Houston Game Thread-SENIOR DAY

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Looking to carry the momentum forward:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... ea646.html
Last edited by winwave on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

He's BACK !!!! Chris Scelfo will be making his triumph return to "uptown" this week end

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... rJyjrolwLz
netshorty
Surge

Went to the UH game last year in Houston. Though we lost, I felt it was the best game played (and coached) all year. We outgained them passing, rushing, 1st downs, TOP, TO margin. Take away the muffed punt that UH recovered for a touchdown (big ask to just dismiss special teams), we went toe-to-toe against a very good UH team last year.

But for some reason we like playing UH in Houston rather than at home.
Last 2 times UH visited us:
2015 7-42
2011 17-73

Last 2 times we visited UH:
2016 18-30
2014 31-24 (W)
RobertM320
Green Wave

netshorty wrote:Went to the UH game last year in Houston. Though we lost, I felt it was the best game played (and coached) all year. We outgained them passing, rushing, 1st downs, TOP, TO margin. Take away the muffed punt that UH recovered for a touchdown (big ask to just dismiss special teams), we went toe-to-toe against a very good UH team last year.

2015 7-42
2011 17-73

2016 18-30
2014 31-24 (W)
Of course, each of the last two times they played here were during the last season of a coaching tenure. I think we were in the coaching search in 2011, and CJ was just about done when we played them in 2015.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:
netshorty wrote:Went to the UH game last year in Houston. Though we lost, I felt it was the best game played (and coached) all year. We outgained them passing, rushing, 1st downs, TOP, TO margin. Take away the muffed punt that UH recovered for a touchdown (big ask to just dismiss special teams), we went toe-to-toe against a very good UH team last year.

2015 7-42
2011 17-73

2016 18-30
2014 31-24 (W)
Of course, each of the last two times they played here were during the last season of a coaching tenure. I think we were in the coaching search in 2011, and CJ was just about done when we played them in 2015.
Maybe we can use that excuse again this time if we get throttled in our last two games.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I wish the best for all of the Seniors, may U be very successful in your chosen careers
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wasn't using it as an excuse, net, I was pointing out that in both cases the teams were really bad. We're nowhere near as bad as those two teams were.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
netshorty
Surge

RobertM320 wrote:Wasn't using it as an excuse, net, I was pointing out that in both cases the teams were really bad. We're nowhere near as bad as those two teams were.
gotcha. tongue-in-cheek on my end as I'm certain no matter the score these last two weeks that WF will not be shown the door. However, I would not be surprised if UH does hold serve on their thumping of us at home.
swampnik
Surge

golfnut69 wrote:He's BACK !!!! Chris Scelfo will be making his triumph return to "uptown" this week end

From UH FB site:
• A coach in the 2011 Pro Bowl and the 2013 Senior Bowl, Scelfo joined Atlanta after eight seasons as head coach of Tulane University, where he ended his tenure as the program’s second winningest coach of all-time. He guided Tulane through the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, earning ESPN’s Courage Award in the process.

• He is the only coach in Tulane history to win multiple bowl games and successfully graduated 75 percent of his players with 10 being drafted in the NFL including first-round quarterbacks J.P. Losman and Patrick Ramsey.

Still I give Coach Scelfo much respect for the year 2005 for his endurance and sang froid under pressure and how he recounted the events of the 2005 TU team in his book.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

swampnik wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:He's BACK !!!! Chris Scelfo will be making his triumph return to "uptown" this week end

From UH FB site:
• A coach in the 2011 Pro Bowl and the 2013 Senior Bowl, Scelfo joined Atlanta after eight seasons as head coach of Tulane University, where he ended his tenure as the program’s second winningest coach of all-time. He guided Tulane through the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, earning ESPN’s Courage Award in the process.

• He is the only coach in Tulane history to win multiple bowl games and successfully graduated 75 percent of his players with 10 being drafted in the NFL including first-round quarterbacks J.P. Losman and Patrick Ramsey.

Still I give Coach Scelfo much respect for the year 2005 for his endurance and sang froid under pressure and how he recounted the events of the 2005 TU team in his book.
The blame for the Katrina season and it's aftermath, are at the feet of SC and RD...the season was to be cancelled, and the players given an additional year of eligibility ...but as Lee Corso sez's.."not so fast, my friend' ....
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE