Tulane kicks LSU's ass 84-74

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In basketball on Halloween night at Fogelman for hurricane relief :

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1afa8.html
Last edited by winwave on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
lurker123
Swell

winwave wrote:In basketball on Halloween night at Fogelman for hurricane relief :

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/ ... 1afa8.html
Taking the reporter at face value, it's a credit to LSU and its new coach Wade for reaching out to Tulane to do this and moreover for scheduling it at Devlin.

Rivalries matter. They ignite fan interest and this certainly qualifies. I guess Wade has not drunk the Kool-Aid and does not subscribe to the beggar thy neighbor stuff that has now seemed to permeate LSU MBB since Brown and football since Bertman retired.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

They have scrimmaged each other quite a bit in the past it’s time to play for real again. LSU plays Houston all the time and Memphis occasionally no reason they can’t play us.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I hope it draws well and raises a lot of money but being on Halloween night I seriously doubt that will happen.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I hope it draws well and raises a lot of money but being on Halloween night I seriously doubt that will happen.
Yep. Especially if you have kids or grandkids that want to trick or treat on Halloween.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:I hope it draws well and raises a lot of money but being on Halloween night I seriously doubt that will happen.
Yep. Especially if you have kids or grandkids that want to trick or treat on Halloween.
You can do both with a little planning. Sunset is about 615pm even with CDT. Exhibition tipoff is at 7:30pm. Do your trick or treating uptown whether you live near campus or not. Exhibition starts at 730pm. That gives you an hour plus to hit the street. My little kids barely lasted that and usually well less than an hour worked well for all concerned.

Let's customize this. How about ringing the doorbells and eating the NIMBY stuff on Audubon Blvd before the game? You can even wear your Tulane gear and thank them for living so near to campus so you can visit with them and then easily head off to the exhibition which is a five minute walk away from Yulman NIMBY Central. :mrgreen:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
Yep. Try telling a little girl she can’t trick or treat in her neighborhood with her friends but she has to go an hour away to meet strangers in New Orleans. Tulane should at least put candy out for any kids that do go to the game.
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:Lurker thanks but this is where you are too much of an apologist. It's Halloween and that's a celebration in this town. Like I said I hope they end up packing the place but I doubt it. It would be great if they moved it up a night to the 30th.
Yep. Try telling a little girl she can’t trick or treat in her neighborhood with her friends but she has to go an hour away to meet strangers in New Orleans. Tulane should at least put candy out for any kids that do go to the game.
Sorry, guys. You want to go to the exhibition or don't you? You can work the problem and chant "G. T. H..., LSU" or you bemoan your fate. Guess where my family and I will be at 730pm and it won't be Audubon Blvd?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I have called the Russians...they will be purchasing TV, Radio and Print media advertising, advising Halloween has been cancelled for the good of the emotional and mental health of children of all ages !!!....However Mister GOODbars and Almond JOY's will be available fee at the game
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

lurker123 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Sorry, guys. You want to go to the exhibition or don't you? You can work the problem and chant "G. T. H..., LSU" or you bemoan your fate. Guess where my family and I will be at 730pm and it won't be Audubon Blvd?
Want to go but not going to be so selfish and self centered as to push my child's wishes and desires to the side.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Concerning gotula.net, we have no problem finding things about which to disagree.

Halloween and trick-or-treating? Check.
We didn't run the ball enough against FIU. Check.
We ran the ball too much against FIU. Check.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote:Concerning gotula.net, we have no problem finding things about which to disagree.

Halloween and trick-or-treating? Check.
We didn't run the ball enough against FIU. Check.
We ran the ball too much against FIU. Check.
Etc. Etc. Etc.
Making this no different than any other fan forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BC Wave
Swell

Wave up 37-29 at the half
GreenLantern
Riptide

I was trick-or-treating with the grandkids. What kind of crowd? Score updates?
Houma de Wave
Swell

Oh, well, we beat LSU, 84-74.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the updates.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Glad to hear it. Thanks for the updates.
Driving home now will give an update later.
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Does this game count or just an exhibition?
Wavetime
Swell

What great news! I love beating those guys in anything!!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Robert1969 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Does this game count or just an exhibition?
Doesn’t count
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We’re better. We need work on rebounding. LSU killed us with second chance shots but they couldn’t covert.
We played a lot of freshman for a lot of minutes.
We’re improved for sure but LSU was really bad no shooters.
If we played them 10 times would beat them at least eight out of 10 they way they played tonight. I see why they were picked last in the SEC.
I was impressed with freshman guards especially Daniels. Barrett held his own. Handles the ball well.
Cornish is the real deal. Very physical. Cam had a good night as did Sehic. Overall I’d give us a B. In the league we will have trouble with the bigger teams. Our freshman big men are big projects.
Reyes and Embo didn’t play. I believe they had class. Frazier struggled missed a lot of easy baskets inside.
LSU didn’t play Alexander, Combs and Epps
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to make it.