Wave win Battle of the Bottom Bowl II 31-24

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
torbida
Surge

They found a way to win that's all that matters.Kids haven't quit like the Toledo or CJ days.Glad my prediction thread was WRONG and I'll always be a fan and wave club member.Who wants to be a fan of the purple kitties and Walmart tyde anyway. Roll Wave

greenphantom
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:
greenphantom wrote:Thank goodness we win. Great stop by D. We still stink but at least we get a much needed win. ECU has really gone down since dropping Ruffin McNeill.
Really? Sorry ECU couldn’t pull this one out for you!
Not sure what you mean. I’m glad we won but ECU stinks right now. We just stink slightly less.
lurker123
Swell

Wavetrader wrote:Several on this site will be unhappy we covered.... Just sayin.... Roll Damn Win Wave.

THIS!!!! It's the post of the century.
swampnik
Surge

Exciting game! Banks sure does know how to carry the team on his shoulders when in do or die situations. This team as the grit and determination to make a bowl game yet in 2017. Ne lache pas la patate mes amis!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Eaglewave
Swell

We just beat a the worst ECU team I have seen in years on a goals line stop. I believe Fritz can win here, but I am ready for the season to end. We just don't look like we belong in the American Conference. Its embarrassing! We lost to A Sun Belt FIU team that lost to Old Dominion today. UAB brought back football this year and is 7-3. Why oh why can't we have anymore good stories to tell as Tulane fans in this era! I really expected Fritz to win 6 games this year and get us in a bowl game. I know some of you would rather sit home with a 3-9 record before playing in the O'Riley Auto Parts Bowl, but I want to see our kids play during the College Bowl season.

I hope we get it together next year.
Ball Sumrall!
waveclem
Surge

Did anyone really see the personal foul penalty that was called on Briggs in the 4th quarter? It was a chicken shit call at best. Briggs did nothing more then a little push to which the ECU guy responded with an even more violent push at which point the referee grabbed for his flag and then I jumped up and cheered. The ref was obviously throwing the flag on the Pirates I thought. No one should have been penalized on that play but if it must be someone it should have been on ECU as he was the one who retaliated.
wave97
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:AND, WAY TO GO SEAN WILSON!!!
+1
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

TP coverage Sunday print

Tulane FB conference win

LSU fall baseball practice got more ink
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wavetime
Swell

What has happened to our newspaper! I know times have changed and they sold out etc, but what has happened. When I was a kid we would get headlines! What a shame, no wonder the industry is falling apart. Every time I see poor coverage like this I'm glad I made the decision to stop getting the paper 10 years ago.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wavetime wrote:What has happened to our newspaper! I know times have changed and they sold out etc, but what has happened. When I was a kid we would get headlines! What a shame, no wonder the industry is falling apart. Every time I see poor coverage like this I'm glad I made the decision to stop getting the paper 10 years ago.
Its horrible really is. Smart move quiting it.
I have no idea why I keep getting it.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:Somebody has stolen my ID and is serving up bogus messages.
Maybe Stephen can help
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Good to have the win but not really happy or enthusiastic about where we are at this point. We should have won the FIU and Cincy
games that would have put us in a bowl. Uphill struggle with Houston and SMU. Overall, very disappointing season so far.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:TP coverage Sunday print
TPS, Thanks for posting this literally in black and white. WOW! The real power of the media is not "Fake News" or what they decide to print, it's what they choose not to. If nothing else, the exhibition win over LSU in MBB means something. If both teams have relatively decent seasons, we should keep beating that drum continuously. Not much, I know, but it's a reminder to these folks if they believe it's LSU is all that matters around here then they should acknowledge who around here beat them straight up in a game that mattered to all concerned even if the NCAA doesn't count it.
Houma de Wave
Swell

lurker123 wrote:
TPS, Thanks for posting this literally in black and white. WOW! The real power of the media is not "Fake News" or what they decide to print, it's what they choose not to. If nothing else, the exhibition win over LSU in MBB means something. If both teams have relatively decent seasons, we should keep beating that drum continuously. Not much, I know, but it's a reminder to these folks if they believe it's LSU is all that matters around here then they should acknowledge who around here beat them straight up in a game that mattered to all concerned even if the NCAA doesn't count it.

The TP is a losing rag (financially and editorially, just like most of the newspapers around the country). The only reason I hated giving it up 5-6 years ago was because the delivery guy and his family had been doing an outstanding job for over 30 years. Most get their news from the web and get to interpret it their own way...not the fake newspaper's.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane FB conference win

LSU fall baseball practice got more ink
And, by the way, Tim, we just don't have the George Sweeneys of the world doing yeoman's work in sports reporting any more. Them was the good ol' days when you could get the real story and get the amount of print you deserved.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:Wow, we converted a field goal.
We converted 3 a week ago, just not the one that mattered most. Walk on FG kicker.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Winning always beats the alternative. With all those teams at the top of the rankings losing we should be in the playoff hunt now.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Houma de Wave wrote:
And, by the way, Tim, we just don't have the George Sweeneys of the world doing yeoman's work in sports reporting any more. Them was the good ol' days when you could get the real story and get the amount of print you deserved.
Thanks Houma. I thought Tammy did a fine job when she was on the beat. She even did Fall Ball baseball stories for the Wave. The paper isn't really local anymore. The Saints and the Pels both take a back seat to LSU as well.
If you’re going to get a delivery go with The Advocate. Guerry does fine work. Scott also did solid work when he was on our beat.
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Houma de Wave wrote:
Thanks Houma. I thought Tammy did a fine job when she was on the beat. She even did Fall Ball baseball stories for the Wave. The paper isn't really local anymore. The Saints and the Pels both take a back seat to LSU as well.
If you’re going to get a delivery go with The Advocate. Guerry does fine work. Scott also did solid work when he was on our beat.
Agree on TheAdvocate. They won’t home-deliver in Houma.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Here's your box score for the game:

Total yards:
TU: 446
ECU: 389

Passing Yards:
TU: 121 yards- 11/19 completions for 110 yards, 0 tds, 2 ints
ECU: 228 yards- 25/52 completions for 228 yards, 1 td, 1 int (really tried to target our secondary)

Rushing Yards:
TU: 325 yards- Hilliard 28 carries for 189 yards, 2 tds, Banks 12 carries for 96 yards, 2 tds, Bradwell 6 for 24 yards, Badies 5 for 17 yards
ECU: 161 yards- Howe 14 for 108 yards 1 td, Scott 2 for 29 yards, Anderson 5 for 19 yards

Time of possession:
TU:34:11
ECU: 25:49

1st downs gained:
TU:22
ECU:24

Turnovers: (we gifted the ball to ECU 3x and still won on an ugly game. Maybe it was too cold for our boys?)
TU:3
ECU:1

3rd down conversion:
TU: 6-15
ECU:8-18

Penalties:
TU: 8 for 80 yards
ECU: 2 for 20 yards

Our boys won an ugly game in OT. It only took one OT and 1 4th n goal stop to bring home our second conference win and first road win of the year. We have to win out our last 2 games to be bowl eligible. WF notched his total season win totals from last year at 4 and improved his conference game wins by 1 win so far. Hopefully our boys finish strong and get 2 more victories to send us to a bowl game. Roll DAMN WAVE.
Jaxwave
Swell

It’s Tulane’s fault that the coverage is so bad. There is almost zero demand for Tulane athletic news, plain and simple.