Line Opens Memphis 10.5 pts. > Tulane – The Spread Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Wave755
Tsunami

Spread Opens Memphis 10.5 pts. > Wave (Rotation nos. 113-114 for Vegas Sheet).

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/

Memphis (6-1, 3-1 AAC) “body of work” to date:

1) 8/31 – Memphis 37, UL-M 29;;
2) 9/16- Memphis 48, UCLA 45;
3) 9/23 – Memphis 44, So. Illinois 31;
4) 9/30 – UCF 40, Memphis 13;
5) 10/6 – Memphis 70, UCONN 31;
6) 10/14 – Memphis 30, Navy 27;
7) 10/19 – Memphis 42, Houston 38.

Under Toledo or CJ this Memphis team would be a 28.5 pt. favorite; at least this spread shows WF & the Wave some respect.

Aberzombie1892
Swell

Tulane's comeback likely played a big role in this spread being so low. Personally, I would be reluctant to back Tulane on the road with what happened with FIU.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I really don't like these Thurs and Fri games for conference games. Once again, we get the short end. Would it be asking too much to make sure that both teams in a Thurs or Fri game played on Sat the week before? We get six days to prepare, Memphis gets 8, because they played on Thursday, and we're the road team, so we lose a day to travel as well.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:I really don't like these Thurs and Fri games for conference games. Once again, we get the short end. Would it be asking too much to make sure that both teams in a Thurs or Fri game played on Sat the week before? We get six days to prepare, Memphis gets 8, because they played on Thursday, and we're the road team, so we lose a day to travel as well.
Big advantage and difficult to overcome.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote:I really don't like these Thurs and Fri games for conference games. Once again, we get the short end. Would it be asking too much to make sure that both teams in a Thurs or Fri game played on Sat the week before? We get six days to prepare, Memphis gets 8, because they played on Thursday, and we're the road team, so we lose a day to travel as well.
I would not constitute a 90 minute flite as a day lost...Hell as far as I am concerned fly in Friday mid day...fly back after the game...it ain't goin' to make any difference int the outcome

on a side note, I think the "line" will increase...this is going to be a nasty game against " Prop 48 U "
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

O/U 66 - Vegas thinks some points will be scored on Saturday.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
I would not constitute a 90 minute flite as a day lost...Hell as far as I am concerned fly in Friday mid day...fly back after the game...it ain't goin' to make any difference int the outcome

on a side note, I think the "line" will increase...this is going to be a nasty game against " Prop 48 U "
90 minutes is putting it very generously. More around the likes of 45 minute. I wouldn't be surprised if they took a bus.