USF Game Day Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Pepper
Swell

Hats off to the coaching staff. We don't have 1/2 the talent nor the athletic ability USF has and we damm near won this thing. I think UCF will kill USF.

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Too many empty seats for sure. The SW corner was literally completely empty the entire game.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Pepper wrote:Hats off to the coaching staff. We don't have 1/2 the talent nor the athletic ability USF has and we damm near won this thing. I think UCF will kill USF.
Agreed, because just as everyone talks about us, USF can't pass all that well. They were 10/24 tonight for 127 yards.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
nowave
Ripple

a couple of big plays at the end of this game made it way closer than it really was. glad the kids battled but this coaching staff is going to make it hard for us to win much. fritz’s offense is truly abysmal. it might work at the high school level but it wont win many games in fbs
Jaxwave
Swell

15 years of Cowdick and 60 years of predominantly losing will erode a fan base. Generations of lost fans.
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote:We’re still suffering the effects of the disastrous Cowen era. He did extensive damage to the university, while our Board Of Trustees sat by and watched for over 15 years.
Cowen blamed the Superdome for our chronically poor attendance which he said would be remedied by a small on-campus stadium. Remember the "mythical 5,000 Uptowners" who would walk to games for a small on-campus stadium?

The Superdome was never our problem. Cowen for 16 years was our problem. Under Bowden/RR not one person complained about the Superdome.

And, the 90% empty Westfeldt Terrace is a disgrace. Apparently almost everyone who had Westfeldt Terrance season ticket seats for 2014 has as of now not renewed.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

JerseyWave wrote:Impressed that this could have turned into a laugher but Tulane kept fighting.

1. Have to close the talent gap through recruiting.
2. Hilliard is a great one and has an impressive highlight reel to show the NFL scouts.
3. Seems everytime Banks extends the play and it only gives more time for someone on the offense to commit a penalty.
4. I didn't agree with any of Fritz's attempts with the on side kick.
5. The refs were terrible for both sides.
6. #21 still can't cover.
7. Tulane could win every game or lose every game remaining on the schedule. But there are definitely 3 wins for the taking to become bowl eligible.
8. Now that the Angry Wave is up on the scoreboard Dannen has got to get the Performance Center project moving. Show us the plans.
9. Too many empty seats at Yulman......15 years of Cow/Dick eroded the fan base down to nothing.
+1,000 on all of your nine points. Given the huge talent gap, you got to give it to WF and his staff for keeping it this close, and potentially winning it except for the 3 TDs that the refs micro managed away. I am confident that we can win any game remaining on our schedule, with next week being the toughest.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: I am confident that we can win any game remaining on our schedule, with next week being the toughest.
I agree. Memphis away will definitely be hardest. So we need to remember not to write the season off if we lose next Friday and we're 3-5. There's still 3 wins there for the taking in those last 4 games.
Wave755
Tsunami

And, I liked the blocked extra point and field goal. WF and his staff must have picked something up on the films of USF. Scrappy play.
Last edited by Wave755 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:Our O line is completely outclassed bybtheir D line. Our O line may be small, but we’re slow.
The O-Line is horrific and there is no end in sight for that issue.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:
HoustonWave wrote:USF has vastly more talent.
100%! Plus Fritz should hire a passing game coordinator.
He needs to hire an OC and turn the offense over to him. That won't happen though.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

JerseyWave wrote:Hilliard is an absolute stud!
He is and we are really gong to miss him.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:By having zero runs on the pitch outside WF is saying we can't possibly get to the edge on this team? Triple option, what triple option?
Banks can't run it so we don't run it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote:And once again, our special teams are a clown act. I guess we don’t have to worry about anyone hiring our coach anytime soon.
A couple of blocked kicks tonight otherwise our ST's do nothing for us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Banks 9/19, 221 yds and 2 TDs, 1 INT 461 total yds of offense, USF with 505, including 378 on ground.

