Wave beats LIU Brooklyn 102-96

User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2199
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Southern California
Status: Offline

Re: LIU Brooklyn Game Thread

Postby Bigschtick » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:08 am

JerseyWave wrote:This looks like one of the better Tulane basketball teams of the post Perry Clark era. We have depth and versatility. Many of the guys look much improved over a year ago. Cornish and Sehic are much better than Morgan and Smith. Ona Embo looks much better. Frazier worked on his outside shooting. Looks like they are running a real offense. Last 5 minutes of the LIU game were rough. Bad defense and poor shot selection. This team is worth watching and should at least double last year’s win total.




They are certainly looking better than last year. Dave, about start time, I was thinking the game was on the east coast, not in N.O.!
Last edited by Bigschtick on Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.


Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!

Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Wave beats LIU Brooklyn 102-96

Postby Houma de Wave » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:19 am

Paul has improved, but Sehic’s inside presence and the ability to score from the outside is a fresh difference. Cam looked good as expected, but he’s not relied upon as much. We were good from the FT line or else we would have created our own trouble. Cornish is another dependable force.

Now, defensively...except for a few steals here and a blocked shot there...we’ve got a ton of work to do.



Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Wave beats LIU Brooklyn 102-96

Postby Houma de Wave » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 am

Houma de Wave wrote:Paul has improved, but Sehic’s inside presence and the ability to score from the outside is a fresh difference. Cam looked good as expected and he’s not relied upon as much. We were good from the FT line or else we would have created our own trouble. Cornish is another dependable force.

Now, defensively...except for a few steals here and a blocked shot there...we’ve got a ton of work to do.



winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10689
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: Wave beats LIU Brooklyn 102-96

Postby winwave » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:50 am



It's the facilities stupid!

netshorty
Low Tide
Posts: 236
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:41 am
Status: Offline

Re: LIU Brooklyn Game Thread

Postby netshorty » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 pm

JerseyWave wrote:This looks like one of the better Tulane basketball teams of the post Perry Clark era. We have depth and versatility. Many of the guys look much improved over a year ago. Cornish and Sehic are much better than Morgan and Smith. Ona Embo looks much better. Frazier worked on his outside shooting. Looks like they are running a real offense. Last 5 minutes of the LIU game were rough. Bad defense and poor shot selection. This team is worth watching and should at least double last year’s win total.


I get the fact that we're quick to annoint this team as one of the better ones in recent years since we haven't had a good team in seamingly forever. So that really doesn't say that much. Sad really that doubling our win total from last year qualifies as one of the best since Clark was coach. However, I don't get the automatic assumption that we'll be that much better than last year. Truthfully, after 1 game in each of the last 2 seasons, I was much more impressed with our game against UNC last year than nearly choking away a game against a mediocre small conference opponent. The defense we play will lose us a large percentage of conference games even if we're having a good offensive night. But any slight off night offensively and we won't have any chance. I will say that the addition of Cornish and Sehic PLUS the subtraction of Morgan should make us better. But how much better? Last night wasn't a coming out party for sure.



golfnut69
Tsunami
Posts: 7093
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Re: Wave beats LIU Brooklyn 102-96

Postby golfnut69 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:51 pm

DOMINATION BABY !!!!....


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !

winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10689
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Re: LIU Brooklyn Game Thread

Postby winwave » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:40 pm

netshorty wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:This looks like one of the better Tulane basketball teams of the post Perry Clark era. We have depth and versatility. Many of the guys look much improved over a year ago. Cornish and Sehic are much better than Morgan and Smith. Ona Embo looks much better. Frazier worked on his outside shooting. Looks like they are running a real offense. Last 5 minutes of the LIU game were rough. Bad defense and poor shot selection. This team is worth watching and should at least double last year’s win total.


I get the fact that we're quick to annoint this team as one of the better ones in recent years since we haven't had a good team in seamingly forever. So that really doesn't say that much. Sad really that doubling our win total from last year qualifies as one of the best since Clark was coach. However, I don't get the automatic assumption that we'll be that much better than last year. Truthfully, after 1 game in each of the last 2 seasons, I was much more impressed with our game against UNC last year than nearly choking away a game against a mediocre small conference opponent. The defense we play will lose us a large percentage of conference games even if we're having a good offensive night. But any slight off night offensively and we won't have any chance. I will say that the addition of Cornish and Sehic PLUS the subtraction of Morgan should make us better. But how much better? Last night wasn't a coming out party for sure.


net I agree with your take. Though I think most have acknowledged that while we'll be more fun to watch b/c we have more options offensively than we have had in a long time we are not going to accomplish much if the defensive deficiencies aren't addressed.


It's the facilities stupid!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests