FIU wins 23-10

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ESPN probably put us vs USF on ESPN3 now

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
galvezwave
Swell

Wow. Massive disappointment. Just a huge setback for the program. Scared to death of success.
galvezwave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:ESPN probably put us vs USF on ESPN3 now
Drop of a hat, a 15,000 crowd falls to 4,000. Will look impressive for the cameras.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

You just can’t lose a game going in a 13-14 point favorite. We need to always win games we should and pull an occasional upset to go bowling. This loss is a big setback trying to get to 6 wins. Teams we play will study the Butch Davis gameplan that had such great success.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Disgusting. No other way to put it. We have no passing game. The line can't pass block for the most part and when they do Banks can't complete a pass. We can't rush the passer and we can't cover. The special teams still stink. The coaching staff is stuck on safe formulas and have no imagination. How we can't get the ball in space to Badie and Glenn is pathetic. That's a bad football team and they were in control from the get go. Just sad and pathetic.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

We shit the bed. Can’t say I’m surprised. It’s par for the course and some of the same ole shit we’ve seen at a Tulane year after year. Good teams don’t do this.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:You just can’t lose a game going in a 13-14 point favorite. We need to always win games we should and pull an occasional upset to go bowling. This loss is a big setback trying to get to 6 wins. Teams we play will study the Butch Davis gameplan that had such great success.
Of course, in addition to Davis' game plan Banks going 5-16 for 36 yards with an interception had a whole lot to do with our loss tonight. And Banks' God-awful night passing had nothing at all to do with Davis' game plan, we had a lot of open receivers all night long. Banks even missed one sure touchdown throw.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote:
tpstulane wrote:You just can’t lose a game going in a 13-14 point favorite. We need to always win games we should and pull an occasional upset to go bowling. This loss is a big setback trying to get to 6 wins. Teams we play will study the Butch Davis gameplan that had such great success.
Of course, in addition to Davis' game plan Banks going 5-16 for 36 yards with an interception had a whole lot to do with our loss tonight. And Banks' God-awful night passing had nothing at all to do with Davis' game plan, we had a lot of open receivers all night long. Banks even missed one sure touchdown throw.
The plan worked and we failed to adjust our game plan.
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

If he isn't completing passes then run some sh*t to get him some easy completions or just pound the freaking ball. Why does the best player on the field every week we play Dontrell Hilliard have 12 carries. We come out and run with multiple RBs every down and go right down the field to cut it to 13-10. We get the ball back after that and it's a run with Banks and 2 passes that weren't close. Why didn't we just keep doing what worked? The playcalling many times over the last 2 years has made zero sense. There can never be a game Hilliard has 12 carries with this offense. He has to be 22+ every week if not more. It looked like our coaching staff put no preparation in or thought to the game plan and expected to walk out on the field and dominate and our players played that way. This was a coaching loss. No gameplan, poor preparation, no adjustments and a team flat as could be in what was an absolutely HUGE game for this program. An opportunity to be 4-2 heading into a home game on a Sat night against a ranked opponent. I have seen this game so many times in the last 30 years that it's hard to not be worried about this staff. We are a miraculous drive against Army away from being 2-4 and staring down the barrel at a 3 win season and now you have to wonder how much of last week had to do with Tulsa out of whack due to the Hurricane. I feel the opposite this week as I did last week. This was a completely inexcusable loss.
TURVS71
Swell

Have to say that, at Tulane, we specialize in "momentum killing."

