Wave beats LIU Brooklyn 102-96

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bigschtick
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:This looks like one of the better Tulane basketball teams of the post Perry Clark era. We have depth and versatility. Many of the guys look much improved over a year ago. Cornish and Sehic are much better than Morgan and Smith. Ona Embo looks much better. Frazier worked on his outside shooting. Looks like they are running a real offense. Last 5 minutes of the LIU game were rough. Bad defense and poor shot selection. This team is worth watching and should at least double last year’s win total.

They are certainly looking better than last year. Dave, about start time, I was thinking the game was on the east coast, not in N.O.!
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Paul has improved, but Sehic’s inside presence and the ability to score from the outside is a fresh difference. Cam looked good as expected, but he’s not relied upon as much. We were good from the FT line or else we would have created our own trouble. Cornish is another dependable force.

Now, defensively...except for a few steals here and a blocked shot there...we’ve got a ton of work to do.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote:Paul has improved, but Sehic’s inside presence and the ability to score from the outside is a fresh difference. Cam looked good as expected and he’s not relied upon as much. We were good from the FT line or else we would have created our own trouble. Cornish is another dependable force.

Now, defensively...except for a few steals here and a blocked shot there...we’ve got a ton of work to do.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
netshorty
Surge

JerseyWave wrote:This looks like one of the better Tulane basketball teams of the post Perry Clark era. We have depth and versatility. Many of the guys look much improved over a year ago. Cornish and Sehic are much better than Morgan and Smith. Ona Embo looks much better. Frazier worked on his outside shooting. Looks like they are running a real offense. Last 5 minutes of the LIU game were rough. Bad defense and poor shot selection. This team is worth watching and should at least double last year’s win total.
I get the fact that we're quick to annoint this team as one of the better ones in recent years since we haven't had a good team in seamingly forever. So that really doesn't say that much. Sad really that doubling our win total from last year qualifies as one of the best since Clark was coach. However, I don't get the automatic assumption that we'll be that much better than last year. Truthfully, after 1 game in each of the last 2 seasons, I was much more impressed with our game against UNC last year than nearly choking away a game against a mediocre small conference opponent. The defense we play will lose us a large percentage of conference games even if we're having a good offensive night. But any slight off night offensively and we won't have any chance. I will say that the addition of Cornish and Sehic PLUS the subtraction of Morgan should make us better. But how much better? Last night wasn't a coming out party for sure.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DOMINATION BABY !!!!....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

netshorty wrote:
I get the fact that we're quick to annoint this team as one of the better ones in recent years since we haven't had a good team in seamingly forever. So that really doesn't say that much. Sad really that doubling our win total from last year qualifies as one of the best since Clark was coach. However, I don't get the automatic assumption that we'll be that much better than last year. Truthfully, after 1 game in each of the last 2 seasons, I was much more impressed with our game against UNC last year than nearly choking away a game against a mediocre small conference opponent. The defense we play will lose us a large percentage of conference games even if we're having a good offensive night. But any slight off night offensively and we won't have any chance. I will say that the addition of Cornish and Sehic PLUS the subtraction of Morgan should make us better. But how much better? Last night wasn't a coming out party for sure.
net I agree with your take. Though I think most have acknowledged that while we'll be more fun to watch b/c we have more options offensively than we have had in a long time we are not going to accomplish much if the defensive deficiencies aren't addressed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.