Oh what could have been...

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Re: Oh what could have been...

Postby tpstulane » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:Seriously. People want to say some people can't be happy but then want to play gotcha. Facts fall by the side. Fact is we don't have many true freshman playing. We have Dublin who plays ok overall but gets penalties at really bad times. Sample has played and made some plays. Johnson has played a little and not done much yet. Huderson plays very little. Keurschen plays but has clear limitations. Who else out of the 22 ?

This is true. Which will make us that much stronger next year as we'll have almost an entire class of RS FR that have an entire year in the system. So Fritz is being competitive with CJ's recruits, and statistically Fritz's current recruiting class is the best in at least 15 years, whether you want to believe it or not. So how is it possible we're not going in the right direction?

320 there you go again making something up to try and create an argument. Show me where I said we aren't going in the right direction. I simply posted the truth about who was playing and who wasn't THIS SEASON.

I wasn't referring to you, winwave, I'm referring to a lot of other posters on the board who have said on numerous occasions that we can't win with Fritz and that his recruiting sucks.

He did bring Banks in and that’s why we’re still alive for a bowl. Dublin from Jesuit has been a good get as well.

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981

winwave
Wild Pelican

Postby winwave » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:37 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:
winwave wrote:Seriously. People want to say some people can't be happy but then want to play gotcha. Facts fall by the side. Fact is we don't have many true freshman playing. We have Dublin who plays ok overall but gets penalties at really bad times. Sample has played and made some plays. Johnson has played a little and not done much yet. Huderson plays very little. Keurschen plays but has clear limitations. Who else out of the 22 ?

This is true. Which will make us that much stronger next year as we'll have almost an entire class of RS FR that have an entire year in the system. So Fritz is being competitive with CJ's recruits, and statistically Fritz's current recruiting class is the best in at least 15 years, whether you want to believe it or not. So how is it possible we're not going in the right direction?

320 there you go again making something up to try and create an argument. Show me where I said we aren't going in the right direction. I simply posted the truth about who was playing and who wasn't THIS SEASON.

I wasn't referring to you, winwave, I'm referring to a lot of other posters on the board who have said on numerous occasions that we can't win with Fritz and that his recruiting sucks.

Ok.

It's the facilities stupid!

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Postby tpstulane » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Need to set the record straight on Lindy Infante.
Just got off the phone with a former player that played for Larry Smith and was a senior in Larry’s final year. Lindy Infante left before Larry Smith actually left. Smith was mad about it as well. Infante left during spring ball in 1980 to take a job as OC for the Bengals. Cincinnati was very attractive to him because they had a great facility for special needs kids as Lindy had a special need kid. Larry Smith left Tulane shortly after in May 1980 to go to AZ. Months later Vince Gibson was hired as Infante had already settled in at Cincy. He wasn’t interested at that point. Now 1983 is a different story. Infante actually wanted the Tulane job and was in serious negotiations with Dr Hindman Wall. It was a Friday night and his NFL team was about to travel to play at San Francisco and he told Wall he wanted to think about it over the weekend after his game. Wall said that was fine. After the game he decided he wanted the job so he called Wall either Sunday night or Monday morning and Wall’s son answered the phone. He told Lindy his dad was in the living room offering the job to Wally English. Asked if he wanted to leave a message, Lindy replied no thanks. Bye.
And folks that’s exactly how it went down. This information came right from Lindy Infante.

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981