USF Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 6 and will be on ESPN2.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Thanks for this thread, Win. I was worn out from that FIU game thread.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

USF has allowed 2.45 yards per rush and allows 77.8 rush yards per game, which places it in the top 5 of FBS in those metrics. Since it has not played a rush heavy team like Tulane yet, it will be interesting to see how effective Tulane's offense will be against it given it's performances against the rush so far.

To put it into perspective, if Tulane hits 233 yards rushing, it will have tripled the average amount of rushing yards allowed by USF.
51WaveBG
High Tide

TU won't even cover the Vegas point spread. Charlie Strong has a good team and he knows how to coach them. All he has to do is stack the box because he already knows that TU has no passer that is effective. The USF passing attack will shred the
TU defensive backfield and their QB will run us silly. With the TU "O" line, our run game, which is all we have, will sputter and be lucky to average 2.45 yards per carry. This game will be decided before the first half is completed.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

51WaveBG wrote:TU won't even cover the Vegas point spread. Charlie Strong has a good team and he knows how to coach them. All he has to do is stack the box because he already knows that TU has no passer that is effective. The USF passing attack will shred the
TU defensive backfield and their QB will run us silly. With the TU "O" line, our run game, which is all we have, will sputter and be lucky to average 2.45 yards per carry. This game will be decided before the first half is completed.

USF will put 10 in the box with one center fielder, just in case Banks can throw the ball lying on his back !!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
51WaveBG wrote:TU won't even cover the Vegas point spread. Charlie Strong has a good team and he knows how to coach them. All he has to do is stack the box because he already knows that TU has no passer that is effective. The USF passing attack will shred the

USF will put 10 in the box with one center fielder, just in case Banks can throw the ball lying on his back !!!
We call this the duck and cover drill....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenPuddleSplash wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:

We call this the duck and cover drill....
I am old enough to have actually participated in "duck and cover" drills....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Shaun King coming to town 2nd year coaching with USF.
http://crescentcitysports.com/former-tu ... -saturday/
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
swampnik
Surge

Da KING in da House (Yulman), Saturday!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
RobertM320
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:Shaun King coming to town 2nd year coaching with USF.
Interesting tie ins to the 1998 team. King works with the RBs as well at USF, and they're ranked #8 in the country rushing. Tulane is #10, and Arizona, who is coached by Rich Rodriguez is #4.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
galvezwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
Interesting tie ins to the 1998 team. King works with the RBs as well at USF, and they're ranked #8 in the country rushing. Tulane is #10, and Arizona, who is coached by Rich Rodriguez is #4.

Do we have an opening for a recruiting coordinator/passing game consultant /quarterback coach/OC in waiting / HC in waiting?
RobertM320
Green Wave

galvezwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Do we have an opening for a recruiting coordinator/passing game consultant /quarterback coach/OC in waiting / HC in waiting?
Not going to happen. He's got the best of both worlds. He's a Tampa native. If Strong hadn't wanted him on staff, he'd have gone back to being an analyst. He's already said that.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
galvezwave
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:
galvezwave wrote:
RobertM320 wrote:

Not going to happen. He's got the best of both worlds. He's a Tampa native. If Strong hadn't wanted him on staff, he'd have gone back to being an analyst. He's already said that.

I was only really half serious. I have read up on him some. He's getting a lot of credit for their recruiting success. He's got the cred and personality to go with it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I follow him on Twitter and he's really happy being able to be home. But you are correct, he'd be a great one for us to have on staff.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CFN's prediction...no need to play the game....

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/10/ ... me-preview
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tough one:

http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... a75b6.html

Eldrick Washington is done for the year.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

On that story headline I’d argue that Oklahoma was our toughest.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Most if not all would agree. Think it was intended to say toughest HOME game. The Advocate might be our official paper but it doesn't allow much space for our stories and the editing is poor to say the least.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:Most if not all would agree. Think it was intended to say toughest HOME game. The Advocate might be our official paper but it doesn't allow much space for our stories and the editing is poor to say the least.
I agree. Still better than the TP though.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I confirmed it with him that he didn't put it that way.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote:I confirmed it with him that he didn't put it that way.
Thanks. Yes Guerry would know better. Hard to be tougher than #2 OU on the road.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote:Tulane pulls the upset:

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/c ... sibilities
If I still drank, I would order what he is drinking...it must be some smooth stuff