Tulane kicks LSU's ass 84-74

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:37 pm

In basketball on Halloween night at Fogelman for hurricane relief :

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1afa8.html
Last edited by winwave on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.


Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 pm

winwave wrote:In basketball on Halloween night at Fogelman for hurricane relief :

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1afa8.html
Taking the reporter at face value, it's a credit to LSU and its new coach Wade for reaching out to Tulane to do this and moreover for scheduling it at Devlin.

Rivalries matter. They ignite fan interest and this certainly qualifies. I guess Wade has not drunk the Kool-Aid and does not subscribe to the beggar thy neighbor stuff that has now seemed to permeate LSU MBB since Brown and football since Bertman retired.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:40 pm

They have scrimmaged each other quite a bit in the past it’s time to play for real again. LSU plays Houston all the time and Memphis occasionally no reason they can’t play us.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 pm

I hope it draws well and raises a lot of money but being on Halloween night I seriously doubt that will happen.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:53 am

winwave wrote:I hope it draws well and raises a lot of money but being on Halloween night I seriously doubt that will happen.
Yep. Especially if you have kids or grandkids that want to trick or treat on Halloween.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:I hope it draws well and raises a lot of money but being on Halloween night I seriously doubt that will happen.
Yep. Especially if you have kids or grandkids that want to trick or treat on Halloween.
You can do both with a little planning. Sunset is about 615pm even with CDT. Exhibition tipoff is at 7:30pm. Do your trick or treating uptown whether you live near campus or not. Exhibition starts at 730pm. That gives you an hour plus to hit the street. My little kids barely lasted that and usually well less than an hour worked well for all concerned.

Let's customize this. How about ringing the doorbells and eating the NIMBY stuff on Audubon Blvd before the game? You can even wear your Tulane gear and thank them for living so near to campus so you can visit with them and then easily head off to the exhibition which is a five minute walk away from Yulman NIMBY Central. :mrgreen:
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46 am

Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:49 am

winwave wrote:Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
Yep. Try telling a little girl she can’t trick or treat in her neighborhood with her friends but she has to go an hour away to meet strangers in New Orleans. Tulane should at least put candy out for any kids that do go to the game.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell
Posts: 1300
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:01 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:52 am

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
Yep. Try telling a little girl she can’t trick or treat in her neighborhood with her friends but she has to go an hour away to meet strangers in New Orleans. Tulane should at least put candy out for any kids that do go to the game.
Sorry, guys. You want to go to the exhibition or don't you? You can work the problem and chant "G. T. H..., LSU" or you bemoan your fate. Guess where my family and I will be at 730pm and it won't be Audubon Blvd?
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 7828
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Online

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:05 pm

I have called the Russians...they will be purchasing TV, Radio and Print media advertising, advising Halloween has been cancelled for the good of the emotional and mental health of children of all ages !!!....However Mister GOODbars and Almond JOY's will be available fee at the game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:52 pm

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
Yep. Try telling a little girl she can’t trick or treat in her neighborhood with her friends but she has to go an hour away to meet strangers in New Orleans. Tulane should at least put candy out for any kids that do go to the game.
Sorry, guys. You want to go to the exhibition or don't you? You can work the problem and chant "G. T. H..., LSU" or you bemoan your fate. Guess where my family and I will be at 730pm and it won't be Audubon Blvd?
Want to go but not going to be so selfish and self centered as to push my child's wishes and desires to the side.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:07 pm

Concerning gotula.net, we have no problem finding things about which to disagree.

Halloween and trick-or-treating? Check.
We didn't run the ball enough against FIU. Check.
We ran the ball too much against FIU. Check.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:15 pm

GreenLantern wrote:Concerning gotula.net, we have no problem finding things about which to disagree.

Halloween and trick-or-treating? Check.
We didn't run the ball enough against FIU. Check.
We ran the ball too much against FIU. Check.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Making this no different than any other fan forum.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
BC Wave
Surge
Posts: 800
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Wave up 37-29 at the half
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 1629
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:08 pm

I was trick-or-treating with the grandkids. What kind of crowd? Score updates?
Houma de Wave
Swell
Posts: 1324
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:32 pm

Oh, well, we beat LSU, 84-74.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:32 pm

Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:38 pm

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the updates.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:03 pm

winwave wrote:Glad to hear it. Thanks for the updates.
Driving home now will give an update later.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide
Posts: 2676
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:45 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:17 pm

tpstulane wrote:Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Does this game count or just an exhibition?
Wavetime
Swell
Posts: 1136
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:35 pm

What great news! I love beating those guys in anything!!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:36 pm

Robert1969 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Does this game count or just an exhibition?
Doesn’t count
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 17862
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:39 pm

We’re better. We need work on rebounding. LSU killed us with second chance shots but they couldn’t covert.
We played a lot of freshman for a lot of minutes.
We’re improved for sure but LSU was really bad no shooters.
If we played them 10 times would beat them at least eight out of 10 they way they played tonight. I see why they were picked last in the SEC.
I was impressed with freshman guards especially Daniels. Barrett held his own. Handles the ball well.
Cornish is the real deal. Very physical. Cam had a good night as did Sehic. Overall I’d give us a B. In the league we will have trouble with the bigger teams. Our freshman big men are big projects.
Reyes and Embo didn’t play. I believe they had class. Frazier struggled missed a lot of easy baskets inside.
LSU didn’t play Alexander, Combs and Epps
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12268
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:43 pm

Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to make it.
Yulman is where Tulane athletics went to be buried! Tulane is small time for all time. It's time to put Tulane athletics in it's small space in life.
Post Reply