 years if the team could have just shot 45.7%. We're spoiled by the over 50% after just 3 regular season games?
RobertM - You're on the mark, as usual. We're 4-0...and getting ready for Miami-Ohio Vice!!!!
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:I personally thought it was somewhat sloppy, but better than ass for sure. Fordham is usually in the top 5 in the country in steals. We outrebounded them by a sizeable margin and we still shot 45.7% from the floor. Many a game would have been won in the past 10 years if the team could have just shot 45.7%. We're spoiled by the over 50% after just 3 regular season games?
Love ass being the new measuring stick. I do think we'll be a little spoiled by our shooting percentage thus far as we go forward. I definitely think we're being spoiled by rebounding margin. If Dunleavy has turned these guys into high percentage shooters (especially Frazier - the kids on fire) than he is really coaching these guys up individually.

Here's where we stood last year (2016-17) on these important categories (357 teams) .
FG%: 40.5% (323rd)
3 FG%: 32.4% (292nd)
Rebound Margin: -3.9 (300th)

Defensive FG%: 47.1% (322nd)

Thus far after 4 games:
FG%: 53.4% (21st)
3 FG%: 43.9% (32nd)
Rebound Margin: +5.7 (113th)

Defensive FG%: 40.9% (142nd)
galvezwave
Swell

This will be how we gauge the basketball games from here on out. Y'all went to Tulane and are smarter than me , so let's come up with a level of ass. From large ass to medium ass to no ass ( perfect game)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

galvezwave wrote:This will be how we gauge the basketball games from here on out. Y'all went to Tulane and are smarter than me , so let's come up with a level of ass. From large ass to medium ass to no ass ( perfect game)
But wait! We would be remiss if we didn't mention one of our Athletics Supporters: Big Ass!

https://www.bigassfans.com
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

netshorty wrote:
Love ass being the new measuring stick. I do think we'll be a little spoiled by our shooting percentage thus far as we go forward. I definitely think we're being spoiled by rebounding margin. If Dunleavy has turned these guys into high percentage shooters (especially Frazier - the kids on fire) than he is really coaching these guys up individually.

Here's where we stood last year (2016-17) on these important categories (357 teams) .

Thus far after 4 games:

net, I wonder where we stood last year after the first four games? I have no doubt conference play will lower some of these numbers
Houma de Wave
Swell

galvezwave wrote:This will be how we gauge the basketball games from here on out. Y'all went to Tulane and are smarter than me , so let's come up with a level of ass. From large ass to medium ass to no ass ( perfect game)
Galvez: If you reside in Galvez, Mark me down as someone who knows very well where that is; hence, I know you’re as smart as any Tulane grad. Also, mark me down as mine will be one of the ass(es) sitting in Devlin on Wednesday night.
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
netshorty wrote:

Thus far after 4 games:

net, I wonder where we stood last year after the first four games? I have no doubt conference play will lower some of these numbers
1st 4 games were against better teams (UNC, SELA, Oklahoma, Arizona St.) so numbers weren't great starting out:
FG%: 40.1%
3 FG%: 38.0%
Rebound Margin: -2.5
RobertM320
Green Wave

Not sure how this was determined.
https://twitter.com/FSUHoops/status/932646453276704769
Guess its P5 bias again. Couldn't have a lesser school win the inaugural tournament.

http://seminoles.com/fsu-men-top-colora ... sic-title/
Wavetime
Swell

What a great post!! Let's sit back, watch this team improve and just soak it in!!! Love it!
galvezwave
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:
Galvez: If you reside in Galvez, Mark me down as someone who knows very well where that is; hence, I know you’re as smart as any Tulane grad. Also, mark me down as mine will be one of the ass(es) sitting in Devlin on Wednesday night.
Haha yes. The "town" , not the street in Nola