This game rates up there with the all time
"Goose Eggs" laid by this football program. I will venture to say that this loss will probably kill an otherwise promising season that was unfolding.
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
galvezwave
Swell

Addicted to losing. Some type of aversion to being on that big stage with a top 20 team and a stadium full of people waiting to see something great. Today they relieved that pressure. It's easier this way. take the pressure off and go back to 2,800 parents, girlfriends a small band and a handful of drunk alumni up in the glazier club. It's so easy to lose. Nobody is better than Tulane at it. It's as if this is the way we want it to be. it's absurd. Can't believe I even typed this, but sometimes, this is what it feels like.
Eaglewave
Swell

So much for me believing in this team this year. There is no way we will win 6 games. I am crushed. I just knew we turned a corner last week. I guess I was wrong.
Ball Sumrall!
swampnik
Surge

FIU makes us 0-3 for away games this year. USF hopefully will provide the upset win next Saturday at this team works somehow at Yulman (3-0).
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
wave97
Swell

Thank God for the NHL.
Pepper
Swell

Seen this show before. I will say if you are not ready to play, you get beat. It happened last Sat to Tulsa. We will know more about the talent gap after next week.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

One thing is for sure, USF will not be up for us on Saturday. Saturday will tell us a lot for where we really are for year 2 of the WF era.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

To make matters worse are to read WF post game remarks. He says we should have stuck with the run more and not gotten cute so much. WTF? So we only threw 16 times against a team that was stacking the box and daring us to throw and we should have run even more and just totally abandon the pass. He said when we pass on a play it means we only give ourselves two downs to get a first down. Wow. He needs to get a grip and they better get working on the passing game .
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

Hence my name “ Show Me”. Tulane for the umpteenth time has crushed our hopes. What a complete reversal from last week. I have to admit I fell for it and should have known better. No more until the season is over and we have a winning record. I expected a let down (see prediction thread) but I thought we’d be good enough to still beat a bad CUSA team but apparently not.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Show Me wrote:Hence my name “ Show Me”. Tulane for the umpteenth time has crushed our hopes. What a complete reversal from last week. I have to admit I fell for it and should have known better. No more until the season is over and we have a winning record. I expected a let down (see prediction thread) but I thought we’d be good enough to still beat a bad CUSA team but apparently not.
In retrospect, like you said, I think we were fooled by the Tulsa game. We had a huge advantage playing the game at 10 am on the field and the time we normally practice. Tulsa got off to a bad start and it just snow balled on them, leaving us feeling we had finally turned the corner. South Florida game could turn ugly in many ways....empty stadium, large talent gap, and a garbage offensive system that belongs at the FCS level.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

U may wish to share your thoughts with LSU (Troy) Washington State (CAL ) and Houston (Tulsa)....This STAFF and TEAM took this game for granted and both are nowhere good enough for that attitude...This will either be, or better be, a wake up call, or Tulane will not win another game this season
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bigschtick
Riptide

Wave755 wrote:One thing is for sure, USF will not be up for us on Saturday. Saturday will tell us a lot for where we really are for year 2 of the WF era.

That is said every week. We know where we are after yesterday and its not an optimistic picture!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote:To make matters worse are to read WF post game remarks. He says we should have stuck with the run more and not gotten cute so much. WTF? So we only threw 16 times against a team that was stacking the box and daring us to throw and we should have run even more and just totally abandon the pass. He said when we pass on a play it means we only give ourselves two downs to get a first down. Wow. He needs to get a grip and they better get working on the passing game .

I was wondering about that comment as well! I am not convinced this coach will be able to turn this program around with this system.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

FIU? FIU? Are you f-ing kidding me? Wow, another "Brownstreak" in the underwear of Tulane Football! Everyone if our remaining fans should be embarrassed, not to mention Fritz and his staff.!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

You could tell from the very first series, that Tulane was flat and completely unprepared to play the game. And it was very Teevenistic to only have Hilliard carry the ball 12 times—FIU couldn’t stop him, but our coaching staff sure did. Lastly, it is clear that we have a glaring need for a QB like Lindsay Scott. If Scott comes to Tulane, he will start the first game of next year. Scott is a much better passer and decision maker than Banks.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Aberzombie1892
Swell

Even with the standings are what they are now, Tulane finishing outside of the bottom of the AAC West seems extremely unlikely, and, more importantly, Tulane's bowl hopes are on life support. It's true that Tulane can still pull out 6 wins, but, if a few of the weaker remaining opponents can replicate FIU's success, remaining games that were likely wins may turn into rough losses.