Tulane kicks LSU's ass 84-74

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Thanks for the report. Glad you were able to make it.
The late start helped for sure. No kids were at the game. Crowd was 70-30 Tulane and 3/4’s full.
I believe both schools benefited from this exhibition.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just saw this stat.
LSU was 28-for-77 (.364) shooting on the night, including 4-for-24 (.167) beyond the arc. They owned a 42-34 scoring advantage in the paint and a 12-2 edge in second chance points.
They shot terrible. Missed a lot of open looks.
At half LSU had 30 rebounds to our 19
But 14 offensive rebounds to our 0
Tulane Class of 1981
Robert1969
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:Wave wins 84-74 best team won.
Does this game count or just an exhibition?
Doesn’t count
Well, that leads to a follow-up question. Was LSU playing their starters or were they treating this like the Saints treat pre-season games?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Robert1969 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Doesn’t count
Well, that leads to a follow-up question. Was LSU playing their starters or were they treating this like the Saints treat pre-season games?
No both teams played to win. LSU just shot horrible. They killed us on the boards though.
We had 0 offensive rebounds in the first half.
LSU out rebounded us 48-39, but 19-3 on the offensive boards.

Story and a bunch of pics:
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... obile_home
Tulane Class of 1981
lurker123
Swell

Cornish to me was most impressive Tulane player tonight. He played a very solid game and really complimented Reynolds well. I know we have had comments that at Bro Martin and UNLV, he was bulky and slow. Perhaps in the past but after sitting out a year, he is now neither overweight nor slow. He moved very well in all parts of his game. I expect he will be a major contributor to this team.
sader24
Tsunami

If he is playing at the right weight he is an extremely talented player and deserving of his ranking when he came out of high school. If he matured emotionally which I head he has he is going to be a really good player for us.
Houma de Wave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
Robert1969 wrote:
Doesn’t count
No both teams played to win. LSU just shot horrible. They killed us on the boards though.
We had 0 offensive rebounds in the first half.
LSU out rebounded us 48-39, but 19-3 on the offensive boards.

Story and a bunch of pics:
http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... obile_home
Thanks for all of this insight, Tim.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Although it was an exhibition both teams played hard all night trying to win. Had LSU made just 1/3 of their offensive putback’s they probably would have won. They couldn’t hit the side of a barn last night. We are small in the 3-4-5 spots. So rebounding in league play is a concern. Sehic plays away from the goal a lot. Paul didn’t do much and sat out much of the first half in foul trouble. Frazier had an off night. Cam shot well. LSU had a size advantage but they didn’t take advantage of it. They should have pounded the paint all night.
Per LSU they didn’t play two starters last night either.
Tulane Class of 1981
Ruski
Swell

Thanks for the summaries. Wonder if there are video highlights anywhere?

The whole season is gonna come down to an improvment in the inside game. Last year I'd guess we won about 15% of the offensive rebounds and only like 20% of our points came inside the paint. To win conference games we're gonna have to get that up to like 40-45% rebounds and 35-40% points in the paint.

Kind of like in football teams figured us out/wore us down, realizing you can't sustain shooting from the arch all night.

Glad we beat them S.O.B. but would like to see the bigs get better.
anEngineer
Riptide

The Advocate has only one story about this game and apparently it was more of an LSU loss than a Tulane win. In fact, nowhere in the story does it actually say that Tulane won the game. The reader is told several times that LSU lost to someone and they were playing Tulane, so if you are capable of second-level reasoning, you can figure out what happened.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote:Thanks for the summaries. Wonder if there are video highlights anywhere?

The whole season is gonna come down to an improvment in the inside game. Last year I'd guess we won about 15% of the offensive rebounds and only like 20% of our points came inside the paint. To win conference games we're gonna have to get that up to like 40-45% rebounds and 35-40% points in the paint.

Kind of like in football teams figured us out/wore us down, realizing you can't sustain shooting from the arch all night.

Glad we beat them S.O.B. but would like to see the bigs get better.
Probably no video. I shot a video of the last 1 minute of the game to record the win.
phpBB [video]

Dunleavy post game:
phpBB [video]
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The NOLA, for whatever it's worth, opinion

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/ ... iver_index
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Robert1969
Riptide

In the end, it don’t matter if it is an LSU loss, or if they had all their starters, or whatever. What matters is that Tulane beat LSU by double digits.