Flowers was only 10/24 passing 127 yds. So it seems like they're able to be a top ten team yet they don't pass well.
They aren't a top ten team. They may drop after tonight. They will drop before the season is over. Flowers is special . We don't have anything close to that. You have to have some balance. We don't and we suffer for it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote:Too many empty seats for sure. The SW corner was literally completely empty the entire game.
Most of the stadium was empty. The NE corner was empty. Westfldt was empty. Glazer was empty.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote:Class move by Coach Strong to go to victory formation rather than score a garbage TD to impress the pollsters.
Nothing classy at all. He did the smart thing to win the game. Why risk a fumble in that situation. He should have took two kneels prior to that.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Banks 9/19, 221 yds and 2 TDs, 1 INT 461 total yds of offense, USF with 505, including 378 on ground.

Flowers was only 10/24 passing 127 yds. So it seems like they're able to be a top ten team yet they don't pass well.
They aren't a top ten team. They may drop after tonight. They will drop before the season is over. Flowers is special . We don't have anything close to that. You have to have some balance. We don't and we suffer for it.
Don’t think they really got up for us. It’s hard to tell. They coasted and called off the dogs after going up by 27 points.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:Too many empty seats for sure. The SW corner was literally completely empty the entire game.
Most of the stadium was empty. The NE corner was empty. Westfldt was empty. Glazer was empty.
Last week’s loss took care of that.
GreenLantern
Riptide

winwave wrote:
Well, there was one spot that wasn't empty. Section 121 was 90+% filled and that was with mostly USF fans. I really like my seats but tonight was the end of the line. When you're the home team yet every fan for several rows is a drunken millennial from the visiting team, there's little joy in being a Tulane fan. At away games, you expect being the sole fan wearing green... perhaps embrace it. During the first season at Yulman, you would see no more than one or two visiting fans in this section. Now there are hardly any Tulane fans. A losing football program and poor marketing are to blame for this.

I thought I could grit out Tulane's propensity for losing as long as I was seated with other like-minded and long-suffering season ticket holders. However these folks have all gotten smart and left. All but me. I think I exceeded my pain tolerance tonight.

But anyway, the post-game fireworks were cool. The USF fans looked a little confused about this extravagant display as if wondering, "what do you guys do when you win?"
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

nowave wrote:a couple of big plays at the end of this game made it way closer than it really was. glad the kids battled but this coaching staff is going to make it hard for us to win much. fritz’s offense is truly abysmal. it might work at the high school level but it wont win many games in fbs
I can't really fault Fritz for tonight's offense. There was not one offensive snap where Banks was not running for his dear life. They have penetration on EVERY offensive play where we tried to pass. Can you really have much of an offense when they were in the backfield on almost every play? What I can blame Fritz for tonight was the sloppiness of the team on penalties (3 tds called back) and the tackling. I counted around 16 missed tackles tonight.

Ps. On the bright side, the angry wave looks good and the fireworks were a good touch, but not after when you lose.
galvezwave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote:
winwave wrote:
Well, there was one spot that wasn't empty. Section 121 was 90+% filled and that was with mostly USF fans. I really like my seats but tonight was the end of the line. When you're the home team yet every fan for several rows is a drunken millennial from the visiting team, there's little joy in being a Tulane fan. At away games, you expect being the sole fan wearing green... perhaps embrace it. During the first season at Yulman, you would see no more than one or two visiting fans in this section. Now there are hardly any Tulane fans. A losing football program and poor marketing are to blame for this.

I thought I could grit out Tulane's propensity for losing as long as I was seated with other like-minded and long-suffering season ticket holders. However these folks have all gotten smart and left. All but me. I think I exceeded my pain tolerance tonight.

But anyway, the post-game fireworks were cool. The USF fans looked a little confused about this extravagant display as if wondering, "what do you guys do when you win?"
There's no market for the product we put on the field.