Tulane crushed by Memphis 56-26

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
beantownwave
Ripple
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:42 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Ok I’m going to bed on that. That’s the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen on a football field since we punted on 3rd down. Goodnight.


JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Has to be some of the worst tackling ever. Embarrassing! Weak!
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Every play more embarrassing than the last. RB can’t get knocked off his feet by about 8 Tulane defenders.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:19 pm

We stink. We don't have players & I don't see any compelling reason for anyone to get on board with this program. We're a team of perennial sh*tbirds.
But we have a very hip helmet decal! Isn't that special....
Last edited by wave97 on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17732
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:20 pm

greenphantom wrote:The OL under Bowden was way more talented than the one we have now. It wasn’t just the scheme. Teevans was not a good coach but he did recruit some good linemen.
The no huddle just wore defenses out.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1434
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:23 pm

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:The OL under Bowden was way more talented than the one we have now. It wasn’t just the scheme. Teevans was not a good coach but he did recruit some good linemen.
The no huddle just wore defenses out.
Tulane football has pretty much worn me out.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:26 pm

Perfect example of lack of athleticism.Read the play correctly but not athletic enough to make a routine play.
Last edited by Jaxwave on Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Wow. Their QB totally juked our LB to grab another TD.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1434
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:27 pm

Nice tackle by #57. Tulane athleticism on display again.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm

Hey everybody, our team GPA is higher than theirs!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17732
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:The OL under Bowden was way more talented than the one we have now. It wasn’t just the scheme. Teevans was not a good coach but he did recruit some good linemen.
The no huddle just wore defenses out.
Tulane football has pretty much worn me out.
:mrgreen: good one!
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 pm

It's good that that is finally over, but, because no one realistically expected this to be a win for Tulane, it does not change much.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1255
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:33 pm

tpstulane wrote:
greenphantom wrote:The OL under Bowden was way more talented than the one we have now. It wasn’t just the scheme. Teevans was not a good coach but he did recruit some good linemen.
The no huddle just wore defenses out.
Tommy Bowden had the good judgment of hiring "The Emory Bellard" of the of the zone read from division III Grand Valley State. The 1997 & 1998 seasons were an anomaly where the pieces were in place to shock opponents with a brand new scheme. We weren't particularly talented in 1998. Where's the next Rich Rod? Or, where's the next recruiting wizard?
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:35 pm

Tackling drills
More tryouts for an Xtra point kicker
Practice Center to QB exchange
Script a passing play for the opening drive

Recruit talent! I’m sick of this under the radar, under recruited players. Step it up!
Where’s the plans for the Performance Center!
Jaxwave
Surge
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:14 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm

All good points. It becomes clearer each year that Tulane administration has no commitment to athletics.
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3069
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:39 pm

HoustonWave wrote:Nice tackle by #57. Tulane athleticism on display again.
That play is pretty much the epitome of this team and season.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17732
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:45 pm

11th straight loss to Memphis and 44th straight loss to a ranked team. That just about says it all.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 3824
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: New Jersey
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 pm

Jaxwave wrote:All good points. It becomes clearer each year that Tulane administration has no commitment to athletics.

That’s BS! There’s no indication that’s the case with The Board, Fitts or Dannen. More money is being pumped into Football than ever. We have Junior College players. Academics aren’t holding us back. Lots of damage was done by the Cow/Dick years. Our Coach runs a system that has set offensive football back 50 years. He doesn’t have a recruiter on his staff. Long way to go, but I can’t blame Fitts or Dannen yet. Next year Fritz has to be on the hot seat to show results.
Wavetime
Swell
Posts: 1133
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:58 pm

JerseyWave wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:All good points. It becomes clearer each year that Tulane administration has no commitment to athletics.

That’s BS! There’s no indication that’s the case with The Board, Fitts or Dannen. More money is being pumped into Football than ever. We have Junior College players. Academics aren’t holding us back. Lots of damage was done by the Cow/Dick years. Our Coach runs a system that has set offensive football back 50 years. He doesn’t have a recruiter on his staff. Long way to go, but I can’t blame Fitts or Dannen yet. Next year Fritz has to be on the hot seat to show results.

We just don't have the athletes, period. You can point to many different things,,,,we don't have the athletes,,,,yet! I do think WF will succeed, but with so many years of losing it will take time.
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1231
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:04 pm

JV coach, JV results.

1.2 million dollars well spent
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1676
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Wavetime wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:All good points. It becomes clearer each year that Tulane administration has no commitment to athletics.

That’s BS! There’s no indication that’s the case with The Board, Fitts or Dannen. More money is being pumped into Football than ever. We have Junior College players. Academics aren’t holding us back. Lots of damage was done by the Cow/Dick years. Our Coach runs a system that has set offensive football back 50 years. He doesn’t have a recruiter on his staff. Long way to go, but I can’t blame Fitts or Dannen yet. Next year Fritz has to be on the hot seat to show results.

We just don't have the athletes, period. You can point to many different things,,,,we don't have the athletes,,,,yet! I do think WF will succeed, but with so many years of losing it will take time.
Fritz certainly will not be fired in the offseason no matter how the rest of the season plays out, but, if it will take time for him to show results, how much time should he have if he does not reach 6 wins this year? He can't have forever and CJ only had 4 years which included a bowl season in year 2.
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1231
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:06 pm

Look at the bright side. When we do finally win a game this season I’m sure our players will lift up Fritz in the locker room for another photo
User avatar
msdos
Swell
Posts: 1231
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Best part is we have nothing to look forward to. Dunleavey will sh*t the bed again and our baseball coach is in Starkville
nowave
Ripple
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 pm

terrible performance from a terribly coached team. you cant expect to win when your opponent gains nearly 400 yards of offense halfway through the second quarter and your offense only puts up 20.
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 2620
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:27 pm

Wavetime wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:
Jaxwave wrote:All good points. It becomes clearer each year that Tulane administration has no commitment to athletics.

That’s BS! There’s no indication that’s the case with The Board, Fitts or Dannen. More money is being pumped into Football than ever. We have Junior College players. Academics aren’t holding us back. Lots of damage was done by the Cow/Dick years. Our Coach runs a system that has set offensive football back 50 years. He doesn’t have a recruiter on his staff. Long way to go, but I can’t blame Fitts or Dannen yet. Next year Fritz has to be on the hot seat to show results.

We just don't have the athletes, period. You can point to many different things,,,,we don't have the athletes,,,,yet! I do think WF will succeed, but with so many years of losing it will take time.
+1, the game reminded me of a Toledo era game against Tulsa, we were "out athleted" at almost every position tonight made plain by our complete inability to make tackles even with on some downs 7 players having a shot.
Post Reply